1.    #1  
    Hey guys, newcomer here to webOS Nation, although I have tinkered around the iMore forums before coming here. Anyways, Iím making a return to webOS on my HP Touchpad. So hereís the skinny. The Touchpad was acquired, like many others, in the fire sale a few years back. It was our very first experience on a tablet, but eventually we got the iPad 2 and BlackBerry Playbook, which effectively supplanted it on the list. After that the tablet craze sort of wore off, and so they were left forgotten in the closet.
    Fast forward to last year, and I found myself the owner of an iPad mini. iOS had really developed since then (I know, I know, iOS isnít exactly persona grata in these circles), and I eventually found myself using it as my primary device for school. Because of screen size constraints, and the fact that iOS canít split-screen multi-task, I looked through our old collection of tablets for a worthy sidekick tablet. After switching back and forth, I have finally settled on the Touchpad, albeit with CyanogenMod 10.1 installed as a dual-boot. Anyways, I read an article on pivotCE, which I read occasionally, along with these forums, about coming back to webOS in 2014. This article basically contained instructions on souping up webOS devices. I decided to give a shot, installed Preware and a slew of patches, and here we are.
    Anyways, I have a couple questions about webOS I wanted to ask, sorry if theyíre questions that have been asked and answered elsewhere, or simply dumb questions, period, but anyways:

-Iím looking for a good YouTube client for webOS. Any suggestions, anybody?
    -A common occurrence on webOS is that icons fail to show up, especially on Moodle sites. Another example is the clock icon beside the date for each post on pivotCE. Perhaps one of the User Agent Override patches? (Currently using the iPad UAO)
    -Anyway to make the keyboard even bigger than it is now? I know how to make the keyboard bigger within the system (holding the keyboard button), but is there a way to go past that?
    -I installed all the patches shown in the pivotCE article I mentioned, as well as a couple extras. Any critical patches I might still need?
    -Are there any other good ebook readers out there? I only have pReader beta and Kindle, having missed the boat on the App Catalog train, I guess.
    -This webOS Nation App Gallery, are they all just links to the App Catalog/Homebrew, or are there direct downloads available?
    -Finally, any method that allows for file uploading on webOS?
    Thanks a lot for your time guys! Hoping to be sticking around with webOS for a good little while.
    Are you using Google Calendar?
    Use CalDAV to maintain Google Calendar sync | pivotCE | pivotCE

Tried this?
    LunaCE 4.x

The App gallery has a feed available to Preware and I think is the source of the majority of apps obtainable via Preware. There has been a problem with this feed. It is due to be fixed, but you can download directly from the gallery to get newly added apps.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Are you using Google Calendar?
    Use CalDAV to maintain Google Calendar sync | pivotCE | pivotCE

Tried this?
    LunaCE 4.x

The App gallery has a feed available to Preware and I think is the source of the majority of apps obtainable via Preware. There has been a problem with this feed. It is due to be fixed, but you can download directly from the gallery to get newly added apps.
    Thanks. Im Not planning on using Google Calendar on this device, but the LunaCE Feature list has my mouth watering. I'd try it right here and now, but I'm using CM side of the touchpad right now.

EDIT: Just did the install, and man, does this thing fly now. Which leads to another question. I've been on the fence about creating a triple boot of CM10.1, webOS and LuneOS for a while now. Am I correct in saying that all LunaCE development has now gone into LuneOS, and I'd practically a continuation of it? Thanks again.
    Last edited by Chairman Honeycrisp; 11/20/2014 at 04:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Honeycrisp View Post
    EDIT: Just did the install, and man, does this thing fly now. Which leads to another question. I've been on the fence about creating a triple boot of CM10.1, webOS and LuneOS for a while now. Am I correct in saying that all LunaCE development has now gone into LuneOS, and I'd practically a continuation of it? Thanks again.
    In essence, yes. There were technical reasons to do with the way the system handles graphics, but basically, LuneOS is Open webOS built on Android open-source drivers as it allows access to devices that are accessible to AOSP/Cyanogenmod. Ironically, the fact that a few TPs were released with Android on is what enables LuneOS to be installed on the TouchPad. webOS drivers were never open-sourced. This is why it's unlikely that LuneOS will ever make it to the original phones. They are aging of course, but there's not really anything modern to replace the form factor of a Pre or Veer.

The Luna system manager was rewritten from scratch to work with Android drivers and is now called LunaNext, but is the 'next generation' LunaCE with the difference being that instead of patching a proprietary system, useful patches can now be incorporated into the open-source LuneOS releases.

And welcome to the forums by the way!
    Last edited by Preemptive; 11/20/2014 at 09:12 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Ahh, thanks for the info. I'm now pretty much sold on triple booting, although I'll probably wait for the next stable release, which looks to be coming quite soon given its almost December.