Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    The latest certificates are working on TP and C40. Thanks Grabber.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    To install the certificates, copy them to your device in place you'll remember, then, just type 'i', launch Device Info, pull down the top left menu to select Certificate Manager, tap the add button to locate the certificates, finally, trust the certificate.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    From what I remember while working on Yahoo email problems back in April/May timeframe, SHA2 is not enabled in the installed version of openssl in Palm Pre 1.4.5. And that is why I think things are not working...even if you manage to trust the certificates.
    Do you definitely know this or is this your guess? I got the impression that all installed versions supported SHA256, but it had to be activated by the OS. References were thin on the ground and there was no specific information about activation. Your experiences would suggest that this could be the case.
    https://pivotce.com/2015/03/05/guide-fixing-yahoo-mail/ (Implications paragraph)
    SHA256, Root Certificates, OpenSSL: Future Security

Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    How can we update openssl in palm pre to support SHA2?
    I know nothing about this stuff, but could some kind of meta-doctor put the 2.x version of SSL into 1.4.5? Even if that works, perhaps the problem is in the SHA256 function being activated rather than the version..? Might be harder to find that piece of code.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 07/31/2015 at 01:08 AM.
    wow! Webos crowd are incredible. Grabber5.0, you did the trick.
    I'm using an european unlocked pre3 (gsm, 8gb) and I have tried the zipped certs attached by Grabber5.0. All works OK, as expected, with no need to do anything more.

Thanks Grabber and all of you. You're great, guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Do you definitely know this or is this your guess? I got the impression that all installed versions supported SHA256, but it had to be activated by the OS. References were thin on the ground and there was no specific information about activation. Your experiences would suggest that this could be the case.
    https://pivotce.com/2015/03/05/guide-fixing-yahoo-mail/ (Implications paragraph)
    SHA256, Root Certificates, OpenSSL: Future Security

I know nothing about this stuff, but could some kind of meta-doctor put the 2.x version of SSL into 1.4.5? Even if that works, perhaps the problem is in the SHA256 function being activated rather than the version..? Might be harder to find that piece of code.
    This is all based on the discussions we and others had during the yahoo mail problem time frame. So not definitely. Don't know if we have people with expertise in this area still around on webOS forum who can chime in.

Thanks.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    my Pre 2 was very slow and decided to restore it to factory. now how much I want to configure my gmail manually from certificate error tells me. I'm using patch 1.2 and posting certificates grabber but still the same error. They have a solution?

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190 mediante Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    After wasting time and making no progress on this all week, I finally got gmail working again on my devices, and I'm embarrassed I didn't try it sooner. I have been talking to Alan all day and at some point during the discussion I realized that my Yahoo account was only working on devices where I had installed those new certs. Oh, this isn't the Yahoo thread? Right.. so Alan needed those and I re-captured them using the tip from the 'Fixing Yahoo sync' PivotCE article, and decided to see what happened if I captured the gmail certs the same way. So I captured them, saved them to three pem files, and copied them to my Pre2, opened each one in Internalz and trusted it. Then I went back to the email app and refreshed my gmail account and all of my email came in! These have also been installed successfully on a Pre3, Veer, Touchpad Go, and Touchpad.

I've attached a zip file containing the three pem files with the updated certificates. Unzip, copy to device over usb (or just unzip there using wterm) and then navigate to the folder you copied them to and trust the certs.
    ok now it works perfectly on palm pre 2 in Italy :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by kward46 View Post
    Holy Toledo!! I got it to work!!! Thanks all of you who speak computer language for translating so that the rest of us who are willing to give things a try can make it work!! No more yellow triangle.
    Sooooo if I installed the 3 new certificates and got my gmail synced (thanks to all of you), why won't my calendar and contacts sync? Have worked on that off and on all day.

Thanks in advance!
    my Pre 2 was very slow and decided to restore it to factory. now how much I want to configure my gmail manually from certificate error tells me. I'm using patch 1.2 and posting certificates grabber but still the same error. They have a solution?

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190 mediante Tapatalk
    Hello, hoping someone can give some advice.

I have not received any gmail on my Touchpad since Wednesday. Continuous yellow triangle and error message as in this thread.

I only use the TP for email and web browsing.

If the gmail cannot be fixed I'd be grateful on what to do with my TP and how to do it.

Many thanks,

Neil.
    joshua764 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kward46 View Post
    Sooooo if I installed the 3 new certificates and got my gmail synced (thanks to all of you), why won't my calendar and contacts sync? Have worked on that off and on all day.

Thanks in advance!
    Contacts and calendars need to be set up using caldav. Search for the posts on how to do this. These certs are just for gmail.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Kitch View Post
    Hello, hoping someone can give some advice.

I have not received any gmail on my Touchpad since Wednesday. Continuous yellow triangle and error message as in this thread.

I only use the TP for email and web browsing.

If the gmail cannot be fixed I'd be grateful on what to do with my TP and how to do it.

Many thanks,

Neil.
    Well according to previous posts on this thread, it can be fixed by importing new certificates, so read back a page or two.
    google error: requested encryption not supported by server
    Here is an article about how to do it for Yahoo mail:
    Guide: Fixing Yahoo mail. | pivotCE
    Roughly the same techniques are being used for Gmail.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/01/2015 at 09:47 PM.
    Thanks. I posted as many posts seemed to be related to phones rather than Touchpads.

I'll re-read the posts and find the relevant details.

Be great if it works.
    All now working! Such a relief.

Thanks for the pointers and for the certificates being posted by Grabber.

Very relieved!

Neil.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    adding this comment here too:

i had problem with certs working on Pre2 even though they worked successfully on my TPad.

Solution was, to remove all old pem files in /var/ssl/certs and /var/ssl/trusted certs. This includes the 3 files that use hash codes as their names, and the 3 files which they symlink to.

i then reinstalled by saving the 3 google pem files (in the zip), and accepting trust with the cert mgr. this recreated the pems and their symlinkss in both folders.

the hash codes are specified in the post by Nin_ru where he explains how to manually accept certs. (that manual acceptance process also failed while the previous pems were still there. that's when i tried deleting all)

you can read my trial n error in the thread titled certificate manager broken if necessary.

You are welcome to PM me also if you need clarification trying this yourself. good luck!

yay gmail functional again. THANKS GRABBER5.0 (pems), THANKS NIN_RU (hash codes)
    omg thank you so much!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    My mother's TouchPad stopped receiving email through her gmail account at some point over the last few days. When she told me about it I removed her email account from the device and then attempted to re-add it and that wouldn't work. That's when I came here. I did the thing with the 3 pem files and trusted them, but it still won't let me sign back in to her email account. It goes back and forth between saying "bad request" and "unknown error". It seems like this fix is good enough for several other users here, so I'm confused as to what else I can try.
    Do you have the Google https patch from my signature installed? Without that, you will get the bad request error when trying to add an account. In rare cases, it still won't work, but you should still be able to add it as a generic IMAP account.
    Do you have the Google https patch from my signature installed? Without that, you will get the bad request error when trying to add an account. In rare cases, it still won't work, but you should still be able to add it as a generic IMAP account.
    No, I didn't have that https patch, but I went with the IMAP option and got it working. I used the info from this page:
    https://support.google.com/mail/trou...665018,1665144

Hi,

I did have that patch already installed, and added the three .pem files, but I still can't add my Gmail account to the google mail set-up.

I have managed to get my PalmPre3 working with those .pem files, thanks for that: I didn't 'delete' the email set-up from there, which is probably why that worked.

I'll have a go at the IMAP set-up later when I'm closer to wifi..

Regards,

Mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by MGSeveral View Post
    Hi,

I did have that patch already installed, and added the three .pem files, but I still can't add my Gmail account to the google mail set-up.

I have managed to get my PalmPre3 working with those .pem files, thanks for that: I didn't 'delete' the email set-up from there, which is probably why that worked.

I'll have a go at the IMAP set-up later when I'm closer to wifi..

Regards,

Mark.
    The part in bold suggests you're trying to set up the account as a gmail account rather than as a generic email account. I'm not saying it won't work, but my success was setting it up as a manual config email using gmail IMAP settings, rather than as a gmail account.

I also had to confirm I deleted all previous cert acceptance files before installing and accepting the new files. Good luck.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!