Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    While I do understand that Google feels lonely and wants some extra 'special time' with me in our regular certificate ritual...yeah, we need a more permanent solution. This is getting out of hand.

On the other hand, I do like the irony that Google has trust issues, since I don't really trust Google either
    Thanks again to you all who keep the rest of us connected to Google. I'm beginning to wonder if it is worth the hassle except that our school district has changed everyone to gmail..... aaaargh!! Thanks all!!
    Google5 works!

Thanks for all the great support!
    - still loving webOS -
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    this is getting long in the tooth... Google sync didn't work quite well to begin with, especially the calendar, but now I'm on the verge of disabling their "service" altogether. Thanks guys for trying to fix it time and again, though. But it's Don Quixote...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alibamboo View Post
    Google5 works!

Thanks for all the great support!
    Today my pre 2 and touchpad is new yellow triangle. Certificate not valid. as you did it work?

Mugroso google dejanos en paz
    Last edited by joshua764; 08/10/2015 at 06:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    FYI: pretty sure I've deleted the pretrusted files from my pre2 but not my TPad. Today when the tp had triangles, the pre2 did not; it still worked. This may be confirming your theory.

But I have not been deleting previous imaps. My pre2 has 3 in the cert Mgr and my tp has more (4-5?) I think but its not on hand to check.

On the Pre2,
    Along with the 7999...0 and d76c...0 files, the 64d5dbd5 file now has .0, .1, and .2 versions in my /var/ssl/certs and /var/ssl/certs/trusted certs folders, but none are in the /etc/ssl folders.
    I deleted all of the previous imap.google.com certs on my TP and Pre3 and rebooted before opening and accepting this 5th cert. and they are syncing fine now.

Interestingly, I just opened and accepted the new cert on my wife's Veer (without removing older certs and rebooting) and it took the new cert and immediately started syncing. Weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    On the other hand, I do like the irony that Google has trust issues, since I don't really trust Google either
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... LOL

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    For the record, you don't even need the Google internet authority cert or the geotrust cert, just the IMAP.gmail.com cert. the existing ones in webOS are fine. I don't know why we have to keep updating the IMAP cert, but I'm starting to suspect it's because of the old pre-installed cert, which webOS falls back to as the trusted cert when they update it on the server. I'm going to try to test my theory when I have time.
    @grabber5.0 - That would be nice if there were a way to disable or ignore the original cert and only see the latest ones.

Yahoo doesn't appear to be doing this as often as my email works just fine after the last round of updated certs were installed.
    Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm m515 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre (Sprint) > TouchPad 32gb
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    I deleted all of the previous imap.google.com certs on my TP and Pre3 and rebooted before opening and accepting this 5th cert. and they are syncing fine now.

Interestingly, I just opened and accepted the new cert on my wife's Veer (without removing older certs and rebooting) and it took the new cert and immediately started syncing. Weird.
    How do you delete the previous certs? Would be nice to start out fresh and just load the 5 Google ones we have now.
    Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm m515 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre (Sprint) > TouchPad 32gb
    Quote Originally Posted by chillywillymm View Post
    How do you delete the previous certs? Would be nice to start out fresh and just load the 5 Google ones we have now.

Just open the certificate manager from the app menu in the device info app, and one at a time tap on each gmail certificate, scroll to the bottom of the page and tap delete.
    I have to admit, I'm getting dizzy with all this cert stuff. I copied the 3 original certs (supplied by Grabber5.0) onto my H.P TP and then my Gmail worked on my TP until Aug. 6th. It seems that I need the latest certs (Google4 and Google 5) in addition to my 3 installed Google certs. Is this correct?

I'm not sure what to do, and as of today, Aug. 10, my Gmail is still failed on my TP. I still get the yellow triangle stating "The server's security certificate is invalid." Can anyone advise on what I should do? I offer my thanks in advance for ant help.
    Got the yellow triangle this morning and was going to install the 5th cert when I got home tonight. But just tried again and no triangle! I sent a test mail to my gmail account and it came through.
    Quote Originally Posted by jclin4 View Post
    Got the yellow triangle this morning and was going to install the 5th cert when I got home tonight. But just tried again and no triangle! I sent a test mail to my gmail account and it came through.

