Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Sumy
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Ok I really need to get my tp working again, it just has the dead battery issue, and I really miss my nice wifi picture frame that I used it for. Can anyone help me get it to charge again without using that linux trick, I don't have a spare computer to install it on. Maybe take it apart and charge it with a 9 volt or something? Also when I plug it into the pc via usb, it tries to install the drivers not sure if that means it's still ok, or if that happens anytime you plug in something.
    Someone more expert will no doubt chime in, but I think the driver thing (Novacom, right?) indicates that the device is detected (Good!), but uncommunicative . Assuming the drivers ARE installed, it's probably a default to try fresh drivers in case they're corrupt or dated.

The usual advice is to trickle charge with a phone charger or USB port for a couple of days to see if there is enough juice to wake the charging circuit properly. There are many threads on this you can search for.

Register with the user count if you want - I guess even a picture frame counts as a working device & if you get it up and running again, you might want to try LuneOS in the future.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 01/24/2015 at 12:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hanly2 View Post
    Ok I really need to get my tp working again, it just has the dead battery issue, and I really miss my nice wifi picture frame that I used it for. Can anyone help me get it to charge again without using that linux trick, I don't have a spare computer to install it on. Maybe take it apart and charge it with a 9 volt or something? Also when I plug it into the pc via usb, it tries to install the drivers not sure if that means it's still ok, or if that happens anytime you plug in something.
    If it want's to install drivers when you plug it to a computer, can you let me know what exactly is searching for (which device it want to install)?
    if windows look under Computer ->Properties -> Device manager (look for devices with no drivers installed),
    when in device manager view, disconnect device and connect it again if you can not find the device with question mark / no driver installed.

After you will give the information we can help you to do a proper procedure as we will know in which mode TP is stucked.
    Preemptive and MudShark22 like this.