Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By loispol1
  1.    #1  
    I have searched the forums and do not know what to do. I noticed last night my 16gb wifi touchpad screen is blank and won't start. I tried the different suggestions to hold home button, home button and power button, and home and up volume buttons. these tips worked in the past. Nothing I tried worked this time, charging directly into wall and checked the pronged area on all 3 connectors of my hp tp chargers, and all are securely twisted. I charged my samsung phone on 2 of the HP TP wall chargers and even when the phone is connected to my usb slot in my laptop the hp chargers work. Currently I have the touchpad hooked up to a working usb port on the laptop with a good usb TP cord and slightly propped up to keep connection secure. There is no flashing light as of yet. I charged it all night using my samsung wall charger, nothing. I re-downloaded webosdoctor but TP is not recognized bc I can't turn TP on.This happened previously shortly after I received it and it was sent back under warranty to HP. I have no idea why this happened again now, I didn't drop it or download anything new? It was on touch stone charger previously and may have discharged the other day as sometimes I don't place it correctly on that, and/or I may have left it off the charger for a day? I am considering plugging it directly in the my new power surge strip next that has usb plugs (this is how I usually charge my samsung phone charger now). I have not installed android or overclocked etc. It seemed to happen in the past day or so. My guess is the battery ran down. I pray I can get it started again, no warranty now. I don't even know where I could take it for a repair start? I have been at this for hours to no avail.
    Hi, Welcome to the forum

So, from the looks of it, your Touchpad one day just went cold, no signs of life...

Ok..

Sometimes that may happen when the OS kernel crashes while the Touchpad is "sleeping", but since you've tried all button combinations, i guess we can rule that out

When the battery gets over-discharged from disuse, it can also look "dead" and not charge from any power source over 500mA (computer or printer USB port). But you've tried charging from your computer, so we can rule that out as well because the Home button doesn't flash, though you could try for another two days

Another possibility may be corrupted A6 firmware or the Touchpad being stuck in QHUSB-DLOAD mode, which can both be fixed if we can get your computer to somehow see the Touchpad.

The last option is to open it up and pop out the battery for a few minutes, to see if that would correct the problem. Otherwise, there may be an interrupted circuit inside and you'd have to mail it to one of the guys here who still do repairs.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Hi, Welcome to the forum

So, from the looks of it, your Touchpad one day just went cold, no signs of life...

Ok..

Sometimes that may happen when the OS kernel crashes while the Touchpad is "sleeping", but since you've tried all button combinations, i guess we can rule that out

When the battery gets over-discharged from disuse, it can also look "dead" and not charge from any power source over 500mA (computer or printer USB port). But you've tried charging from your computer, so we can rule that out as well because the Home button doesn't flash, though you could try for another two days

Another possibility may be corrupted A6 firmware or the Touchpad being stuck in QHUSB-DLOAD mode, which can both be fixed if we can get your computer to somehow see the Touchpad.

The last option is to open it up and pop out the battery for a few minutes, to see if that would correct the problem. Otherwise, there may be an interrupted circuit inside and you'd have to mail it to one of the guys here who still do repairs.
    Oh thank you for responding. Actually I could leave it on the USB cord/computer I suppose for additional days. Also I have it on the touchstone now again but I don't see anything happening there. I even tried plugging the TP & TP charger/wall outlet into my SUV electrical outlet and riding around town like that to see if anything would happen, but no. The strange thing is I use it usually every day - the most I skip is a day w/o using it. I now remember seeing it on the touchstone and seeing it looked blank. The touchstone makes a noise if it isn't seated correctly and the outlet works so I don't know what it is. I have no idea how to open it or contact someone here for a repair?
    I see you say you searched.
    I'm not as knowledgeable as most these guys here, but I also did a search just in case.
    I found holding the power and home button to feel like a long 15 seconds, but it eventually worked.
    Here are some other threads with additional suggestions;

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rn-charge.html
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...wont-turn.html
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loispol1 View Post
    Oh thank you for responding. Actually I could leave it on the USB cord/computer I suppose for additional days. Also I have it on the touchstone now again but I don't see anything happening there. I even tried plugging the TP & TP charger/wall outlet into my SUV electrical outlet and riding around town like that to see if anything would happen, but no. The strange thing is I use it usually every day - the most I skip is a day w/o using it. I now remember seeing it on the touchstone and seeing it looked blank. The touchstone makes a noise if it isn't seated correctly and the outlet works so I don't know what it is. I have no idea how to open it or contact someone here for a repair?
    I tried everything and was about to open it up to remove battery...well read what I did here to get it to work...

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3402560
    Mind you the main trick used to try and revive a completely empty battery, is to kind of trickle charge it.

In the past people have written here using the USB port of the computer, since it does not give the 2 ampere needed by the TP.

On newer computers though, some ports willgive more than the .5 A that an older USB port would be the max for.

Try charging it from a USB charger or port, which you know only gives a low amperage, leave it charging on that overnight, if it revives , switch back to the normal charger.

(Basically this is what the previous poster refers to in his other post as well.)
    If you do remove the battery, please test it with a multimeter to see if it has any charge at all...
  8.    #8  
    Well after trying everything at least 3-4 times I did this:

1. I hooked it up to my usb port on the left side of my laptop overnight using my kindle usb cord (nothing happened at that point, I had already been attempted charging it in a variety of ways including using my car AC outlet and riding around town (nothing).

2. Then I switched the usb cord to my Samsung phone usb cord and plugged it into my new GE surge outlet strip usb outlet which seems to charge my phone and other things quickly. In the meantime my dishwasher broke and I spent several hours mopping the floor and praying for things to stop breaking. I decided then to check the TP again and low and behold the flashing white light on the lower home button appeared followed by a message telling me to use the TP charging cord/wall outlet instead and it went dark again and white light stopped flashing. I immediately plugged the Samsung usb cord into the tp wall charger thing and YAY!!!! The battery symbol showing charging appeared after I pushed the power/home key combo for a few seconds. Just checked again and now while plugged into tp wall charger now with the Tp usb cord as well, the tp home screen is back up YAY! I will be extremely careful to never let this happen again! Moral of this story is that with your encouragement I kept trying and eventually the TP responded. It does seem using different usb cords and the laptop/surge protector usb connections got it going again, finally. Someone, somewhere online wrote that they worked on their tp for over a month and was successful - that really encouraged me as well.
    Preemptive and Remy X like this.