Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes
    Here we go again...the yellow triangle is back again! I saw this happen briefly yesterday, and now at 7:00 am today. My last received email occurred at 3:10 am today. And so it seems that Google must be doing something to their imap server. Maybe they're running some tests on it to make sure that it really is secure. At first, I thought my Touchpad was at fault, but I can see here that some others had this same problem yesterday. All of this makes me wonder if this gmail imap system is really that reliable.
    Well, another week, another .pem

Still, this one works once again on the TP and the PRE3, so thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    What the heck? So everyone is working except me? How is this possible?

Does anyone else still have triangles and no mail??

I'm having the same problem on the Tpad, but the error is more detailed, error code 9820 non specific SSL protocol error SRC/network/socketconnection.CPP:184
    I do too
    According to the investigation of NIN_ru, the best solution would be to update the webos openssl version

Issue is not with Gmail imap or webos, but the combination of gmail going forward and webos being in the past.

I do see the same problem with my providers xs4all imap mail.

Other older systems might have the same problem

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Okay, just had the yellow trinagle again.

Installed a cert two days ago.

Deleted it, downloaded a new one, added the new one, yellow triangle gone.

Will look later what the difference of the two is.

We are making some progress. I think so anyway. At least we now know this is simply webOS falling behind on technology, which should be expected. This is technically HPs fault for lack of support to webOS, not Google's.

We now have two "manual" methods for overcoming this obstacle. Hopefully an automatic solution can be created.
    I've confirmed that the script, as well as pulling and installing individual certs, are each working. I'm receiving mail on both devices today, each using their own method.

We also have the "last resort" of using a Hotmail! Inbox and forwarding gmail to it, to receive incoming mail notifications. We can then respond directly from gmail in the web browser, as well as from the Hotmail box using gmail as a "reply-to alias".

Matt, thank you again for providing the script. You're rowing the Titanic, and somehow keeping us afloat.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    According to the investigation of NIN_ru, the best solution would be to update the webos openssl version

Issue is not with Gmail imap or webos, but the combination of gmail going forward and webos being in the past.

I do see the same problem with my providers xs4all imap mail.

Other older systems might have the same problem

It's true. The gmail help forum is full of people on various mail clients, struggling to keep up. Google is obviously only concerned with maintaining functionality for their own product (android). Everyone else is on their own. The main difference for us is we don't have HP working on a solution like any other current product would.

But we have each other! Group hug!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Update...OK my Touchpad is running the IMAP SSL gmail app. and it is still down and out. I shut the TP down and re-booted, but It still says : Security certificate invalid". It does NOT say which certificate this is. I'm, assuming its the IMAP Gmail server cert. So, what did Google do? It looks like they have now updated to a NEW CERT with a NEW expiration date of Nov, 9, 2015. I opened my web based Gmail and checked the certificate chain. And that's what it's telling me. I'm new at this, so please check what I'm posting here. I certainly don't want to provide false information. Of course the web based Gmail never uses IMAP and hence, it works without any problem. So it appears that clients running the IMAP Gmail app have this updating problem. I'm beginning to agree with Grabber5.0...Google can and will update whenever they feel the need to do so. So, in essence, the stated expiration date is almost without true meaning. But WHY is Google doing this? Do they not have any confidence in their own software revisions? I'm quite sure that they have some of the best programmers and crypto guys in the business. I think all of us (myself included) have to realize that the Internet is now becoming plagued with individuals who's only goal seems to be to create havoc for all. So my guess is, there will be an endless chain of revisions and upgrades for ALL the servers in the certificate chain. Maybe even the root CA.
    Did that this morning and things seem to be working better.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Did you remove the old gmail certificates from the certificate manager and add back only the new ones? Also it would be a good idea to remove any old .pem files from your USB drive so the certificate manager doesn't show them to you in the future when you add the updated ones.
    As stated, Google appears to be doing this to protect against counterfeit certificates enabled.by the sha-1 vulnerability. Or they're being jerks. Ok hopefully not.
    All I know, is that I'm using the revision that we've been calling the google5.cert. This has worked until yesterday and today. Is this still OK, or do I need a newer update? The message that I get "Security certificate invalid" seems to suggest the google5.cert may no longer be valid.
    I tried making the script but it complains about "/bin/sh not found"

Not sure if I completely messed up the TP now.

Lost in what I should run. Took me a while to get novaterm to work!
    Yes, you need to update again.
    The script as provided by Grabber and modified by gizmo21 has worked for me. Thanks Guys! I did have to first create the directory to which the modified script points.

Also, at first the two new certs did not appear in Certificate Manager after pressing the add cert button. Meanwhile I copied the text of the new cert and was going to use the old method (NIN_ru's way of manually adding a new cert) and went into UBS mode to copy over the new file. After coming out of USB mode, I thought to try Certificate Manager again and then there were the new files. So, not sure why they decided to make a showing...maybe I just didn't wait long enough. I could then trust them and I am back in business.

Now that I have the script on my phone, shouldn't I be able to open wTerm and execute /media/internal/grabcerts.sh next time? Would be nice because then no connection to computer would be necessary and I could get gmail back working wherever/whenever.
    Yes, that is exactly what you can do in the future, and is one of the reasons I created the script - so the cert can be updated without a computer.
    petbull, jccjmml7 and Alibamboo like this.
    Way cool, thanks again!
    I copied your certificate from post 355 as I have been successful with previous update certificates. Used the same process as for the previous 5 certificates but for this certificate I continue to get a msg "file cannot be opened because it is not a valid security certificate file format". Suggestions???

Thanks to everyone who is keeping those of us who don't write code up-to-date.
    A Certificate Manager app? Sounds like a great idea. Which post has the instructions for installing it?
    to this day I leave certificate expired. it is very sad

put ... google

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190 mediante Tapatalk
    Last edited by joshua764; 08/20/2015 at 07:07 AM.
  20. rlh
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yes, that is exactly what you can do in the future, and is one of the reasons I created the script - so the cert can be updated without a computer.
    Thank you for your never-ending good work

Do you think it would be difficult to modify your script in order to get certificates from other email providers ?
    I seem to have something similar to Google's with OVH host/email services.