Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes
    I have to agree with Grabber5.0 in his post #335. It's up to the smarter guys here on this WebOS forum to somehow develop a way for us to keep up to date with the latest google.imap.gmail certs. Unfortunately, HP dumped Webos along with the Touchpad and who knows what else. In my opinion, that was a serious mistake...they lost some serious money. The Touchpad and WebOS have some significant features that are hard to beat, even by today's standards.
    Without the help from a handful of great folks on here, many of us would be using a different os right now.
    I am extremely grateful that I can still use my webOS phones today.

I try to help others when I can, but rely on guys like Matt and others (...you know who you are) to keep trudging on......
    I haven't had time to work on the install package for this, but I've uploaded the script to download the updated certs for imap.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com to my website. You can download it here: http://www.fordmaverick.com/GrabberS...abcerts.sh.txt

You may be able to directly from your devices, or download from your PC and copy it to /media/internal (or wherever you wish), and remove the .txt from the end of the filename. Then you can run it from the WOSQI command line option or a novaterm window. It will generate the new cert files (smtp is not needed now, but it won't hurt to prepare, as I expect they will start changing it too), and then you can remove the old ones and add them to the certificate manager whenever they change.

Edit: as an easier alternative (I think it is) until I have something more automated, here is a self-removing IPK that will do the same thing. You can copy it to your device and install it via Preware any time the certs need updated, then add the new .pem files to the certificate manager. http://www.fordmaverick.com/GrabberS..._0.8.0_all.ipk
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 09/02/2015 at 07:58 PM.
    Preemptive, toto-w, Rnp and 4 others like this.
    Looks like that since about 1 hr the problem is back again. I guess I'll need to pull some more certs ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Working for me, sending and receiving, using just smtp and imap certs for gmail.com

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I was fixing my imap for the umptiest time, and for the first time I also had an smtp message. I will post them here shortly (unless someone else has).

Edit: removed an error that has since gone away...for no obvious reason. I removed it to keep the thread clean (focused).
    Last edited by Misj'; 08/18/2015 at 02:24 PM.
    Can confirm, that the error is back with my Veer.

Edit: The problem magically disappeared!
    Last edited by Alibamboo; 08/18/2015 at 02:50 PM.
    - still loving webOS -
    If running it is not beyond your capabilities, the script in post 343 will always download the latest IMAP and SMTP certificates.
    Rnp and toto-w like this.
    Just updated with the script, but still occasionally getting
    "The server's security certificate is invalid".
    I think this is a new one. Anyone else getting this?

Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post

I started getting the error since a few hours ago.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post

Did you remove the old gmail certificates from the certificate manager and add back only the new ones? Also it would be a good idea to remove any old .pem files from your USB drive so the certificate manager doesn't show them to you in the future when you add the updated ones.
    I've had the cert error twice tonight after updating today. I pulled a new cert earlier and it had a Nov 9th date, the previous one was Nov 5th, and still got the error just now. I'm getting nervous.

Weird i have atm cert 10th Nov and 6th Nov installed, as it also seemed to me google hopped back and forth.

I pimped your script with a dl-date in filename and specific dl-folder as i put the script to /usr/bin to have it accessible from every folder in wterm.

Code:
    #!/bin/sh -x
    #Just retrieves individual certs.. for full chain, use -showcerts option
    #openssl s_client -showcerts -connect smtp.gmail.com:465

for CERT in \
      imap.gmail.com:993
    do
      echo |\
      openssl s_client -connect ${CERT} 2>/dev/null |\
      sed -ne '/-BEGIN CERTIFICATE-/,/-END CERTIFICATE-/p' > /media/internal/downloads/certs/gimap$(date +'%m-%d').pem
    done

for CERT in \
      smtp.gmail.com:465
    do
      echo |\
      sed -ne '/-BEGIN CERTIFICATE-/,/-END CERTIFICATE-/p' > /media/internal/downloads/certs/gsmtp$(date +'%m-%d').pem
    done

and for those not into shell-scripting, here is my todays cert valid 10th Nov:

Code:
    -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
    MIIEdjCCA16gAwIBAgIIJ3zoWwrEMW4wDQYJKoZIhvcNAQELBQAwSTELMAkGA1UE
    BhMCVVMxEzARBgNVBAoTCkdvb2dsZSBJbmMxJTAjBgNVBAMTHEdvb2dsZSBJbnRl
    cm5ldCBBdXRob3JpdHkgRzIwHhcNMTUwODEyMTQ0NzQyWhcNMTUxMTEwMDAwMDAw
    WjBoMQswCQYDVQQGEwJVUzETMBEGA1UECAwKQ2FsaWZvcm5pYTEWMBQGA1UEBwwN
    TW91bnRhaW4gVmlldzETMBEGA1UECgwKR29vZ2xlIEluYzEXMBUGA1UEAwwOaW1h
    cC5nbWFpbC5jb20wggEiMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4IBDwAwggEKAoIBAQC+n60+
    372Os7y7ja3gU7V1hnBEZ37xnvrBsxHYzZyctpJ4sXAF4mQLoIsTO3OSJfVT2ws3
    /oZMA3v1eT7o6TFyxzYmlKNM8AC3DX1LYazwMdhFtgMn9EgS2QsonBkW2qoz31K9
    gqa8f6dQ9j4lcaTTEW+tvwu3kyGuuWZkr+GjoaO9lN1+8NOMru94NPK7h+2lcr0s
    IgeSNdxOg0BvI6uGK51n8RHKqEVxhgakBw3eYBBbnp7C+/vNZ0eNoCJxle9prJ1q
    Xog2fo2uH3H6mcg4/xRSv9DCPqBARexZjd6aoysEZ4GNYVAHEv1kj9DVZiLbXZxd
    g/jBsQOg5Eb9ND0VAgMBAAGjggFBMIIBPTAdBgNVHSUEFjAUBggrBgEFBQcDAQYI
    KwYBBQUHAwIwGQYDVR0RBBIwEIIOaW1hcC5nbWFpbC5jb20waAYIKwYBBQUHAQEE
    XDBaMCsGCCsGAQUFBzAChh9odHRwOi8vcGtpLmdvb2dsZS5jb20vR0lBRzIuY3J0
    MCsGCCsGAQUFBzABhh9odHRwOi8vY2xpZW50czEuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS9vY3NwMB0G
    A1UdDgQWBBQTtMUqj1QqqRHDVNxzl5/C/Y6cNjAMBgNVHRMBAf8EAjAAMB8GA1Ud
    IwQYMBaAFErdBhYbvPZotXb1gba7Yhq6WoEvMBcGA1UdIAQQMA4wDAYKKwYBBAHW
    eQIFATAwBgNVHR8EKTAnMCWgI6Ahhh9odHRwOi8vcGtpLmdvb2dsZS5jb20vR0lB
    RzIuY3JsMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBCwUAA4IBAQB5q/J0j07SoYufg6IgcOU3y+2GucRQ
    bWZEwJQLQ9rYnrM0sQCOceTeLAlXysLyUk0A7zeExmf8rbTF27EjCR17lZ1iOmvD
    +yVI45DNo+Bde57Ngw45B6F+687geyWfXqhre7RyqoX8qxym/iKUYGsEfDr8veCK
    7ek8vXJX+IBMMlJFKERcKZlXh+zHHF5n1gSITUbEy6+nZ3V/HtOBBCkyVp8jWEQt
    2SFVAKn7hZkc+wjANzMDm3MgP9Y0XOJuHZWJ8wxiq0M5UoMQQCirbYuLqSkvCWZ5
    kFDPDhVVSDnzgEzGQ6Q4hg/pZPqMrgRKZdwgwtP2YgVO6lxsSaToKAwV
    -----END CERTIFICATE-----
    EDIT: ok the script is working on my Pre2.

i google searched for how to run a script in linux, and tried this:

1. the link above, right click > SAVE AS to save the text to PC.
    2. transfer to phone using simple USB transfer method, then disconnect USB link
    3. use Internalz Pro app (from Preware), navigate to /media/internal, select the grabcerts.sh.txt file, use INFO to rename (delete "txt")
    4. connect to phone with WOSQI (webOS Quick installer v.4.6 installed on your PC), open command line terminal window
    ---OR---
    4. use Wterm app (from Preware)
    5. type "cd /media/internal" , enter; then type " ./grabcerts.sh", enter. (no quote marks, just what's inside. **Punctuation requires HOLDING the shift key)
    6. open Device Info app > Prefs > Cert Mgr > tap the Add Cert button. Now there are two new pem files available, "googleimap" and "googlesmtp". i trusted them both, and mail is working! wee!
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 08/21/2015 at 01:49 PM. Reason: clarifying steps for other noobs like me
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    horzel likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Weird i have atm cert 10th Nov and 6th Nov installed, as it also seemed to me google hopped back and forth.

I pimped your script with a dl-date in filename and specific dl-folder as i put the script to /usr/bin to have it accessible from every folder in wterm.

Code:
    #!/bin/sh -x
    #Just retrieves individual certs.. for full chain, use -showcerts option
    #openssl s_client -showcerts -connect smtp.gmail.com:465

for CERT in \
      imap.gmail.com:993
    do
      echo |\
      sed -ne '/-BEGIN CERTIFICATE-/,/-END CERTIFICATE-/p' > /media/internal/downloads/certs/gimap$(date +'%m-%d').pem
    done

for CERT in \
      smtp.gmail.com:465
    do
      echo |\
      sed -ne '/-BEGIN CERTIFICATE-/,/-END CERTIFICATE-/p' > /media/internal/downloads/certs/gsmtp$(date +'%m-%d').pem
    done

and for those not into shell-scripting, here is my todays cert valid 10th Nov:

Code:
    -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
    MIIEdjCCA16gAwIBAgIIJ3zoWwrEMW4wDQYJKoZIhvcNAQELBQAwSTELMAkGA1UE
    BhMCVVMxEzARBgNVBAoTCkdvb2dsZSBJbmMxJTAjBgNVBAMTHEdvb2dsZSBJbnRl
    cm5ldCBBdXRob3JpdHkgRzIwHhcNMTUwODEyMTQ0NzQyWhcNMTUxMTEwMDAwMDAw
    WjBoMQswCQYDVQQGEwJVUzETMBEGA1UECAwKQ2FsaWZvcm5pYTEWMBQGA1UEBwwN
    TW91bnRhaW4gVmlldzETMBEGA1UECgwKR29vZ2xlIEluYzEXMBUGA1UEAwwOaW1h
    cC5nbWFpbC5jb20wggEiMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4IBDwAwggEKAoIBAQC+n60+
    372Os7y7ja3gU7V1hnBEZ37xnvrBsxHYzZyctpJ4sXAF4mQLoIsTO3OSJfVT2ws3
    /oZMA3v1eT7o6TFyxzYmlKNM8AC3DX1LYazwMdhFtgMn9EgS2QsonBkW2qoz31K9
    gqa8f6dQ9j4lcaTTEW+tvwu3kyGuuWZkr+GjoaO9lN1+8NOMru94NPK7h+2lcr0s
    IgeSNdxOg0BvI6uGK51n8RHKqEVxhgakBw3eYBBbnp7C+/vNZ0eNoCJxle9prJ1q
    Xog2fo2uH3H6mcg4/xRSv9DCPqBARexZjd6aoysEZ4GNYVAHEv1kj9DVZiLbXZxd
    g/jBsQOg5Eb9ND0VAgMBAAGjggFBMIIBPTAdBgNVHSUEFjAUBggrBgEFBQcDAQYI
    KwYBBQUHAwIwGQYDVR0RBBIwEIIOaW1hcC5nbWFpbC5jb20waAYIKwYBBQUHAQEE
    XDBaMCsGCCsGAQUFBzAChh9odHRwOi8vcGtpLmdvb2dsZS5jb20vR0lBRzIuY3J0
    MCsGCCsGAQUFBzABhh9odHRwOi8vY2xpZW50czEuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS9vY3NwMB0G
    A1UdDgQWBBQTtMUqj1QqqRHDVNxzl5/C/Y6cNjAMBgNVHRMBAf8EAjAAMB8GA1Ud
    IwQYMBaAFErdBhYbvPZotXb1gba7Yhq6WoEvMBcGA1UdIAQQMA4wDAYKKwYBBAHW
    eQIFATAwBgNVHR8EKTAnMCWgI6Ahhh9odHRwOi8vcGtpLmdvb2dsZS5jb20vR0lB
    RzIuY3JsMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBCwUAA4IBAQB5q/J0j07SoYufg6IgcOU3y+2GucRQ
    bWZEwJQLQ9rYnrM0sQCOceTeLAlXysLyUk0A7zeExmf8rbTF27EjCR17lZ1iOmvD
    +yVI45DNo+Bde57Ngw45B6F+687geyWfXqhre7RyqoX8qxym/iKUYGsEfDr8veCK
    7ek8vXJX+IBMMlJFKERcKZlXh+zHHF5n1gSITUbEy6+nZ3V/HtOBBCkyVp8jWEQt
    2SFVAKn7hZkc+wjANzMDm3MgP9Y0XOJuHZWJ8wxiq0M5UoMQQCirbYuLqSkvCWZ5
    kFDPDhVVSDnzgEzGQ6Q4hg/pZPqMrgRKZdwgwtP2YgVO6lxsSaToKAwV
    -----END CERTIFICATE-----
    confirming this eliminated my triangles on Touchpad. I think this is "google6.pem"?
    (or, should it be only "google.pem" because we should eliminate each older version first???)

