Global Posts
    1 Global Posts
    Hey Guyz,
    I am using HP webos 3.0.5 and I have many of my and my brothers gmail and facebook accounts linked to webos. I recently started using webOS again and i have forgotten one of my old gmail id password.

I want to know is there anyway to retrieve the saved passwords from webOS ??
    Like an app or something?

When I click "Email > Preferences & Accounts > (My email account@gmail.com) > Change log-in settings" I can see my password in asterix (******) form. Anyway to unmask it??

Thanks
    It's possible but takes some effort.

Where are account passwords saved?

If you know how to get a terminal / command line on the Touchpad (requires developer mode to be enabled), you can run the 'ls-monitor' command and sync an account to watch the traffic. It might be possible to get it using the homebrew tool Impostah with some work.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolflames View Post
    Hey Guyz,
    I am using HP webos 3.0.5 and I have many of my and my brothers gmail and facebook accounts linked to webos. I recently started using webOS again and i have forgotten one of my old gmail id password.

I want to know is there anyway to retrieve the saved passwords from webOS ??
    Like an app or something?

When I click "Email > Preferences & Accounts > (My email account@gmail.com) > Change log-in settings" I can see my password in asterix (******) form. Anyway to unmask it??

Thanks
    If you know the account id, what prevents you from using an 'email me my forgotten password' option on the service website? Might be the quickest / easiest route.