Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Preemptive
  • 1 Post By Remy X
  1.    #1  
    So I have a touchpad i picked up at a garage sale. They didnt have a charger and didnt know if it worked. Got it working and everything is still stock on it. I want to load CM on it but have been having difficulties getting the novacom drivers to load. I have the most current version of java installed. I run the novacom installer and it gives back an error message "Error: Driver Installation Failed". I even attempted to find a webOS doctor to pull the drivers from but it seems that everything is down on the hp side. Any ideas on where i could get the drivers? I have googled and have been unable to find anything except the universal novacom installer. which obviously isnt working either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Tobiczyk View Post
    So I have a touchpad i picked up at a garage sale. They didnt have a charger and didnt know if it worked. Got it working and everything is still stock on it. I want to load CM on it but have been having difficulties getting the novacom drivers to load. I have the most current version of java installed. I run the novacom installer and it gives back an error message "Error: Driver Installation Failed". I even attempted to find a webOS doctor to pull the drivers from but it seems that everything is down on the hp side. Any ideas on where i could get the drivers? I have googled and have been unable to find anything except the universal novacom installer. which obviously isnt working either.
    Remy X has traced the IP addresses.
    I need Help installing Andriod on my Hp touchpad
    Remy X and Misj' like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Tobiczyk View Post
    ~ Make sure, of course, that your TP is also set to 'Developer Mode'?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Remy X has traced the IP addresses.
    I need Help installing Andriod on my Hp touchpad
    Thank you, Preemptive

And Brent, welcome to the forum! Just a heads-up, that since your Touchpad doesn't have charger, you will need to either buy an OEM Touchpad charger, or open up another 2.0 Amp USB charger and replace a resistor, or make yourself a custom USB cable with the data wires shorted with a correct resistor, otherwise the Touchpad will only draw 1 Amp and take twice as long to charge. This is due to HP using a non-standard "charger load rating" resistor, rather than going along with what everyone else uses to signify 2.0 Amps...
    Misj' likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Thank you, Preemptive

And Brent, welcome to the forum! Just a heads-up, that since your Touchpad doesn't have charger, you will need to either buy an OEM Touchpad charger, or open up another 2.0 Amp USB charger and replace a resistor, or make yourself a custom USB cable with the data wires shorted with a correct resistor, otherwise the Touchpad will only draw 1 Amp and take twice as long to charge. This is due to HP using a non-standard "charger load rating" resistor, rather than going along with what everyone else uses to signify 2.0 Amps...
    I actually already got a charger. this is my 2nd TP. I had one before that i lost "in the divorce" with my ex. lol. I kept the charger.