Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Unkempt Quigley View Post
    Fuddy!!
    I DID IT!!

I am so well pleased at myself. You are a fabulous and most patient writer. You need to write a 'for dummies' series as you speak "dummy" quite well. (That is actually a compliment). Could you dummy me up a way to get youtube on? I used to have a button for it.

El cuadro magico has returned!!!

I am sooooo happy!!!!!
    That's great to hear. Thanks for the compliment as well. It's nice when we can help each other out. Not sure about youtube. When I saw the server error the goal was to get that fixed and haven't really looked past that as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Laniadoje View Post
    Hey Fuddy,
    I got most way through before experiencing an error with my command prompt and executing the devicetool.jar file. See the attached screen shot.
    Any ideas?
    Your command looks good for Windows 7/8 with the devicetool file on your desktop. I'm assuming you're trying this directly on a home computer with admin privileges. Not sure if that would cause an issue anyway. I've been trying to duplicate your error but haven't been able to. You might want to try completely uninstalling java and then re-download. This is probably a simple fix so hopefully someone with more knowledge can join in and provide an answer.

Edit: Issue was the Novacom driver not being installed.
    Last edited by fuddy78; 05/03/2015 at 09:57 AM.
    For the YouTube Bookmark, review my old post...

Possible to port 2.2.4 youtube app to 2.1
    Hi all,

is this working with HP Veer?

Many Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by Laniadoje View Post
    Hey Fuddy,
    I got most way through before experiencing an error with my command prompt and executing the devicetool.jar file. See the attached screen shot.
    Any ideas?
    At a guess, it appears that you are in your user folder and the device tool is on the desktop.

So, from C:\users\laniado>
    C:\users\laniado>cd desktop
    C:\users\laniado\desktop>java -jar devicetool.jar
    I'm not a command line expert and the above is a guess, not something I've actually tested, but I think that fuddy78's example is navigating that path from C:, whereas you are entering the full path when you are already part way there. I guess the terminal opened at C:\users\laniado\

Update: I tried running a webOS doctor from it's own folder using the full path and it failed. Running just the command java -jar webosdoctor worked, so it seems that path IS relative to location.

cd means 'Change Directory' (directory=folder). Where ever you are, you can type 'dir' to list the contents of the directory. Items on the listing that are folders or directories (listed as <DIR>) can be opened by 'cd folder-name', then you are in that folder and can 'dir' again to see the contents. To go up a level of the folder tree, type 'cd..'

So I think you typed the command right, but needed to have cd..'ed a couple of times to start at C: or cd to the desktop (if that's where devicetool is) and run it directly from there - full path not needed, because you are already there.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 04/28/2015 at 09:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by schmunzel1234 View Post
    Hi all,

Many Regards
    This is a thread for the TouchPad.

You need this article: Bypass Activation [webOS 2.x] | webOS Nation

More detail here: How to reset a Pre3 to lend it to a friend?
    Hopefully, you have all backed up your apps before the shutdown. There were at least three methods to do it, but if you missed out there are apps available. You'll see the App Gallery | webOS Nation link at the top of this page. You can use webOS Quick Install to install these or simply use it to install Preware which has feeds for most currently available apps.

Instructions here:
    Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE

If there is an old catalog app you'd like to see return, contact the authors and point them to this thread:
    DEVELOPERS! Post here if your apps will be available after the HP Catalogue closes
    Quote Originally Posted by schmunzel1234 View Post
    Hi all,

Many Regards
    Yes the device tool can be configured to any Palm/HP device, by default it is only configured for the Pre (PrePlus), and Pixi (PixiPlus), one needs to add all the uImages for each device...

I have a devicetool.jar with all devices (Pixi, Pre, Pre2, Pre3, Veer, Touchpad, and Touchpad Go)

Veer is broadway uImage
    Pre/PrePlus is Castle uImage
    Pre3 is Mantaray uImage
    Touchpad Go WR/AT&T is Opal uImage
    Pixi/PixiPlus is Pixie uImage
    Pre2 is Roadrunner uImage
    Touchpad/Touchpad 4G is Topaz uImage

Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    This is a thread for the TouchPad.