however, above i updated that Matt's script WORKED on my Pre2, once i figured out how to issue commands with WOSQI. So now i'll wait and see how they each behave, and the next time i get triangles on the Tpad, (which i expect to) i'll see if they come to the phone as well, or if this script handles it for me. (is it "automagical"? or do i run this myself every time i get triangles?)
    also, the updated script tweak with date and folder, is that necessary? should i reinstall with that change?
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 08/19/2015 at 02:08 AM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    If we could excecute the script from a node.jsjsjs $service$ ($I$'$m$ $pretty$ $sure$ $that$'$s$ $possible$, $but$ $I$ $haven$'$t$ $done$ $much$ $with$ $node$.$js$ $or$ $webos$ $services$: https://dzone.com/articles/execute-unix-command-nodejs) a userfriendly front-end should be possible.

If we could implement that into the error-handling of the email app (and I see no reason why we couldn't) it would be even better. I mean: we could then check which account caused the (ssl) error, and update the certificates accordingly; either by manually trusting them in the certificate manager or by automatically trusting them as described by NIN_ru (certificate manager broken).

The script is already an important step into a user-friendly solution. But I think that for many users such a front-end would be ideal.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    EDIT: ok the script is working on my Pre2.

i google searched for how to run a script in linux, and tried this:

1. the link above, right click > SAVE AS to save the text to PC.
    2. transfer to phone using simple USB transfer method, then disconnect USB link
    3. use Internalz Pro, navigate to /media/internal, select the grabcerts.sh.txt file, use INFO to rename (delete "txt")
    4. connect to phone with WOSQI, open command line terminal window
    5. type "cd /media/internal" then type " ./grabcerts.sh" (no quote marks, just what's inside)
    6. open Device Info app > Prefs > Cert Mgr > tap the Add Cert button. Now there are two new pem files available, "googleimap" and "googlesmtp". i trusted them both, and mail is working! wee!
    Hahaha, I booted up my laptop to test these steps, knew they would work but wanted to test before posting.
    Great research!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    (is it "automagical"? or do i run this myself every time i get triangles?)
    also, the updated script tweak with date and folder, is that necessary? should i reinstall with that change?
    You would need to run it every time, to get the newer certs, it does not run in the background

Two changes were made, the current script will overwrite the pem files everytime.

With the one change he adds the downloaddate to the name of the cert:
    Code:
    gimap$(date +'%m-%d').pem
    While the other one saves it in a specific folder:
    Code:
    /media/internal/downloads/certs/
    Every time you run the script a new pem will be created, which means, slowly you will get a lot of them.

I suppose this is not really needed, if you just always want the newest.

The suggestion to place the script in /usr/bin, would mean you can skip the step to change to the internal media folder, but this would also mean, without above adjustments, that the pem files will be stored in /usr/bin

If you just want the pem files without additional smuck, keep it as is
    I haven't run the script yet...did the quick addition of googlecert6 for now...will do the script when I get a bit more time.

But I want to say just thankful I am that you guys and this forum exist. You RULE.

THANK YOU
    Yes the whole updated script /with putting it to urs/bin is just for those:

1. wanting to keep every pem iteration downloaded, to perhaps compare them.
    2. who are wanting to update "on trip" using the on device preware app WTERM (with root rights) instead of always connecting via USB and use WOSQI at home. You can then just open wterm, enter name of the script or tab on "UPARROW" (to get the lastest entries ) and press enter, and the certs will be always on the defined directory like horzel wrote.
    Misj' and petbull like this.