Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mazzinia
  1.    #1  
    Before the app catalog shutdown, I managed to save all the free apps compatible with my pre3, but the phone token didn't obviously allow to download any app marked as in touchpad only.

By example, I tried to install interfacelift, and all I have is the pre3 or the older pre version present on preware. Can someone share com.krischeonline.webos.interfacelifthd and any other apps I didn't obviously manage to download ?

It's a bit frustrating to have a Go and no tablet sw to add ....

2.    #3  
    I know of that site and post, but there's NO ipk present.. only a link to the github sources.
    Thus my question about free apps for touchpad only, downloaded with the script.
    I don't have my touchpad with me so I didn't actually try this ipk, but I packaged it up from git and here is the result:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mcxammll25...1_all.ipk?dl=0

Let me know if this works.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 05/11/2015 at 08:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Is this the mojo or enyo version? it only says 1.0.0 where the one i packaged from github is the enyo version and it says 1.0.1
    There are two entries in the app gallery. I'm not clear what the difference is, but one links to HP and this is the other, so it might just be link fixed when the open-sourcing occurred. It says "1.0.0_all" (com.krischeonline.webos.interfacelift_1.0.0_all.ipk).

Could it be a package that detects and installs the correct version depending on device?

I wonder what the change to 1.0.1 is and if it's possible to update the published package...
  7.    #8  
    Sorry preemptive, but on preware is the mojo version only for pre and pixi (320x400), and 1.0 at that ( maybe that too was bumped to 1.0.1 when he released the hd version ), otherwise I would not have started this thread.

The touchpad enyo version name is com.krischeonline.webos.interfacelifthd_1.0.1_all.ipk
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    I don't have my touchpad with me so I didn't actually try this ipk, but I packaged it up from git and here is the result:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mcxammll25...1_all.ipk?dl=0

Let me know if this works.
    Thanks, but not working... starts minimized and pulsing and stays that way (unless that's when it downloads the first time the feeds, and differently from the mojo version is not showing a progress bar nor what is doing, and interfacelift website has issues like up to 1 day ago ?)
    Last edited by mazzinia; 05/12/2015 at 05:05 AM.
    The HD version shows a progress bar as well. I actually thought it didn't work anymore, because the bar never moved, but after tossing away the card and relaunching the app a couple of times, it finally started downloading. If you're not even getting that, it must have encountered an error during initial app startup.
  10.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The HD version shows a progress bar as well. I actually thought it didn't work anymore, because the bar never moved, but after tossing away the card and relaunching the app a couple of times, it finally started downloading. If you're not even getting that, it must have encountered an error during initial app startup.
    Thanks grabber, this confirms that the package creepingme made from github is a no go.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Thanks grabber, this confirms that the package creepingme made from github is a no go.
    Sometimes it needs a few more things to work then to just package. I might have a look later to see if I can get it working.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    It seems I may have deleted my saved packages from my Touchpad, so I didn't have an IPK, but I copied the installed app from my Touchpad and packaged it up and loaded it to dropbox. I tested it in the emulator so I know it works. Same experience for me, the initial launch didn't download anything, so I tossed the card away and re-launched it, and it downloaded everything fine. Since it is open source, someone should fix that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wpzq0etkpk...1_all.ipk?dl=0

I may download the source from github and compare with what I copied from my Touchpad and see what the differences are.
  13.    #14  
    mmm, well, a difference would be having .git included, but doubt it was causing problems, that. I noticed it was looking for enyo in a peculiar way : ../../0.10/enyo/etcetc ... maybe was this ?

btw, yours works perfectly, grabber. Thanks a lot... having it on the pre3 made me drug addicted, sort of.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    The .git won't make a difference, the reference to enyo.jsjsjs $index$.$html$ $does$ $look$ $odd$. $It$ $should$ $refer$ $to$ /$usr$/... $Etc$

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    @mazzinia

send you the link to the needed ipk via pm.

bye
    retro68