Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chris Holst
  1.    #1  
    I have two touchpads, one working and one I have recovered with webos doc. I can still download free apps onto the working pad.The recovered pad shows all my previous free apps, but they won't open. A short time after recovery I was able to open the Apps Catalog and selected an app and indicated on tex that it was downloading, but I never saw a download bar. After that, I couldn,t open the Catalog. Why am I still able to load from the Catalog on my working pad, but not the recovered pad. Is there some easy way to make recovery allow me to get the apps or some way I can copy the apps on my working pad to the recovered pad without screwing up my working pad. If I screw it up then I will have two pads without apps. Any help before Jan. 15??
    Quote Originally Posted by kikokat View Post
    I have two touchpads, one working and one I have recovered with webos doc. I can still download free apps onto the working pad.The recovered pad shows all my previous free apps, but they won't open. A short time after recovery I was able to open the Apps Catalog and selected an app and indicated on tex that it was downloading, but I never saw a download bar. After that, I couldn,t open the Catalog. Why am I still able to load from the Catalog on my working pad, but not the recovered pad. Is there some easy way to make recovery allow me to get the apps or some way I can copy the apps on my working pad to the recovered pad without screwing up my working pad. If I screw it up then I will have two pads without apps. Any help before Jan. 15??
    Remember to do the certificate update trick. Reset your date back to June 1 2013 and update the app catalog... that will get you the currently working certificate that will allow you do do downloads.... but only after you reset the date to current.
    Preemptive likes this.
    I've been trying to harvast a few last free apps before the lignts go out, but every time I try the download fails with the notification that my TP is does not have enough storage to complete the dl. Device info says that I have 24GB available and I can also dl from preware with no trouble. What gives, has HP shut down early?