Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    So, I thought I'd better doctor my HP Touchpad before the big shutdown, as it kept "losing" preferences, like default search engine, and bookmarks, both on the browser and in the kindle app. That went rather well, I thought, but my apps are not getting restored! What to do, what to do?

Everything is showing up, only with a little black circle (dot) in the upper right hand corner. Some have the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark. In the software manager, many have two blue vertical lines to the right. I'm getting messages like "couldn't install application" and "download failed". Even the app catalog had the yellow triangle. Two reboots ago, I got that to work, but it's broke again.

Any ideas on restoring my apps? Or, should I try running the doctor again?

TIA,

Juanita
    Has the catalog update been installed already?

Put your date back to before may 2013, let the update install and when so set todays date.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    bs03 likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you SO much for the very quick response! Such a stupid little thing -- I did read about that update but somehow figured it must've been done since it had continued working. I never imagined that it would be so critical for this restore process! They all seem to be coming back fine, now! I'm hoping my android install is still there, guess I'll find out when I get the moboot boot manager back. Then, preware and all the mods I had . . . Boy I sure miss my arrows!

Say, do you know if Box is going to continue to be accessible? Was supposed to be for life, right?!
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanitaM View Post
    do you know if Box is going to continue to be accessible? Was supposed to be for life, right?!
    Your Box-account still works and is accessable to you. HOWEVER, not through thd box.net-app, because that won't let you authenticate your account. So on my Touchpad I use the WebDAV client (available in both preware and the catalog (as long as that exists)) to connect to my box.net
    krotech likes this.
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    Your Box-account still works and is accessable to you. HOWEVER, not through thd box.net-app, because that won't let you authenticate your account. So on my Touchpad I use the WebDAV client (available in both preware and the catalog (as long as that exists)) to connect to my box.net
    Thanks--good to know. WebDAV won't work tho because it is not free and I don't already have it. No matter, using the browser to get there works!
  6.    #7  
    Excellent info! Thank you so much! I was hoping for a way other than removing and then reinstalling them but it looks like that is better than copying the entire directory, yes?

Guess I should start a new thread for my quest to restore cyanogenmod, or maybe I'll get directed to an existing one . . . Not to mention WebOSQI.

WebDAV is in Preware now, too, so you can install it
    Excellent info! Thank you so much! I was hoping for a way other than removing and then reinstalling them but it looks like that is better than copying the entire directory, yes?
    You want method 2. Use impostah to obtain 3 items of data from your device and use hptakeout to download the apps to your computer for safe keeping (and reinstallation when the app catalogue closes).

Guess I should start a new thread for my quest to restore cyanogenmod, or maybe I'll get directed to an existing one . . . Not to mention WebOSQI.
    If you're enjoying all this techy stuff you could even look at triple booting and take LuneOS for a test drive...
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    WebDAV is in Preware now, too, so you can install it
    Oh, hey, hadn't thought to look THERE!
  10.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    You want method 2. Use impostah to obtain 3 items of data from your device and use hptakeout to download the apps to your computer for safe keeping (and reinstallation when the app catalogue closes).

If you're enjoying all this techy stuff you could even look at triple booting and take LuneOS for a test drive...
    OK, method 2, sounds like something I can do.

LuneOS, yeah, might have to take a look-see. Triple booting wouldn't be overdoing it? Always did like different os's -- ran OS2 Warp for quite a while, did a slackware install, including xwindows, a long time ago . . . wish I had the time to get some version or other of Linux going. Almost did a BSD install, but kinda chickened out because of sharing the hard drive with the "other" one. Should just get a dedicated HD for them--they're not that costly.

I don't know if it's my stupid computer, or the cable, or what, having a time of it getting the touchpad "seen"! <sigh>
    Which address did you use to get to Box through the WebDAV client? I've tried my.box.net and I can't seem to get it to work. Is there something I'm missing? I'd really like to get Box access again through the TP if possible.

Thanks for any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by krotech View Post
    Which address did you use to get to Box through the WebDAV client?
    I use: dav.box.com/dav

see for more info: https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/art...upport-WebDAV-

of course you won't be to create a sharing-url through webDAV, but you will be able to access your own files on the touchpad. And I don't know whether the app is able to upload files from the touchpad (I never tried)
    Quote Originally Posted by krotech View Post
    Which address did you use to get to Box through the WebDAV client?
    quick search:
    https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/art...upport-WebDAV-

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Thanks to you both! I can get to my Box files again.

No, you can't upload, but that's OK. Most of what I have in Box is for reference and printing. I don't edit much. I can save any altered files and upload them through my computer later.

Fantastic!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I use: dav.box.com/dav

see for more info: https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/art...upport-WebDAV-

of course you won't be to create a sharing-url through webDAV, but you will be able to access your own files on the touchpad. And I don't know whether the app is able to upload files from the touchpad (I never tried)
    Thanks worked for me. At last access to my box account again
  16.    #17  
    Well, it's sure not working for me! Finally I found a post from a year ago on zotero--a response from box support saying that webdav is only for paid accounts.

So much for that, I guess, unless someone has a different setup. On the plus side I WAS able to map a network drive to Box on my desktop!
    Well, it's sure not working for me! Finally I found a post from a year ago on zotero--a response from box support saying that webdav is only for paid accounts.

So much for that, I guess, unless someone has a different setup. On the plus side I WAS able to map a network drive to Box on my desktop!
    I don't have a paid account (my account came 'with' the Touchpad). So that can't be the reason (unless the free account that was offered with the Touchpad is considered 'payed' by Box.

but we need more information about the settings you tried to help you
  18.    #19  
    I don't have a paid account (my account came 'with' the Touchpad). So that can't be the reason (unless the free account that was offered with the Touchpad is considered 'payed' by Box.

but we need more information about the settings you tried to help you
    Man, I think I tried every conceivable thing and then some! Obviously the above, like you said to: dav.box.com/dav, both alone, with http & https, some place they said to use webdav first instead of http, and on that zotero site ( https://forums.zotero.org/discussion...dav-to-boxcom/) they said put zotero after the last dav--I even tried that altho I'm not connected on that server then I tried putting HPtouchpad there instead . . . I had not read further, now I see that another guy says being a free account shouldn't matter.

Wait a minute -- maybe I'm confused about what goes where but I've tried it both ways. Take me by the hand and walk me thru it. Does it go on the top line or server name? I've been using the first line, but also server name line.

Heh, I got my cyanogen mod back well actually upped it a notch to 9 from 7 without hollering for help . . . But this??!
    Just a suggestion.

make sure that you have downloaded and installed the update for App Catalogue after setting you date to May 2013.

Go to Software Manager. Pause all downloads and then DELETE all paused downloads.

Then the downloads will begin (hopefully) again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast