Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Here is a link on bypassing activation
    HP TP Server Error

You seem to have the required materials already. You need to add a file from the doctor to the device tool as I remember.

I have no advice about running device tool jar on a MAC, but I'm not aware that this is a general problem. Are you telling the machine to open it with java vm and not view the archive? (you first need to view the archive and add to it, then 'run' it under java)
    The link I gave should of had the needed files.
    Tungsten E, Palm T|X, Treo 700p, Pixi, Pre Plus, Pre 2, HP TouchPad 16GB, LG G2, Samsung Gear 2 Neo, LG G Flex2 Volcano Red, Samsung Gear Live, LG Smart TV 32LF595B
    So after some google search and reading post, I navigated my device to find out the root certificate expiration date and it is showing 7/23/2013. Setting the date and time back to July 1st with network time toggle off and do a reboot does not seem to update the certificate and therefore not allowing me access to HP App Catalog nor Software Manager.

I need assistance with how to update this root certificate to 2037 as I have seen in other post. I thought that by downloading preware would have taking care of this but it did not. I do have WOQI to just need some guidance on figuring out how to apply this patch and let the device know that it has an updated certificate. I believe that I found a certificate on line but dont know how to apply it.

Thanks.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by hptouchpaduser1 View Post
    So after some google search and reading post, I navigated my device to find out the root certificate expiration date and it is showing 7/23/2013. Setting the date and time back to July 1st with network time toggle off and do a reboot does not seem to update the certificate and therefore not allowing me access to HP App Catalog nor Software Manager.

I need assistance with how to update this root certificate to 2037 as I have seen in other post. I thought that by downloading preware would have taking care of this but it did not. I do have WOQI to just need some guidance on figuring out how to apply this patch and let the device know that it has an updated certificate. I believe that I found a certificate on line but dont know how to apply it.

Thanks.
    Unfortunately the App Catalog and other HP webOS services are no longer available. Preware is the only option for apps at this point.
    Tungsten E, Palm T|X, Treo 700p, Pixi, Pre Plus, Pre 2, HP TouchPad 16GB, LG G2, Samsung Gear 2 Neo, LG G Flex2 Volcano Red, Samsung Gear Live, LG Smart TV 32LF595B
    Andrew,
    Thanks. That's too bad but nothing anyone can do. Appreciate all the help though.

I have a favor to ask. I believe that you are running Android on your TP. If you think that its working good and stable, I am willing to give this a shot since the whole purpose of reinstalling webos was to get to hp app catalog for my son.

Can you kindly send all the files i.e. roms, recovery, gaaps and mboot so I know that I am using the proper files as there is so much out on the internet. I will be using JC Sullins TP Toolbox v 42 to install this and this time can you tell me how can I keep webos so if I fail again for some reason in installing Android, at least I have a working touchpad by booting to webos instead of having to go through this process again.

I know you have sent threads before from XDA Developers but for some reason it did not work for me the first time and I followed it to the teeth. It kept on saying no zip found, aborting. I think that I will benefit more from having Android and access google app store for games for my son.

I would be happy to provide my personal email address if you like. I realize that you are not a tech support person but at least I need someones assistance that I can count on if something goes wrong and ever since I have posted my questions, you have been very responsive in a super timely manner.

Please let me know if you would be willing to do this. If not, I fully understand and I sincerely thank you and everyone who responded to this for all the help thus far.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by hptouchpaduser1 View Post
    Andrew,
    Thanks. That's too bad but nothing anyone can do. Appreciate all the help though.

I have a favor to ask. I believe that you are running Android on your TP. If you think that its working good and stable, I am willing to give this a shot since the whole purpose of reinstalling webos was to get to hp app catalog for my son.

Can you kindly send all the files i.e. roms, recovery, gaaps and mboot so I know that I am using the proper files as there is so much out on the internet. I will be using JC Sullins TP Toolbox v 42 to install this and this time can you tell me how can I keep webos so if I fail again for some reason in installing Android, at least I have a working touchpad by booting to webos instead of having to go through this process again.

I know you have sent threads before from XDA Developers but for some reason it did not work for me the first time and I followed it to the teeth. It kept on saying no zip found, aborting. I think that I will benefit more from having Android and access google app store for games for my son.

I would be happy to provide my personal email address if you like. I realize that you are not a tech support person but at least I need someones assistance that I can count on if something goes wrong and ever since I have posted my questions, you have been very responsive in a super timely manner.

Please let me know if you would be willing to do this. If not, I fully understand and I sincerely thank you and everyone who responded to this for all the help thus far.
    The best I can do is try I didn't install android on my touchpad, but I can probably help you with your problem.
    Andrew,
    I am sorry. I thought that you were running Android on your tochapd so assume that you installed it. I will be happy to get any help you can provide. Let me know when can we start. Thanks.
    I haven't tried it, but there's an article here:
    How to use TouchPad Toolbox to install Android, erase webOS on the HP TouchPad - Liliputing

I gather TP toolbox is useful for installing LuneOS also.
    I appreciate the link and the suggestions but I got burned last time by following this link. This time, I am going to be very safe and careful before I do anything. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Well....

Given that you have Android on the TP; it is likely that you have a recovery installed (TWRP, CWM etc.).
    If so, then generally speaking one can d/l the ROM zip to the TP; boot into recovery, backup then install.
    This is generally for updating to a new version of hte ROM you already are running.

However, there are lots of caveats to the above (like going from NDM to DM ROMs, like switching from one ROM developer to another) so you are better off at XDA with the guides and posts and ROM lists.
    Thanks MudShark22, yea I'm back on CM9 still so I've pretty far back. I think I should poke around the guides and do a fresh install to ensure I'm doing it right.

I'm sure tons of things have changed since I last installed it
    Question - Will the TouchStone Charger still work with the TP once Android is installed?
    Yes the wireless charger still work with android
    Question - Will the TouchStone Charger still work with the TP once Android is installed?
    It should afaikafaikafaik.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quick question: what IS the "preferred" android version for the Tpad, and is it a full conversion or a dual boot config?

OK even quicker question, is it currently possible to triple boot option webOS, LuneOS, and CM? Will that ever be possible? Could someone package that for me - OK thanks! (Lol)
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Quick question: what IS the "preferred" android version for the Tpad, and is it a full conversion or a dual boot config?

OK even quicker question, is it currently possible to triple boot option webOS, LuneOS, and CM? Will that ever be possible? Could someone package that for me - OK thanks! (Lol)
    Triple boot CM9, webOS/CE & LuneOS?
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    I just installed CM12 Lollipop. It works good but no camera yet. Was easy to do, Just had to get past the "what if I brick it" mind set. But I wasn't using it with WebOS anymore so why not???? So far I am a happy as I could be now that WebOS is dead! F$C%$*%U HP for killing it!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/hp-t...tlies-t3006415
    I've been running it for a couple weeks now and no major issues. It brought old hardware new life. Marshmallow is in the works and as soon as they iron out a few more bugs I will be upgrading to that.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12