webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Cant get Novacom drivers to download
Cant get Novacom drivers to download
  Reply
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Preemptive
  • 1 Post By Remy X

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11/21/2014, 02:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Brent Tobiczyk's Avatar
 
Posts: 2
So I have a touchpad i picked up at a garage sale. They didnt have a charger and didnt know if it worked. Got it working and everything is still stock on it. I want to load CM on it but have been having difficulties getting the novacom drivers to load. I have the most current version of java installed. I run the novacom installer and it gives back an error message "Error: Driver Installation Failed". I even attempted to find a webOS doctor to pull the drivers from but it seems that everything is down on the hp side. Any ideas on where i could get the drivers? I have googled and have been unable to find anything except the universal novacom installer. which obviously isnt working either.
Brent Tobiczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/2014, 09:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
Preemptive's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Tobiczyk View Post
So I have a touchpad i picked up at a garage sale. They didnt have a charger and didnt know if it worked. Got it working and everything is still stock on it. I want to load CM on it but have been having difficulties getting the novacom drivers to load. I have the most current version of java installed. I run the novacom installer and it gives back an error message "Error: Driver Installation Failed". I even attempted to find a webOS doctor to pull the drivers from but it seems that everything is down on the hp side. Any ideas on where i could get the drivers? I have googled and have been unable to find anything except the universal novacom installer. which obviously isnt working either.
Remy X has traced the IP addresses.
I need Help installing Andriod on my Hp touchpad
__________________
webOS Status Report | The Zombie & Dead app list
Preemptive is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked by Misj' and Remy X like this.
Old 11/21/2014, 09:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Mutoidi's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Tobiczyk View Post
So I have a touchpad i picked up at a garage sale. They didnt have a charger and didnt know if it worked. Got it working and everything is still stock on it. I want to load CM on it but have been having difficulties getting the novacom drivers to load. I have the most current version of java installed. I run the novacom installer and it gives back an error message "Error: Driver Installation Failed". I even attempted to find a webOS doctor to pull the drivers from but it seems that everything is down on the hp side. Any ideas on where i could get the drivers? I have googled and have been unable to find anything except the universal novacom installer. which obviously isnt working either.
~ Make sure, of course, that your TP is also set to 'Developer Mode'?
__________________

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Mini-5101.120Gb SSD. 3G/Wifi/BT. Win7.
Mutoidi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/2014, 10:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Remy X's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
Remy X has traced the IP addresses.
I need Help installing Andriod on my Hp touchpad
Thank you, Preemptive

And Brent, welcome to the forum! Just a heads-up, that since your Touchpad doesn't have charger, you will need to either buy an OEM Touchpad charger, or open up another 2.0 Amp USB charger and replace a resistor, or make yourself a custom USB cable with the data wires shorted with a correct resistor, otherwise the Touchpad will only draw 1 Amp and take twice as long to charge. This is due to HP using a non-standard "charger load rating" resistor, rather than going along with what everyone else uses to signify 2.0 Amps...
__________________
...
Remy X is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked by Misj' likes this.
Old 11/21/2014, 11:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Brent Tobiczyk's Avatar
 
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
Thank you, Preemptive

And Brent, welcome to the forum! Just a heads-up, that since your Touchpad doesn't have charger, you will need to either buy an OEM Touchpad charger, or open up another 2.0 Amp USB charger and replace a resistor, or make yourself a custom USB cable with the data wires shorted with a correct resistor, otherwise the Touchpad will only draw 1 Amp and take twice as long to charge. This is due to HP using a non-standard "charger load rating" resistor, rather than going along with what everyone else uses to signify 2.0 Amps...
I actually already got a charger. this is my 2nd TP. I had one before that i lost "in the divorce" with my ex. lol. I kept the charger.
Brent Tobiczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help me for Novacom drivers win32 Pordenone Vive Palm Pre 2 4 11/09/2014 02:19 AM
arm novacom drivers creepingmee webOS Development 0 06/21/2012 08:28 PM
Novacom drivers, where are they? iharley HP TouchPad 0 10/06/2011 12:56 PM
Novacom drivers install failed? Sammo webOS Discussion Lounge 2 08/23/2011 04:52 PM
Help with Quickinstall? Where can Novacom drivers be downloaded? Captain Cook Canuck Coding 2 01/24/2011 04:33 PM


 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0