Yep.. It will work intermittently like that for a while, and eventually stop working until you remove the old cert and install the new one. or should I say or :/ or :| ? This is certainly a tiresome game of keep alive.

Sent using WebOS Nation mobile app
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Yup, yellow triangle back again.
    I can see that many of the posters here, are much more advanced and knowledgeable then I am. I'm trying to understand what is required to get Gmail to run on my HP Touchpad tablet with this Google error: "REQUESTED ENCRYTION NOT SUPPORTED BY SERVER". I've read all the latest posts in this thread, and I can see that some of the solutions for Gmail on the HP Touchpad are concerned with the latest Gmail MAP certificates. Which ones do I need and where do I get them?

Please understand that I'm not a techno wizard in regard to this matter. At the "nuts and bolts level, things get extremely complicated. So I guess I need some step by step instructions as to what to do and how to do it. I'm quite sure I'm not alone in this situation...it looks like several others here are in the same or similar situation. Again, my sincere thanks to anyone who can help me.

to do at this point. I feel that I'm so close, yet so far away.

So, my straightforward request is: What do I have to do to get Gmail to run on my HP Touchpad tablet as
    of this date. Let me express my thanks to all who can be of help...I realize that this is not an easy task.
    installed 5th certificate been ok all day today.
    Me too, I'm back up for now with 5th cert.
    Last edited by jclin4; 08/10/2015 at 07:26 PM.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Marshall7 View Post
    I can see that many of the posters here, are much more advanced and knowledgeable then I am. I'm trying to understand what is required to get Gmail to run on my HP Touchpad tablet with this Google error: "REQUESTED ENCRYTION NOT SUPPORTED BY SERVER". I've read all the latest posts in this thread, and I can see that some of the solutions for Gmail on the HP Touchpad are concerned with the latest Gmail MAP certificates. Which ones do I need and where do I get them?

Please understand that I'm not a techno wizard in regard to this matter. At the "nuts and bolts level, things get extremely complicated. So I guess I need some step by step instructions as to what to do and how to do it. I'm quite sure I'm not alone in this situation...it looks like several others here are in the same or similar situation. Again, my sincere thanks to anyone who can help me.

to do at this point. I feel that I'm so close, yet so far away.

So, my straightforward request is: What do I have to do to get Gmail to run on my HP Touchpad tablet as
    of this date. Let me express my thanks to all who can be of help...I realize that this is not an easy task.
    Substitute gmail for yahoo in these instructions:
    https://pivotce.com/2015/03/05/guide-fixing-yahoo-mail/

...or if you're happy to use the certificates posted here, download them and skip to the installation part.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/10/2015 at 10:46 PM.
    I have a script (complements of a Google search) that I have modified to download and create the updated imap and smtp certs (note the smtp cert is not a problem yet, but I expect it to be in the future) on a 2.x or 3.x device. I want to modify it to copy them to the proper location and replace the symlink, and try to remove any old certificates matching the hash code. Based on my prior experimenting, that will also remove them from the cert manager if it is working properly. I would like to have it run on a periodic basis, checking to see if the cert has changed, to keep the manual work down to a minimum.
    gizmo21, petbull and TJs11thPre like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Just open the certificate manager from the app menu in the device info app, and one at a time tap on each gmail certificate, scroll to the bottom of the page and tap delete.
    Ahh... yes. Thank you. That's where I was confused about where the cert manager was. Appreciate the help with this.
    EDIT: Spoke too soon. Yellow triangle is back. Guess I need to load that 5th Google IMAP cert

EDIT 2: Deleted all previous Google IMAP certs (I had what are known on this discussion as Google1, 2, 3 and 4). Only Google5 IMAP cert is loaded and just a simple refresh on Google email and it's working now.

Thanks for Grabber5.0 for the help.

ORIGINAL POST: Didn't need the 5th Google IMAP cert. Just did a refresh on the email app and Gmail started working again.
    Last edited by chillywillymm; 08/10/2015 at 11:18 PM.