Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29
Like Tree8Likes
  1. #21  
    Both result in the Home button starting to blink left/right....

    Did you see left /right light on home button? That's fine. Connect HP orginal charger and chargering. Do nothing...
  2. Zippy1970's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
       #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Both result in the Home button starting to blink left/right....

    Did you see left /right light on home button? That's fine. Connect HP orginal charger and chargering. Do nothing...
    Did that. Did that for a few days. Nothing.

    It's also a different left/right blinking than what I've seen on another touchpad of mine before. I once had the same problem with another touchpad. That it was blinking the home button left/right. But the blinking was regularly. So first left lit up for half a second, then right for half a second and so on.

    This is different. First left lights up for half a second then right for a full second, the left for half a second, right for a full second, and so on.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy1970 View Post
    Did that. Did that for a few days. Nothing.

    It's also a different left/right blinking than what I've seen on another touchpad of mine before. I once had the same problem with another touchpad. That it was blinking the home button left/right. But the blinking was regularly. So first left lit up for half a second, then right for half a second and so on.

    This is different. First left lights up for half a second then right for a full second, the left for half a second, right for a full second, and so on.
    Double check inside connection of TP. USB power board to Mainboard. Battery to Mainboard. Screen to Mainboard....

    Good luck.
  4. Zippy1970's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
       #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Double check inside connection of TP. USB power board to Mainboard. Battery to Mainboard. Screen to Mainboard....

    Good luck.
    Checked and reseated those connections quite a few times. No difference whatsoever...
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy1970 View Post
    Checked and reseated those connections quite a few times. No difference whatsoever...
    I am a tech refurbisher who just happened to stumble on to a few touchpads that were bricked in this same enigmatic way. For the past few weeks, I have been picking it up and trying to solve it. There is NO PLACE on the entire internet that seems to have a clue how to get past the battery with question mark thing. If HP techs can do it, that means the solution exists they just arent telling anyone because HP is a terrible company in general.

    So...on to the progress I have made on the issue, you will need both hands free to do this...

    Prep: disconnect your computers USB cable from the unit, but do not completely separate the plug from the TP charge-port on the unit...just let it kinda rest in the doorway without really being fully in. (you will have to push it in again quickly later)
    1. use the HOME button+PWR to turn it off as usual...(Get ready for some finger gymnastics)
    2. As soon as it powers down, reconnect the PC USB cord by pushing it all the way in then quickly do step 3...
    3. Press VOLUME UP + PWR.(nothing will happen, this is perfectly normal), wait 20 secs...then hold down the HOME button for around 20 secs and you should hear your computer make the USB connect sound. Your tablet will still be dark and powered down, but now your PC sees a palm device connected to its USB... So far thats all I got, but my PC sees the device, so from here, I guess it is just a matter of time. updates next time I get a chance to fool around with this deranged little tablet...

    P.S. you may be able to do the whole Vol up+PWR+home thing by connecting a PC USB while just in the regular powered off state, at least thats kinda how you hack many android devices...probably how it works here too...
  6. #26  
    Might be worth making up a USB lead with an on/off switch to reduce the chance of hastily damaging the usb port...
  7. imurrx's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    #27  
    I used a iPhone charger or a computer USB and charge it for 24 hours. It fixes it when I have tried.
    Let's go LG, be not like HP.

    Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X
  8. #28  
    I have the same problem. And I gave up. I loved my pre3. There is nothing like it out there. Very disappointed in the hp line... There seemed no way to get it back to life. Charged new battery seemed to make no difference. Would love to find the doctor program however won't even give me any info when plugged right into my HP laptop...
  9. #29  
    Huge thanks to you, @RightSystems . My touchpad was dead for like 3 years because i had lost the hp's charger and the battery was dead. after that full recharge doesn't work. and i wanted to open it for recharging mannually.

    But your tips save my touchpad. i follow all the step. then when my computer recognize the touchpad. I loaded the tpdebrick. and after like 7-10 hours, the touchpad woken up.
    so again, HUGE thanks to you and jcsullins.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Battery question mark
    By barryb20 in forum HP Pre 3
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02/24/2017, 08:44 AM
  2. Battery with Question Mark
    By joshparrish in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02/28/2013, 08:49 PM
  3. FrankenPre 2 question mark battery :<
    By DJ Nativus in forum Palm Pre 2
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10/26/2011, 07:35 PM
  4. battery icon with question mark
    By hobowithin in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10/24/2011, 09:06 AM
  5. Question Mark Battery Screen
    By JM8753 in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09/20/2011, 08:46 PM

Posting Permissions