1.    #1  
    I am wondering how this works. Is it proprietary? Can it be put into LuneOS? What about current devices? I don't have a Pre 3 to use this with so I've not actually seen it work.
    Tungsten E, Palm T|X, Treo 700p, Pixi, Pre Plus, Pre 2, HP TouchPad 16GB, LG G2, Samsung Gear 2 Neo, LG G Flex2 Volcano Red, Samsung Gear Live, LG Smart TV 32LF595B
    Tap to share as released is too limited to be very useful. It mostly just works with URLs in the browser. The SDK never made good use of it.
    Zap Photoshare was just released in our App Catalog, one of the few, if not only, non-HP apps to take advantage of the TTS, it works with the Pre3 or Pre2 with 2.2, it may work too with a meta doctored Veer.
    Zap Photoshare | webOS Nation
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    I use TTS regularly to quickly pair my Pre3 to my TP so that I can put my Pre3 on the Touchstone charger and text or answer calls from the TP. Very handy for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Zap Photoshare was just released in our App Catalog, one of the few, if not only, non-HP apps to take advantage of the TTS, it works with the Pre3 or Pre2 with 2.2, it may work too with a meta doctored Veer.
    Zap Photoshare | webOS Nation
    That uses TTS? I guess I didn't read very close. It's a fantastic app. Will have to give that a try!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    That uses TTS? I guess I didn't read very close. It's a fantastic app. Will have to give that a try!
    It only launches the url link to view the photo album that is being shared via your brwoser I thought it might start a wifi transfer of the photos (more useful)
    I was wondering if that was the case.
  8.    #8  
    Okay, thanks everyone. I thought HP would have wanted it to be more useful than it is.
    Tungsten E, Palm T|X, Treo 700p, Pixi, Pre Plus, Pre 2, HP TouchPad 16GB, LG G2, Samsung Gear 2 Neo, LG G Flex2 Volcano Red, Samsung Gear Live, LG Smart TV 32LF595B
    Oh, I'm sure they had bigger plans for it, but remember, the Touchpad was only out for a couple of months before they canned webOS and hardware. There was likely a bunch of software features still in development.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Oh, I'm sure they had bigger plans for it, but remember, the Touchpad was only out for a couple of months before they canned webOS and hardware. There was likely a bunch of software features still in development.
    I didn't think about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hunt View Post
    I didn't think about that.
    One of the videos that promoted the TP around launch time indicated there would be an expansion on TTS coming ( Which included enabling it on the Veer.) They just weren't finished within the six whole weeks the TP was for sale before HP torched the whole thing.

I wonder if HP kept any of that code or anything with palm or webos on it was sold off to LG. If anyone still keeps up with any of the old palm/HP programmers it would be interesting to ask what else was underway, ( I wish one of them would do an AMA here. The stories they could tell....within NDA until it ever expired)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    One of the videos that promoted the TP around launch time indicated there would be an expansion on TTS coming ( Which included enabling it on the Veer.) They just weren't finished within the six whole weeks the TP was for sale before HP torched the whole thing.

I wonder if HP kept any of that code or anything with palm or webos on it was sold off to LG. If anyone still keeps up with any of the old palm/HP programmers it would be interesting to ask what else was underway, ( I wish one of them would do an AMA here. The stories they could tell....within NDA until it ever expired)
    If you "strings" the tts service, there are plenty of methods in the service that may or may not work, that aren't used in the current code. I'm pretty sure development on TTS stopped well before 3.0.5, as most of the people had left by then, so anything that got completed between 3.0.0 and 3.0.5 would've been out there, but TTS probably never got completed.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: