webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Cant get Novacom drivers to download
Cant get Novacom drivers to download
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Preemptive
  • 1 Post By Remy X

Old 11/21/2014, 02:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

So I have a touchpad i picked up at a garage sale. They didnt have a charger and didnt know if it worked. Got it working and everything is still stock on it. I want to load CM on it but have been having difficulties getting the novacom drivers to load. I have the most current version of java installed. I run the novacom installer and it gives back an error message "Error: Driver Installation Failed". I even attempted to find a webOS doctor to pull the drivers from but it seems that everything is down on the hp side. Any ideas on where i could get the drivers? I have googled and have been unable to find anything except the universal novacom installer. which obviously isnt working either.
Brent Tobiczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/2014, 09:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Tobiczyk View Post
So I have a touchpad i picked up at a garage sale. They didnt have a charger and didnt know if it worked. Got it working and everything is still stock on it. I want to load CM on it but have been having difficulties getting the novacom drivers to load. I have the most current version of java installed. I run the novacom installer and it gives back an error message "Error: Driver Installation Failed". I even attempted to find a webOS doctor to pull the drivers from but it seems that everything is down on the hp side. Any ideas on where i could get the drivers? I have googled and have been unable to find anything except the universal novacom installer. which obviously isnt working either.
Remy X has traced the IP addresses.
I need Help installing Andriod on my Hp touchpad
Old 11/21/2014, 09:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Tobiczyk View Post
~ Make sure, of course, that your TP is also set to 'Developer Mode'?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Mini-5101.120Gb SSD. 3G/Wifi/BT. Win7.
Mutoidi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/2014, 10:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
Remy X has traced the IP addresses.
I need Help installing Andriod on my Hp touchpad
Thank you, Preemptive

And Brent, welcome to the forum! Just a heads-up, that since your Touchpad doesn't have charger, you will need to either buy an OEM Touchpad charger, or open up another 2.0 Amp USB charger and replace a resistor, or make yourself a custom USB cable with the data wires shorted with a correct resistor, otherwise the Touchpad will only draw 1 Amp and take twice as long to charge. This is due to HP using a non-standard "charger load rating" resistor, rather than going along with what everyone else uses to signify 2.0 Amps...
Old 11/21/2014, 11:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
Thank you, Preemptive

And Brent, welcome to the forum! Just a heads-up, that since your Touchpad doesn't have charger, you will need to either buy an OEM Touchpad charger, or open up another 2.0 Amp USB charger and replace a resistor, or make yourself a custom USB cable with the data wires shorted with a correct resistor, otherwise the Touchpad will only draw 1 Amp and take twice as long to charge. This is due to HP using a non-standard "charger load rating" resistor, rather than going along with what everyone else uses to signify 2.0 Amps...
I actually already got a charger. this is my 2nd TP. I had one before that i lost "in the divorce" with my ex. lol. I kept the charger.
Brent Tobiczyk is offline   Reply With Quote