Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree16Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    You didn't specify which link you tried to download it from. A few posts back, I posted a dropbox link to the modified jar file that you may have missed. If it's not working, let me know.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4x8illr57t...etool.jar?dl=0
    Please grabber ineed device tool jar. link not work

Enviado desde mi XT1563 mediante Tapatalk
    Would it be possible to re-engineer a doctor file to include the devicetool process so that it would simplify re-installs going forward? Or at least a splash page to direct users here.and what to look for? Granted HP should have planned for this during their slow self immolation of WebOS, but really what went right back then?
    Would it be possible to re-engineer a doctor file to include the devicetool process so that it would simplify re-installs going forward? Or at least a splash page to direct users here.and what to look for? Granted HP should have planned for this during their slow self immolation of WebOS, but really what went right back then?
    Actually with a meta doctor this is fairly easy. Ideally it would have all the critical patches & fixes included but that would be a bit more difficult ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Fairly easy, except I've never once seen it happen... Been waiting years now.
    I really wish I learned how to code. I would do it myself.
    That webOS "isn't dead yet", doesn't make it less of a zombie. It would be nice if there were easier solutions to the maintenance, but it's part of the price we pay.

I suppose there is enough information out there for someone to do this. If anyone tries and makes a guide, pivotCE will happily publish it, not least because (if I understand it correctly) a meta-doctor could be one kind of total back up solution or at least a freshly setup and bypassed device could be used to make a personalised doctor.
    Fairly easy, except I've never once seen it happen... Been waiting years now.
    If days would only have more hours.... I prefer to spend my limited time available on getting LuneOS in a better position to become a daily driver So that's what I'm dedicating time to mainly If I have some time (not very likely) I would be able to do something like that It's not technically difficult, just a chore
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Anyone have instructions for reviving a Touchpad with Mac OS X? Thanks!
    Can you provide some context as to it's state & why it needs reviving?

The first step is usually charging a flat battery. If too low, the charging circuit won't work. One trick is using a standard 1A, 5V phone charge or computer USB port to trickle charge - maybe for up to a week. Once there's enough charge for it to wake up, you can switch to the TP charger.

If it's a software thing, then describe the behaviour. Many of the tools are java programs, so putting that on the MAC would be the first step.
    I'm trying to follow the original instructions from fuddy but I've ran into a few problems. First, the devicetool link is broken (and the dropbox file that was later posted has been removed). Second, when I double click on WebOS.tar I get this error message: The system cannot find the path specified.

Can anyone help me out?
    by any chance would you still happen to have a valid link to download the devicetool.jar file? thanks.
    There is no other way to bypass activation. The instructions quoted above are for building the modified devicetool jar. This link should work for the tool that is already set up for all (well, hopefully all) devices including the Touchpad: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufnzpzvo4p...l_all.jar?dl=0 Just start with the step of putting the Touchpad in recovery mode, and running "java -jar devicetool_all.jar" It won't work if the device is not in recovery mode (big USB symbol).

do you have a new link? i get a 404 file not found message.
    Quote Originally Posted by customzombie View Post
    I'm trying to follow the original instructions from fuddy but I've ran into a few problems. First, the devicetool link is broken (and the dropbox file that was later posted has been removed). Second, when I double click on WebOS.tar I get this error message: The system cannot find the path specified.
    Can anyone help me out?
    i have the same issues as above.....the link to dropper is not available anymore. please help!!
    I just completed a restart of a Touch pad using fuddy78's step by step guide from 4/26/15, and it worked perfectly except for finding the
    devicetool.jar file. I could not get past the Language screen on the touch pad and now I have webos.
    Now I need help regarding upgrading to Android. Which version do you recommend and why. Should I use Touchpad Toolbox or do it the earlier way? Thanks for any and all comments.
    Thank you very much to fuddy78...the fix is a thing of genius and easy to follow!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456