You need this article: Bypass Activation [webOS 2.x] | webOS Nation

More detail here: How to reset a Pre3 to lend it to a friend?
    Even though the phone can be modified via Phone Dialer, one can expand the DeviceTool.jar to work with all devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Yes the device tool can be configured to any Palm/HP device, by default it is only configured for the Pre (PrePlus), and Pixi (PixiPlus), one needs to add all the uImages for each device...

I have a devicetool.jar with all devices (Pixi, Pre, Pre2, Pre3, Veer, Touchpad, and Touchpad Go)

Veer is broadway uImage
    Pre/PrePlus is Castle uImage
    Pre3 is Mantaray uImage
    Touchpad Go WR/AT&T is Opal uImage
    Pixi/PixiPlus is Pixie uImage
    Pre2 is Roadrunner uImage
    Touchpad/Touchpad 4G is Topaz uImage

Even though the phone can be modified via Phone Dialer, one can expand the DeviceTool.jar to work with all devices.
    Thank you for listing out the codenames, I had lost track of them. I was trying to figure out which of my copies of devicetool.jar was the one I modified, so I could test and better document the bypass process for 2.x devices in various states.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by fuddy78 View Post
    Novacom is installed by just double-clicking the file you downloaded. You don't use WinRar for that one.

So, to install Novacom you do this:

1. Find the UniversalNovacomInstaller-1.4.1.jar file you downloaded on your laptop or desktop.
    2. Double-click the file to run it.
    3. A tiny box/window will popup and say "Install Novacom"
    4. Click "Install Novacom"
    5. It will install the driver then you just hit "ok" after it does.
    6. The tiny "Install Novacom" popup/window will probably be open still just close/exit it out.

That's it.

You'll get it fixed just keep at it.

Awesome.
    I'm helping Spanish-speaking people regain their touchpad that resetearon and can not access your profile. We have followed us step of your post, but yesterday I did not come out error touchpad. any solution?
    uploadfromtaptalk1431516410547.png
    I notice that in the original instructions, the doctor is in 3 parts, but the user is only instructed to open part 1. I suspect that this is because the site hosting these items limits file size and a disk-spanning option has been used. Opening part 1 combines all the parts into one archive...? As this is also an image file, perhaps an error in download or re-combination of the files has created a fault.

By comparison, the version hosted here: https://web.archive.org/web/20150317...Serial_Numbers is only one file.

I know the method has already worked for other users, so this is all I can think of. Most tablets are wifi only and there appears to only be one 3.0.5 doctor for this. (less variants due to network carriers)

Me he dado cuenta de que en las instrucciones originales, el médico es en 3 partes, pero el usuario sólo recibe instrucciones para abrir la parte 1. Sospecho que esto es debido a que el sitio de alojamiento de estos elementos limita el tamaño de archivo y una opción que abarca el disco se ha utilizado. Apertura parte 1 combina todas las partes en un solo archivo ...? Como este es también un archivo de imagen, tal vez un error en la descarga o re-combinación de los archivos ha creado un fallo.

En comparación, la versión alojada aquí:https://web.archive.org/web/20150317...Serial_Numbers es sólo un archivo.

Sé que el método ya ha trabajado para otros usuarios, así que esto es todo lo que puedo pensar. La mayoría de las tabletas son wifi única y parece ser sólo uno 3.0.5 médico para esto. (menos las variantes debido a los portadores de la red)
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    I'm helping Spanish-speaking people regain their touchpad that resetearon and can not access your profile. We have followed us step of your post, but yesterday I did not come out error touchpad. any solution?
    uploadfromtaptalk1431516410547.png
    Looks like someone else helped out while I was waiting for my post to be approved.

I notice that in the original instructions, the doctor is in 3 parts, but the user is only instructed to open part 1. I suspect that this is because the site hosting these items limits file size and a disk-spanning option has been used. Opening part 1 combines all the parts into one archive...? As this is also an image file, perhaps an error in download or re-combination of the files has created a fault.

By comparison, the version hosted here: https://web.archive.org/web/20150317...Serial_Numbers is only one file.

I know the method has already worked for other users, so this is all I can think of. Most tablets are wifi only and there appears to only be one 3.0.5 doctor for this. (less variants due to network carriers)
    Yeah, the 3 parts act as 1 when they are downloaded together. The webosdoctor link you posted to the single file is better since it eliminates a few steps but the process is essentially the same.

You would just right-click on that file to open with WinRar then click on the "resources" folder and follow the rest of the steps from there.
    Last edited by fuddy78; 05/14/2015 at 08:53 AM.
    Ok, so my brother wants me to bring his HP back to life. Since I already have the files downloaded on my laptop, I should just have to do the steps from where you put the touchpad on usb mode and proceed from there, right?

Problem. I can't get the thing to turn off! Power button doesn't offer me the option to turn it off, have held it down a long time. I tried power button and the button in the center and it seems like it is turned off, but the hp circle is glowing after I let go and it does not ever turn off. Is there another way to get to the usb icon?

Me he dado cuenta de que en las instrucciones originales, el médico es en 3 partes, pero el usuario sólo recibe instrucciones para abrir la parte 1. Sospecho que esto es debido a que el sitio de alojamiento de estos elementos limita el tamaño de archivo y una opción que abarca el disco se ha utilizado. Apertura parte 1 combina todas las partes en un solo archivo ...? Como este es también un archivo de imagen, tal vez un error en la descarga o re-combinación de los archivos ha creado un fallo.

En comparación, la versión alojada aquí:https://web.archive.org/web/20150317...Serial_Numbers es sólo un archivo.

Sé que el método ya ha trabajado para otros usuarios, así que esto es todo lo que puedo pensar. La mayoría de las tabletas son wifi única y parece ser sólo uno 3.0.5 médico para esto. (menos las variantes debido a los portadores de la red)
    Hi preemptive

the link you so kindly give us to download the webOS Doctor only gives us what I show in the image.

uploadfromtaptalk1431561083585.png

on the other hand I have a new error I think is the version of webOS Doctor
    uploadfromtaptalk1431561159252.jpg

Please helpmi
    Devicetool.jar is for bypassing activation, not a doctor. Which are you trying to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Devicetool.jar is for bypassing activation, not a doctor. Which are you trying to do?
    I try what it says on the post 13 as necessary to extract a file webos doctor and this is in three parts think is corrupt, so I want to lose one complete. you can help with the sampling error messages?

uploadfromtaptalk1431564846341.jpg
    It looks like it successfully loaded the uImage and rebooted the Touchpad, but is having a problem with the filesystems on the device. Is this the same Touchpad in the previous screen shot that showed a MOBOOT boot error? If it is, you are probably going to have to use the TPToolbox from one of the Android sites (XDA maybe?) to rebuild all of the Touchpad volumes, then bypass activation, and do any desired Android re-installs. TPToolbox: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2756314

Just in case, here is a link to devicetool in my dropbox folder that has the Touchpad uImage (and I believe the Veer and Pre3, maybe Pre2 images as well):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4x8illr57t...etool.jar?dl=0
    joshua764 and marcexec like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    It looks like it successfully loaded the uImage and rebooted the Touchpad, but is having a problem with the filesystems on the device. Is this the same Touchpad in the previous screen shot that showed a MOBOOT boot error? If it is, you are probably going to have to use the TPToolbox from one of the Android sites (XDA maybe?) to rebuild all of the Touchpad volumes, then bypass activation, and do any desired Android re-installs. TPToolbox: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2756314

Just in case, here is a link to devicetool in my dropbox folder that has the Touchpad uImage (and I believe the Veer and Pre3, maybe Pre2 images as well):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4x8illr57t...etool.jar?dl=0
    Thanks grabber. if the same touchpad. It could be that by applying the medical folders are reinstated?
    Thanks for all the help here in this thread. I've gotten further than I thought I would. I'm having a problem finding the devicetool.jar file. I downloaded the zip file into a folder on my desktop with the other files. When I follow all the steps in #13, I get to where I have to point to it in a comand prompt, but it's not there. All I see is the devicetool.zip folder. No devicetool.jar.
    HELP! lol Please....
    Steve
    Got it. Cancel that last post. I changed the name of the devicetool.zip to devicetool.jar and saved as all and it loaded right up. Wife is using it right now. Thanks again to all that posted here. You guys (and gals) saved my life! lol
    Preemptive likes this.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast