Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hello All. My Touchpad was acting strangely with the Cyanogen Mod. Android stopped working and webos began to not open programs (music for example) and in others system programs where there should be icons there was text!! Like all was corrupted.
    I though to doctor it hoping to solve the problem before 15 of January. Well, It got stuck at 8%... then revived and tried again and get stuck at 92% saying that webosdoctor could't reset the device. The touchpad dead again. So this morning I plugged it in my Mac hoping for some miracle and after several minutes, it booted but showing this strange image:

So I don't know what to do now. Reset? Recovery? Pray? ...
  2.    #2  
    Well... I did a reset (power+home) and dead again... No sign of life.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanjpm View Post
    Hello All. My Touchpad was acting strangely with the Cyanogen Mod. Android stopped working and webos began to not open programs (music for example) and in others system programs where there should be icons there was text!! Like all was corrupted.
    I though to doctor it hoping to solve the problem before 15 of January. Well, It got stuck at 8%... then revived and tried again and get stuck at 92% saying that webosdoctor could't reset the device. The touchpad dead again. So this morning I plugged it in my Mac hoping for some miracle and after several minutes, it booted but showing this strange image:

Click to view quoted image

It seems that your device is stuck either in bootie mode with everything erased (color pattern - your first post) or in DFU mode (emmc_appsboot) - your second post, blank screen

Can you check how your device is found in the device manager (this is for windows, i see you have mac)
    If your TouchPad is in bootie mode than you will see this in device manager Palm Novacom Modules -> Palm Novacom (bootie)
    If your TouchPad is in DFU than In Windows should be something like this Palm Novacom Modules -> Device Firmware Upgrade ("Device Firmware Upgrade" name depends on the drivers you have used and which were installed when TouchPad first time entered DFU mode, drivers can be from online search or local drivers, if you used local drivers can be also libusb ..... )

If you device is in bootie than you can doctor Touchpad as before or flash it with NDI, i guess if doctor will not suceed this time you will have to use NDI

If in DFU mode you should write boot.bin (boot-topaz.bin) to TouchPad by typing
    dfu-util.exe -D boot-topaz.bin
    (you can get boot-topaz.bin from webos doctor
    - webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar (rename it to zip and open), than open another archive called webOS.tar and extract boot-topaz.bin to local folder where you will run dfu-util.exe
    After executing dfu-util.exe -D boot-topaz.bin and sucesfully writing boot-topaz.bin to your device you will see Palm Novacom Modules -> Palm Novacom (bootie) in the device manager
    the "strange screen" you are referring in your post should will be gone
    - Than you can doctor Touchpad as before or flash it with NDI, i guess if doctor will not suceed this time you will have to use NDI

You can also check what is going on by entering command line on computer, going in to C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\
    and typing novacom -t open tty:// if it will connect than it is sure in bootie mode (even if the screen is blank, can happen)
    you can than type printenv and post here, version will list your bootie version

It can also be hardware fault (like bad memory), you will need to have debug boot.bin in your device to see output on the device screen
    Now you can also check how device will perform by membooting from command line C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\
    novacom boot mem:// < nova-installer-image-topaz.uImage

and than typing novacom -t open tty:// to see where exactly your device is

nova-installer-image-topaz.uImage is also inside webosdoctor, you can copy it out from jar at the same time as boot-topaz.bin
    Last edited by Sumy; 01/05/2015 at 08:02 AM. Reason: detailed
    Remy X likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    It seems that your device is stuck either in bootie mode with everything erased (color pattern - your first post) or in DFU mode (emmc_appsboot) - your second post, blank screen

Can you check how your device is found in the device manager (this is for windows, i see you have mac)
    If your TouchPad is in bootie mode than you will see this in device manager Palm Novacom Modules -> Palm Novacom (bootie)
    If your TouchPad is in DFU than In Windows should be something like this Palm Novacom Modules -> Device Firmware Upgrade ("Device Firmware Upgrade" name depends on the drivers you have used and which were installed when TouchPad first time entered DFU mode, drivers can be from online search or local drivers, if you used local drivers can be also libusb ..... )

If you device is in bootie than you can doctor Touchpad as before or flash it with NDI, i guess if doctor will not suceed this time you will have to use NDI

- webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar (rename it to zip and open), than open another archive called webOS.tar and extract boot-topaz.bin to local folder where you will run dfu-util.exe
    After executing dfu-util.exe -D boot-topaz.bin and sucesfully writing boot-topaz.bin to your device you will see Palm Novacom Modules -> Palm Novacom (bootie) in the device manager
    - Than you can doctor Touchpad as before or flash it with NDI, i guess if doctor will not suceed this time you will have to use NDI

You can also check what is going on by entering command line on computer, going in to C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\
    and typing novacom -t open tty:// if it will connect than it is sure in bootie mode (even if the screen is blank, can happen)

It can also be hardware fault (like bad memory), you can test this latter if all above will not work.
    I will try to get a windows computer and follow your instructions. Thank you!
    I will try to get a windows computer and follow your instructions. Thank you!
    Try to run webos doctor in the command line (cmd + enter) java -jar webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar so you will see what is going on and where it stops (if doctor can still find device)
    if java is not in the path you need to find installation directory for java usually c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\*.* and sub folder of version "c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin\java.exe" so from withing this folder you need to run java -jar webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar (you need to copy webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar file to this folder) or to write a complete path to the place where webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar resides.
    The output will be visibile in the command prompt.
    Try to run webos doctor in the command line (cmd + enter) java -jar webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar so you will see what is going on and where it stops (if doctor can still find device)
    if java is not in the path you need to find installation directory for java usually c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\*.* and sub folder of version "c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin\java.exe" so from withing this folder you need to run java -jar webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar (you need to copy webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar file to this folder) or to write a complete path to the place where webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar resides.
    The output will be visibile in the command prompt.
    Here is more about doctor and issues How To Recover - WebOS Internals

It can also be hardware fault (like bad memory), you will need to have debug boot.bin in your device to see output on the device screen
    Now you can also check how device will perform by membooting from command line C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\
    novacom boot mem:// < nova-installer-image-topaz.uImage

and than typing novacom -t open tty:// to see where exactly your device is

nova-installer-image-topaz.uImage is also inside webosdoctor, you can copy it out from jar at the same time as boot-topaz.bin
    As same as flashing android version touchpad Go to webos version touchpad Go....

Click to view quoted image

I've fixed this beautiful flower touchpad device. It means enter "recovery mode" already. Just put charger over 2 hours. Because the flowers screen falling down the power very fast. Look for Nova device installer (see my threads). And unzip webos 3.0.5 doctor. Can get Hp.tar and webos.tar two files. Running NDI 91 and put webos tar on the top and hp.tar on the second. Just connect touchpad and run flash....
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    I've fixed this beautiful flower touchpad device. It means enter "recovery mode" already. Just put charger over 2 hours. Because the flowers screen falling down the power very fast. Look for Nova device installer (see my threads). And unzip webos 3.0.5 doctor. Can get Hp.tar and webos.tar two files. Running NDI 91 and put webos tar on the top and hp.tar on the second. Just connect touchpad and run flash....
    Hi Lemanho!
    I'm a bit lost
    I'm trying to figure out what NOVA is (or NDI or NOVA DEVICE INSTALLER). I look into your threads and google and found nothing. I have the novacom SDK drivers installed in may Mac but I don't know if it is related to NDI. I can guess that NDI is a sort of terminal for mac (or DOS for windows). I don't know where to download or use it!...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    also unzipping the webosdoctor 3.0.5 I only get .class files... And no sign of the two that you mention.
    also unzipping the webosdoctor 3.0.5 I only get .class files... And no sign of the two that you mention.
    there are folders:
    Meta-inf
    resources -> inside is webOS.tar and hp.tar
    Com

Check PM
    I am just using NDI with Windows or Ubuntu. Can flash this kind of TP device.
    Local Base Image: webos.tar
    Local Customization Image: hp.tar
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14.    #14  
    Thank you lemanho and sumy! I have your files ready to run but it seems the Touchpad do not want to wake up. Neither via USB or mains have sign of life...
    Thank you lemanho and sumy! I have your files ready to run but it seems the Touchpad do not want to wake up. Neither via USB or mains have sign of life...
    Maybe we can setup a Skype video conference. If your TP still shows the picture on the first post it can be done for sure.
  16.    #16  
    Maybe we can setup a Skype video conference. If your TP still shows the picture on the first post it can be done for sure.
    Thank you for the interest and effort Sumy, but the touchpad is black as night. No flower picture anymore... argghgghhhh
    Thank you for the interest and effort Sumy, but the touchpad is black as night. No flower picture anymore... argghgghhhh
    If you connect it to the computer using USB cable and press reset (home + power for 20-30 seconds) do you see any device connected in the device manager? Any change in connected devices? Bootie is probably kicking ...

Restet it and than charge it for 24 hours.
  18.    #18  
    Hello, no, my Mac do not recognize the TP in anyway... I'll keep it charging as you say for one day or so... 15th is coming...
    Because the flowers screen falling down the power very fast.

No power in TP battery...keep charge and hold power+home 20-30 seconds. It will show "Flower screen" again.
  20.    #20  
    Lemanho, I will charge it for one day and hope that with the reset, the flower will appear. But, I'm afraid the TP is totally dead. It seems that do not receive power (electricity). Something is wrong.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast