webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Disappearing preferences, bookmarks
Disappearing preferences, bookmarks

Old 01/05/2015, 09:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

I don't suppose anyone here knows a fix for browser preferences that "go away"? Mainly the default search engine. The four choices under "content" get turned off as well. Bookmarks also disappear, in the kindle app as well as the browser. I ran webOS doctor hoping that would do the trick and it did seem to, but now it's happening again.
JuanitaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2015, 03:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanitaM View Post
I don't suppose anyone here knows a fix for browser preferences that "go away"? Mainly the default search engine. The four choices under "content" get turned off as well. Bookmarks also disappear, in the kindle app as well as the browser. I ran webOS doctor hoping that would do the trick and it did seem to, but now it's happening again.
A familiar gripe, but in my case it's alarm clock settings that get cleared, and WiFi hotspot prefs.

The cause was determined to be that LunaSysMgr, which is the graphical user interface and app host under webOS, can get a little too busy and get disconnected from the database service... So apps will load without preferences.. but if i reboot without trying to re-enter lost data, oftentimes it may come back, like alarm clock entries do. If i enter anything to replace the lost data, everything gets overwritten.
Old 01/07/2015, 11:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
A familiar gripe, but in my case it's alarm clock settings that get cleared, and WiFi hotspot prefs.

The cause was determined to be that LunaSysMgr, which is the graphical user interface and app host under webOS, can get a little too busy and get disconnected from the database service... So apps will load without preferences.. but if i reboot without trying to re-enter lost data, oftentimes it may come back, like alarm clock entries do. If i enter anything to replace the lost data, everything gets overwritten.
I wonder if there's a different browser that might not do that?? Yeah, a lame hope, I know. if it's a webos system file really doing it. The biggest pain is not being able to type whatever in the address bar and expect a search.
JuanitaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2015, 11:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

If it helps, I have lost the shortcuts on the frontpage before. They seem to remain in the listing from the app menu though.