Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By Remy X
  1.    #1  
    I need input on how to change my backup destination. Is it possible to do on a touchpad?
    It is not possible on any device (well, technically nothing is impossible but at this time there is no alternative backup service)
    Yes, it's technically possible and a couple of people on these forums claim to have stopped using HP some time ago in favour of their own servers, but this is presumably by dumping an image of the device rather than replicating the backup service - at least no one has posted methods that I have seen.

There is a discussion on a manual backup process here: Your BIG BACK UP / RESTORE thread for 2015

If we can get that done, it's likely the process could be at least semi-automated.

The thread for the proposed replacement back up service is here: Would you pay $5-10 /year for a drop-in replacement to Palm Profile / Cloud Services?
    You mean, like changing "location host" in Impostah?

If you stick around for a day or two, the community-hosted profile server should be up, finally. I've been able to track down what was causing issues, so it's only a matter of testing some stuff under load and putting it online.
    kayphoonstar, vgg, Sumy and 3 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post

If you stick around for a day or two, the community-hosted profile server should be up, finally. I've been able to track down what was causing issues, so it's only a matter of testing some stuff under load and putting it online.
    @Remy X: do you have any update on the status?
    Have you managed to put together the profile-server?
    Or are you just waiting for the official servers to go down?
    Now would be indeed the perfect moment to unveil any solution there is could be available. BTW 20 or 25$ ayear would be al right for me, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by hfGermany View Post
    Now would be indeed the perfect moment to unveil any solution there is could be available. BTW 20 or 25$ ayear would be al right for me, too!
    No news means .. good news? Bad News? No news?
    Doing a little surfing at lunch and ran across this site. Don't know if it helps anyone but interesting to a non programmer.

Advanced webOS

Kurt.
    Yes, that is a Britten super bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post

Those one or two days have been pretty long by now. Any further news one this or can we file this under really cruel jokes?
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    +1

I really, really want to use (and am happy to pay for) a replacement profile server!
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Knowing Remy X's history he has a lot of plans, but little to actually show. It unfortunately seems to prove here again too.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2