Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I was having some unusual problems on my dual-boot WebOS/LuneOS touchpad. I decided to start anew and did a doctor. Afterwards it went into a boor-loop. I tried all the recovery tricks but no luck (lvm commands). Now the doctor starts but then fails because it says it can't restart the touchpad.

Based upon the types of issues I was having, I suspect that the flash ram was failing. Anyone get out of this state? BTW, the touchpad refuses to shut down completely and is stuck in the boot-loop.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I had an issue recently an ended up being 'lazy' and wiping everything for a full re-install/doctor.

Get the TP to recovery mode (power & hold vol up - USB symbol) then use the TPToolbox from J C Sullins over at XDA ([TOOLS] Touchpad Toolbox | HP TouchPad | XDA Forums). The latest version is .42 released in Jan 15, but the main site is still showing the prior release. You can get the new one from his goo.im site (https://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouchpad/tptoolbox/) though or 'googling' for it. It also has a reflash of the A6 firmware although I haven't tried this.

Usual caveats apply - no resonsibility etc...
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    I had an issue recently an ended up being 'lazy' and wiping everything for a full re-install/doctor.

Get the TP to recovery mode (power & hold vol up - USB symbol) then use the TPToolbox from J C Sullins over at XDA ([TOOLS] Touchpad Toolbox | HP TouchPad | XDA Forums). The latest version is .42 released in Jan 15, but the main site is still showing the prior release. You can get the new one from his goo.im site (https://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouchpad/tptoolbox/) though or 'googling' for it. It also has a reflash of the A6 firmware although I haven't tried this.

Usual caveats apply - no resonsibility etc...
    It's alive! This did the trick. Kind of freaked me out when I ran the script and it just returned the command prompt. I wasn't expecting it to be running on the touchpad. Very cool.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad