Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Remy X
  1.    #1  
    Touchpads still selling for more than I paid for mine (in the firesale)! Sure some are overpriced with no bids, but a bunch still selling!

hp touchpad | eBay
    I still have one new in box, but I am debating if I should activate it by the end of the 15th of not.

I have saved all the ipk files from my other touchpad already. No idea if I can use them on my other touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShqTth View Post
    I still have one new in box, but I am debating if I should activate it by the end of the 15th of not.

I have saved all the ipk files from my other touchpad already. No idea if I can use them on my other touchpad.
    It really shouldn't matter if you activate it or not before the servers go down but they ended the closure date to March 15th a few days ago so you still have time to decide.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    and the ipks you saved will work on any of your devices ( pending adjustments for screen resolution in case of phones, at worst )

ps
    after practically 3 years, those new in box batteries... whouldn't they be a bit at risk ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    and the ipks you saved will work on any of your devices ( pending adjustments for screen resolution in case of phones, at worst )

ps
    after practically 3 years, those new in box batteries... whouldn't they be a bit at risk ?
    Excellent point...

I recently opened a new 32G Touchpad and am still trying to get it up and running...
    Maybe might have to take it apart and manually charge the lithium ion battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShqTth View Post
    Maybe might have to take it apart and manually charge the lithium ion battery.
    That's lithium polymer, and you'll need a specialized charger if you do take apart the battery itself.

For now, try charging your Touchpad over USB at 500mA (such as from a computer... and the USB port on a printer is ideal for this). The phone chargers are 1.0A, and Touchpad's own is 2.0A, which are both too much for a "cold start"
    TJs11thPre likes this.