Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes
    Added the latest certificate as posted by toto-w
    All ok - for now!

Many thanks,

Neil.
    Quote Originally Posted by toto-w View Post
    Just copy the text from the "code" window above into a new text file with the extension ".pem". Then email it to your device, open and trust it. (Or use the attachment of this post and change the extension from "txt" to "pem".)

Regards,
    Torsten
    where to find the tool to change the txt to .pem? Hanks

Internalz pro Change
    Solucionado.
    Last edited by joshua764; 08/07/2015 at 06:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    I have no idea what Google/Gmail is doing, but today it was complaining again, and I had to trust another certificate (again only the first certificate when pulling it with openssl). Apparently Google feels that this should be a weekly habit or something.
    Thks, it's amazing how webos users still fight the probably fatal doom of our beloved platform
    Quote Originally Posted by FredGrin View Post
    Hello,
    I just wanted to re-use my old Pre 3 with an other sim card.
    Unfortunately, it's impossible to access to my Google account which I use to store my contacts and for emails.
    I come on this forum after a long time and discover that I'm not the only one to have this problem.
    Well, I've tested the solution of 3 certificates but it still not working (I'm in France).
    I've also installed patch for google with WebOSQuickInstall but there is an issue with message "Bad Request" (for Google Account) and "Crypting method not available" (for email).
    Please, could you help me to solve these problems ?
    Thanks.
    Fred
    Hi there,
    Please have in consideration what petbull mentions in post 191. Contacts use Caldav.. The certs are for Gmail with IMAP. The Google account login in webOS is completely broken. Or am I wrong?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post

Internalz pro Change
    Solucionado.
    I used Internalz Pro to do it. Click the file, click info and change the name.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    With all 4 certs, no dice for me. Matt's 1.2 patch installed. How to re-add my completely deleted gmail account?
    Quote Originally Posted by kulf View Post
    With all 4 certs, no dice for me. Matt's 1.2 patch installed. How to re-add my completely deleted gmail account?
    try

openssl s_client -showcerts -connect imap.gmail.com:993 > cert.txt

to see if you get a 5th cert in your zone. You can do it using wterm , xterm , or on a pc downloading the openssl exe.
    Btw, try to reboot before doing all this, just in case it causes the other certs to work....
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    From what I remember while working on Yahoo email problems back in April/May timeframe, SHA2 is not enabled in the installed version of openssl in Palm Pre 1.4.5. And that is why I think things are not working...even if you manage to trust the certificates.
    Do you definitely know this or is this your guess? I got the impression that all installed versions supported SHA256, but it had to be activated by the OS. References were thin on the ground and there was no specific information about activation. Your experiences would suggest that this could be the case.
    https://pivotce.com/2015/03/05/guide-fixing-yahoo-mail/ (Implications paragraph)
    SHA256, Root Certificates, OpenSSL: Future Security SHA256, Root Certificates, OpenSSL: Future Security

Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    How can we update openssl in palm pre to support SHA2?
    I know nothing about this stuff, but could some kind of meta-doctor put the 2.x version of SSL into 1.4.5? Even if that works, perhaps the problem is in the SHA256 function being activated rather than the version..? Might be harder to find that piece of code. .
    Any news on 1.4.5 cert updates (have a request in german forum) ?

Or are 1.x devices considered offline now?
    Here we go again. I installed the 3 certs suggested by Grabber5.0 and my Touchpad Gmail was working again.
    But late last night Aug. 6/15, the Gmail failed again. The same goes for today Aug.7 at 9:00 am. Now I am getting the yellow triangle with Gmail Security certificate invalid. It seems that Google must be changing these certs. How do we get the latest certs from Google? Or maybe different Google servers have different certs. They must have hundreds of servers. This seems to be the problem that others here have stated. This is really getting to be crazy. How can a Gmail IMAP SSL service be so complicated? Thanks to anyone that can help with this nightmare.
    My gmail stopped working today. Digging around, I found three more certificates. I am attaching them here just in case someone was looking for some new certificates.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post

Internalz pro Change
    Solucionado.
    You can also just rename it in windows before transferring it to the mobile device. That's what I did.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 08/07/2015 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Another word android changed for me. Hate you android!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    You can also just rename it in windows before transferring it to the mobile device. That's what I did.
    you change the extension intenalz pro. gmail is already working. It is good to have this forum. thanks to all.

you change the extension intenalz pro. gmail is already working. It is good to have this forum. thanks to all.

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190 mediante Tapatalk
    OK, here's some more info on what I'm getting with the "The server's certificate is invalid". The error details are:
    Error code 4020: certificate signature failure. Hope this will help to solve this latest crisis. What is so odd, is that back on July 25, 2015 my TP Gmail worked perfectly...even WITHOUT ANY CERTS or gsynch1.2.patch file...then on the 26th, everything went haywire and has been unstable since then... even now it's failed. My guess is that Google must have done something to the Gmail IMAP certs. Can this be fixed???
    Did some digging...the yellow triangle is saying the server's certificate is invalid. Error code 4020 certificate signature failure. My Touchpad is still NG with Gmail.
    Like others, I had the 3 certs and had gmail working. And then was broken again as of Thursday this week. (It seems to trip up people at different times.)

So tried the 4th cert in post #210 following the procedure to get the hash and create the link in /var/ssl/certs. But the hash code already existed:

Code:
    ln -s /var/ssl/certs/google4.pem 64d5db
    d5.0
    ln: 64d5dbd5.0: File exists

Are CvvB's attached certs different than the 4 certs previously posted?
    Quote Originally Posted by jclin4 View Post
    But the hash code already existed:

Code:
    ln -s /var/ssl/certs/google4.pem 64d5db
    d5.0
    ln: 64d5dbd5.0: File exists

Are CvvB's attached certs different than the 4 certs previously posted?
    While the same hash indicates that it's the same certificate, this is actually not true. So the new certificate from gmail will have the same hash as the old one; despite them having a different content (yes I know...it's weird).

rather naming it <hash>.0, just name it <hash>.1(or .2, .3, etc.). That should solve your problem.
    Thanks very much Misj' :-)

That worked and I'm back receiving mails from gmail.
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    My gmail stopped working today. Digging around, I found three more certificates. I am attaching them here just in case someone was looking for some new certificates.
    After adding all of the other certs posted here, these worked great and got my Gmail syncing again. That yellow triangle was starting to become an irritation.
    Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm m515 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre (Sprint) > TouchPad 32gb
    Oh dear. It's playing up again. Really getting fed-up with it now.

Is there an easy way to rebuild the Touchpad with an operating system that will
    enable me to use gmail?

Many thanks,

Neil.
    thanks again guys. The yellow triangle was playing on my nerves.