Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By mrmarquis9
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  • 2 Post By creepingmee
  1.    #1  
    It's a sad day because tonight is the last night I will be spending on my HP Touchpad im trading it for a broken ipad mini which I plan to repair and use. But next month I will probably buy another touchpad
    I have a touchpad which I love. It has some short comings but so does the mini I bought for my wife. Some of the things I do on pad work better one than on the other, Examples: Games on USATODAY some work great on touchpad. A few will not run on touchpad and do work on the mini. But I find the ones I run on the touchpad are a bit buggy on the mini. For instance Sudoku . I assume this is because I don't use the app on mini, just run on browser. I do find some websites on touchpad browser will not load now or load and then turn to blank white screen. So don't totally abandon your TP even with its problems, I still think its screen gesture system tops all other pad systems.
    Why not make it a dual-boot with Android, or even triple-boot and add LuneOS ?
    Each has it's pros and cons, but with the TouchPad, you can enjoy the pros of all ...
    I really have not been around much lately and I missed alot. Not to thread hijack but can someone tell me what LuneOS is all about? I have an HP TouchPad that I use every day with dual boot webOS and Android

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by grotevoet View Post
    Why not make it a dual-boot with Android, or even triple-boot and add LuneOS ?
    Each has it's pros and cons, but with the TouchPad, you can enjoy the pros of all ...
    guys im still 100% a webos fan but i just did the trade to get the mini lol im still getting another touchpad. LOVE LIVE WEBOS!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I really have not been around much lately and I missed alot. Not to thread hijack but can someone tell me what LuneOS is all about? I have an HP TouchPad that I use every day with dual boot webOS and Android

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T
    Lune os is the new updated version of webos that webos ports is developing to easily port webos to any device
    Very sorry to hear your news,may i ask what kind of touchpad you want to buy,cause i would like to get a new one too.
    I am keeping my touchpad since it has cyanogen mod on it working really well ...hardware is nice... so
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I am keeping my touchpad since it has cyanogen mod on it working really well ...hardware is nice... so
    I was just reading a bunch of reviews on this game i've been dinking around with on my TouchPad.. "Abyss Attack". People saying it plays really laggy on iPhone 5, iPad 3, Nexus 7s.. runs beautifully on my TouchPad. :-D
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I was just reading a bunch of reviews on this game i've been dinking around with on my TouchPad.. "Abyss Attack". People saying it plays really laggy on iPhone 5, iPad 3, Nexus 7s.. runs beautifully on my TouchPad. :-D
    I cannot find it in the App Catalog, is it just in the US one?
  11.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    i am keeping my touchpad since it has cyanogen mod on it working really well ...hardware is nice... So
    32gb wifi only model
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    I cannot find it in the App Catalog, is it just in the US one?
    it's Android
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrown25 View Post
    How can anyone still use the touchpad.
    Why would anyone hang out on a webos forum for the touchpad and ask such a question?
    Grabber5.0 and Remy X like this.
    How can anyone still use the touchpad?
    To quote the late hockey legend Terry Sawchuk, "With my hands, dummy"
    How can anyone still use the touchpad.
    Even if you're not interested in webOS, I believe Android Lollipop is now available for the TP

HP TouchPad gets Android 5.0 Lollipop (unofficially) - Liliputing

So, that's:
    webOS
    LuneOS
    Android
    Ubuntu

Can anyone add to this list? I'm thinking Arch Linux, but I'm not sure.

Anyway are there other mobile devices that have that much choice?
  16.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Even if you're not interested in webOS, I believe Android Lollipop is now available for the TP

HP TouchPad gets Android 5.0 Lollipop (unofficially) - Liliputing

So, that's:
    webOS
    LuneOS
    Android
    Ubuntu

Can anyone add to this list? I'm thinking Arch Linux, but I'm not sure.

Anyway are there other mobile devices that have that much choice?
    I don't see any other tablets that can handle multiple operation systems like a boss #webos!