Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By lemanho
  • 1 Post By Sumy
  • 1 Post By berdinkerdickle
  • 1 Post By dkirker
  1.    #1  
    I got a nano sim stuck in my Go thanks to my sister. How can I get it out any tips?
    Until Sumy and lemanho give you proper guidance, here's an iFixit guide for the regular Touchpad to get you started, and an FCC teardown of the Touchpad GO for reference.

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/HP_TouchPad

HP‚€™s TouchPad Go gets pictured, torn down in FCC filing |

I sure hope you have something to ground yourself often as you perform the repair, like a grounding strap, the back of a desktop computer, or a large piece unpainted of metal furniture.

In any case, good luck
    Do not pull it out directly. Lots of Veer device are broken here. It is unused to tear down Go. Try to insert very very thin hard paper between SIM card and 8 metal pins. And take it out carefully. Do not break the pins.

Good luck !
    Last edited by lemanho; 12/29/2014 at 09:35 PM.
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Do not pull it out directly. Lots of Veer device are broken here. It is unused to tear down Go. Try to insert very very thin hard paper between SIM card and 8 metal pins. And take it out carefully. Do not break the pins.

Good luck !
    Instead of hard paper, you might try a piece of thin but flexible plastic

If the micro sim is to the left or right, leaving space on the other side, yoy can try to wiggle it left/right, slowly moving it out.

To not break the pins, you can also combine these methods.

Get something between the card and the pins, as to protect the pins.

Then start trying to wiggle it out

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  5.    #6  
    Thanks guys! I will be trying the paper trick
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmarquis9 View Post
    I got a nano sim stuck in my Go thanks to my sister. How can I get it out any tips?
    You can look at those photos I put some time ago
    forums.webosnation.com/other-webos-tablets/327179-teardown-instructions-tp-go.html#post3413043

or whole thread Teardown instructions for TP Go

Herrie has also put a nice photo here http://forums.webosnation.com/attach...-img_3496b.jpg

If you will not suceed with paper or plastic you will need also to unscrew main board.
    SIM card slot is soldered on the bottom side of the mother board and it need to be unscrewed to get access to connector bracket.

You can look at very nice photos posted by Lemanho http://forums.webosnation.com/attach...-gps-board.jpg (the photo of the left main board has SIM connector soldered and this is how it will look) more photos are in the Touchpad Go device
    Last edited by Sumy; 12/30/2014 at 04:17 PM. Reason: added some additional information
    Remy X likes this.
    This is not the best solution but it is probably easily the dumbest successful way I've ever done this. SIM Adapter Stuck Removal Tip
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Thread title changed from disaeemble to disassemble as requested.
    Just call me Berd.
    Remy X likes this.
    Heh, someone should make and sell SIM card tweezers. :P Basically, wide tweezers. In fact, if you have wide tweezers, those would work. Basically, you just want something to lay over the contacts so you don't catch them and pull them up. (Tweezers need to be as wide as the metal contact area on a SIM card.)
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    This is not the best solution but it is probably easily the dumbest successful way I've ever done this. SIM Adapter Stuck Removal Tip
    I'm still amazed that you did that and that nothing went wrong!
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 12/31/2014 at 03:57 PM.
  11.    #12  
    so anyone have any safe ideas on how to get the sim out?
    You either take the whole thing apart, try the glue and credit card trick, or use paper or plastic to get under the sim and tweeze it out over the paper or plastic.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Disclaimer: I've never had to try this. My big SIM can be a little tight in the slot, but there are holes in the phone SIM cover and a cut out. An ordinary dress-making pin from a sewing kit can be used to stick in the card and slide it until the edge protrudes enough to grip it.

In your case, looking at the pics, I'd suggest using two pins or thin needles. The idea of using paper to protect the contacts seems a good one. As the card seems narrower than the slot width, you may be able to stick the pins in either side of the slot & use the points to try and grip the edges of the card. Wiggle it out slowly...

At you own risk! Be careful and don't blame me if it goes wrong!