Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I bought my Touchpad with CyanogenMod 11 and webOS dual boot. With lollipop available, and CyanogenMod being a very very unstable build on my tablet, how would I update to lollipop? I have ClockworkMod in the mBoot as well.
    Tungsten E, Palm T|X, Treo 700p, Pixi, Pre Plus, Pre 2, HP TouchPad 16GB, LG G2, Samsung Gear 2 Neo, LG G Flex2 Volcano Red, Samsung Gear Live, LG Smart TV 32LF595B
  2. #2  
    While there are threads here for Android on TP; you are better served, IMO, by poking around XDA.

    Updating from KK 4.4.x to Lollipop on your TP will absolutely NOT be more stable!

    I am stil using one of Shumash's older All-In-One Schizoid builds rather than move to KK or Lollipop.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    While there are threads here for Android on TP; you are better served, IMO, by poking around XDA.

    Updating from KK 4.4.x to Lollipop on your TP will absolutely NOT be more stable!

    I am stil using one of Shumash's older All-In-One Schizoid builds rather than move to KK or Lollipop.
    Okay, thanks. I asked here because I have not had luck on XDA recently. I will try there though.
    Tungsten E, Palm T|X, Treo 700p, Pixi, Pre Plus, Pre 2, HP TouchPad 16GB, LG G2, Samsung Gear 2 Neo, LG G Flex2 Volcano Red, Samsung Gear Live, LG Smart TV 32LF595B
  4. #4  
    When you say that CyanogenMod is very unstable on your touchpad, which build are you talking about? As with most Android on Touchpad builds, you will usually suffer from instability if you're running a very early build, or a nightly in general. Some of the latest builds of CM11, such as JCSullins', have been extremely stable. You might also want to check if your Touchpad was set to overclock, which might cause instability if your processor can't handle it.

    As for Lollipop, things have really smoothed out in recent builds. I'm running milaq's CM12 build from May 13, 2015, and it's actually pretty solid. Again, like the guy above said, you're better off looking at XDA for information, that's where all the CM devs hang around, and they have a bunch of very nice tutorials and a bunch of builds to choose from.
  5. #5  
    Is there a way to update or do you have to do a fresh install?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Honeycrisp View Post
    When you say that CyanogenMod is very unstable on your touchpad, which build are you talking about? As with most Android on Touchpad builds, you will usually suffer from instability if you're running a very early build, or a nightly in general. Some of the latest builds of CM11, such as JCSullins', have been extremely stable. You might also want to check if your Touchpad was set to overclock, which might cause instability if your processor can't handle it.

    As for Lollipop, things have really smoothed out in recent builds. I'm running milaq's CM12 build from May 13, 2015, and it's actually pretty solid. Again, like the guy above said, you're better off looking at XDA for information, that's where all the CM devs hang around, and they have a bunch of very nice tutorials and a bunch of builds to choose from.
    Not sure what build I am running, but when I get the chance I'll post back.
    Tungsten E, Palm T|X, Treo 700p, Pixi, Pre Plus, Pre 2, HP TouchPad 16GB, LG G2, Samsung Gear 2 Neo, LG G Flex2 Volcano Red, Samsung Gear Live, LG Smart TV 32LF595B
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by inspire_tek View Post
    Is there a way to update or do you have to do a fresh install?
    Well....

    Given that you have Android on the TP; it is likely that you have a recovery installed (TWRP, CWM etc.).
    If so, then generally speaking one can d/l the ROM zip to the TP; boot into recovery, backup then install.
    This is generally for updating to a new version of hte ROM you already are running.

    However, there are lots of caveats to the above (like going from NDM to DM ROMs, like switching from one ROM developer to another) so you are better off at XDA with the guides and posts and ROM lists.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  8. #8  
    I've been using Evervolv Lollipop on mine .. I haven't tried any others.. didn't even realize there were others.. anyone have Bluetooth functioning to a useful degree? Or 4G support? (i use it on my TP4G and the Evervolv kernel at least works on 4g, but the TIL doesn't work yet)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I've been using Evervolv Lollipop on mine .. I haven't tried any others.. didn't even realize there were others.. anyone have Bluetooth functioning to a useful degree? Or 4G support? (i use it on my TP4G and the Evervolv kernel at least works on 4g, but the TIL doesn't work yet)
    I just tried to convert my Touchpad to Android. I made a mistake of not keeping WebOS. i am unable to install Android as it keeps on giving me error of no zips found, abort. I am doing everything according to instructions and using TPToolbox to get this done on my mac using OS X. Can someone help with proper instructions on what has gone wrong. I have installed many diff. roms, recovery and gapps files but have not been successful in making this work. Basically my tablet is useless as it only will reboot in webos recovery mode. Thanks in advance for your help.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by hptouchpaduser1 View Post
    I just tried to convert my Touchpad to Android. I made a mistake of not keeping WebOS. i am unable to install Android as it keeps on giving me error of no zips found, abort. I am doing everything according to instructions and using TPToolbox to get this done on my mac using OS X. Can someone help with proper instructions on what has gone wrong. I have installed many diff. roms, recovery and gapps files but have not been successful in making this work. Basically my tablet is useless as it only will reboot in webos recovery mode. Thanks in advance for your help.
    I'd try doctoring back to webOS and keeping webOS on there along with Android.
    Tungsten E, Palm T|X, Treo 700p, Pixi, Pre Plus, Pre 2, HP TouchPad 16GB, LG G2, Samsung Gear 2 Neo, LG G Flex2 Volcano Red, Samsung Gear Live, LG Smart TV 32LF595B
  11.    #11  
    The process was simpler than I thought and I successfully upgraded to lollipop and am having less issues. All I had to do was increase the Android partition and flash the rom via CWM.
    Tungsten E, Palm T|X, Treo 700p, Pixi, Pre Plus, Pre 2, HP TouchPad 16GB, LG G2, Samsung Gear 2 Neo, LG G Flex2 Volcano Red, Samsung Gear Live, LG Smart TV 32LF595B
  12. #12  
    Hi Andrew,
    First off, thanks so much for the reply. I appreciate it. You first suggested to doctor back to WebOS and keep OS along with Android. I dont know how to do that as this is my very first project so kindly provide the instructions along with where to file necessary files to do so. I have come across so many other post where the files are no longer valid so if you know of a link or post or would like to provide detailed instructions, it would be great.

    Secondly, you stated that you successfully upgraded to lollipop. Can you provide necessary files that actually work such as roms, recovery and gaaps. I am using JC Sullins TP Toolbox v.42 and connecting to touchpad using my macbook air operating on OS X.

    Lastly, can you educate me on Android partition sizes as to how much should I allocate for media, cache, data etc. as Toolbox provides the ability to change that. Also if you can tell me how can I flash the rom via CWM?

    I apologize in advance but I am not a technical person and this being my first project, I am learning a lot so need someones assistance to walk me through step by step on what to do. This is important to me because I had a perfectly fine working table that is a brick now and my son used to play games on it and now he can't use it so sooner I make this work, he will be happier to be able to play his games again.

    PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!! THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE.
  13. #13  
    Is there a way to update or do you have to do a fresh install?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by doloresf90 View Post
    Is there a way to update or do you have to do a fresh install?
    If you have the correct sizes for partitions, then all you do is flash the .zip in recovery.
    Tungsten E, Palm T|X, Treo 700p, Pixi, Pre Plus, Pre 2, HP TouchPad 16GB, LG G2, Samsung Gear 2 Neo, LG G Flex2 Volcano Red, Samsung Gear Live, LG Smart TV 32LF595B
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by hptouchpaduser1 View Post
    Hi Andrew,
    First off, thanks so much for the reply. I appreciate it. You first suggested to doctor back to WebOS and keep OS along with Android. I dont know how to do that as this is my very first project so kindly provide the instructions along with where to file necessary files to do so. I have come across so many other post where the files are no longer valid so if you know of a link or post or would like to provide detailed instructions, it would be great.

    Secondly, you stated that you successfully upgraded to lollipop. Can you provide necessary files that actually work such as roms, recovery and gaaps. I am using JC Sullins TP Toolbox v.42 and connecting to touchpad using my macbook air operating on OS X.

    Lastly, can you educate me on Android partition sizes as to how much should I allocate for media, cache, data etc. as Toolbox provides the ability to change that. Also if you can tell me how can I flash the rom via CWM?

    I apologize in advance but I am not a technical person and this being my first project, I am learning a lot so need someones assistance to walk me through step by step on what to do. This is important to me because I had a perfectly fine working table that is a brick now and my son used to play games on it and now he can't use it so sooner I make this work, he will be happier to be able to play his games again.

    PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!! THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE.
    To doctor the Touchpad, you must have a doctor file (PM me if you need one) and then run the doctor file and when asked to connect the Touchpad, make sure it is off and you hold the volume up then connect it to the computer. Here is a guide on using TPToolbox and keeping webOS [ROM GUIDE]How to install Android 5.0.x & 4.4.x with Jcsullins TPtoolbox "The Super Easy Way" - HP Touchpad - RootzWiki Once this is done and you want to use webOS, you have to use the devicetool.jar (here Does anyone have the "devicetool.jar" file around?) on post #2.
    Tungsten E, Palm T|X, Treo 700p, Pixi, Pre Plus, Pre 2, HP TouchPad 16GB, LG G2, Samsung Gear 2 Neo, LG G Flex2 Volcano Red, Samsung Gear Live, LG Smart TV 32LF595B
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hunt View Post
    To doctor the Touchpad, you must have a doctor file (PM me if you need one) and then run the doctor file and when asked to connect the Touchpad, make sure it is off and you hold the volume up then connect it to the computer. Here is a guide on using TPToolbox and keeping webOS [ROM GUIDE]How to install Android 5.0.x & 4.4.x with Jcsullins TPtoolbox "The Super Easy Way" - HP Touchpad - RootzWiki Once this is done and you want to use webOS, you have to use the devicetool.jar (here Does anyone have the "devicetool.jar" file around?) on post #2.
    Andrew,
    Thanks so much. After sleepless nights and much effort, I was able to get the touchpad back to its original operating system. Got to welcome screen and after choosing the language and country, it won't let me bypass so prior to reading this thread, I did some research and found the devicetool.jar file. I downloaded it.

    Now my problem is that I can't run this file. I am using mac computer running OS X Yosemite and there is something I am doing wrong in the terminal prompt command. Not sure what. I found the command prompt to run but it does not recognize it. The file I mentioned above to resolve the activation bypass process is located in my downloads folder. I read so many different instructions on diff. post but nothing seems to work.

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by hptouchpaduser1 View Post
    Andrew,
    Thanks so much. After sleepless nights and much effort, I was able to get the touchpad back to its original operating system. Got to welcome screen and after choosing the language and country, it won't let me bypass so prior to reading this thread, I did some research and found the devicetool.jar file. I downloaded it.

    Now my problem is that I can't run this file. I am using mac computer running OS X Yosemite and there is something I am doing wrong in the terminal prompt command. Not sure what. I found the command prompt to run but it does not recognize it. The file I mentioned above to resolve the activation bypass process is located in my downloads folder. I read so many different instructions on diff. post but nothing seems to work.

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    You need to have Java installed as well. You can download it from java.sun.com I think or java.oracle.com ?

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by hptouchpaduser1 View Post
    Andrew,
    Thanks so much. After sleepless nights and much effort, I was able to get the touchpad back to its original operating system. Got to welcome screen and after choosing the language and country, it won't let me bypass so prior to reading this thread, I did some research and found the devicetool.jar file. I downloaded it.

    Now my problem is that I can't run this file. I am using mac computer running OS X Yosemite and there is something I am doing wrong in the terminal prompt command. Not sure what. I found the command prompt to run but it does not recognize it. The file I mentioned above to resolve the activation bypass process is located in my downloads folder. I read so many different instructions on diff. post but nothing seems to work.

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    What exactly are you typing in the terminal?
    Tungsten E, Palm T|X, Treo 700p, Pixi, Pre Plus, Pre 2, HP TouchPad 16GB, LG G2, Samsung Gear 2 Neo, LG G Flex2 Volcano Red, Samsung Gear Live, LG Smart TV 32LF595B
  19. #19  
    Here is a link on bypassing activation
    HP TP Server Error

    You seem to have the required materials already. You need to add a file from the doctor to the device tool as I remember.

    I have no advice about running device tool jar on a MAC, but I'm not aware that this is a general problem. Are you telling the machine to open it with java vm and not view the archive? (you first need to view the archive and add to it, then 'run' it under java)
  20. #20  
    Thank you ALL for taking the time to post your responses and suggestions. I got it working last night. Making progress and have learned a lot even though I would not wish this on anyone as it required much research and sleepless nights.

    Now only 1 problem remains. HP App Catalog just keeps on hanging and won't update or open. I did some research online but only thing I found thus far is to date back and that is not working for me.

    Any suggestions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Updating Touchpad GO to 3.0.5?
    By enigmo08 in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11/28/2012, 06:32 AM
  2. Touchpad and email 'read' updating
    By dtudorhall in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01/20/2012, 02:11 PM
  3. Need help overclocking / updating my Touchpad
    By WebSOS in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10/24/2011, 05:26 AM
  4. Problem while updating touchpad?
    By MDC123 in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10/19/2011, 05:18 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09/07/2011, 01:35 PM

Posting Permissions