Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By AwesomePalmPre127
  1.    #1  
    Hello everyone! I've been somewhat absent from webOS for quite some time now, and, upon hearing HP's plans to shutdown the app catalog and all webOS services, I decided to dust off my touchpad and download apps while I still could. After doing a complete data reset (the catalog would not load anything) and then creating webOS volumes with tptoolbox, I was ready to run the 3.0.5 doctor. After doctoring, I created a new profile and went to the app catalog. From there, I went to preferences and accounts to enter my credit card information. However, it gave me an unfortunate message of "The action could not be completed. Try again later." Is there any way to get to the preferences and accounts menu to enter my credit card info?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The best way to get something done is to begin" ~ Author Unknown
    Have you updated the app catalog first?

There has been an update around june 2013, without that one the appcatalog does not work
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I have installed the certificate update, and installing free apps works fine. I can't figure out why it won't let me enter credit card info even though I'm in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomePalmPre127 View Post
    Yes, I have installed the certificate update, and installing free apps works fine. I can't figure out why it won't let me enter credit card info even though I'm in the US.
    Install Impostah and check Catalog Access, etc, to see what is available, all I can say.

That way you can see which country you have access to.
    Try: App Catalog Country Changer [PC]

Sometimes the country code in a Palm Profile is set to blank, and the result is always what you're describing here
  6.    #6  
    Thank you for this suggestion. I saw this and thought it might work. The program said that it was successful, yet I was still unable to input my credit card info. It must be something with my hardware or something (though I have no idea how this would affect anything). I will keep trying to get it to work!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forum Fiend v1.2.11.
  7.    #7  
    Good news - I came home today and tried the catalog again - and, for some reason, it finally let me access the preferences and accounts option. I can now purchase apps (and have done so already!). I guess with new profiles, it just takes a few days to get fully set up with the server or something. Thanks for everyone's help!
    Grabber5.0 and Preemptive like this.
    Hi! I am having the same problem here. I have been trying for about a week, but no luck. Impostah tells me that I am in the US and all is good. I am trying to buy Remix and some other paid apps before it all goes away in January.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by nokturnnia View Post
    Hi! I am having the same problem here. I have been trying for about a week, but no luck. Impostah tells me that I am in the US and all is good. I am trying to buy Remix and some other paid apps before it all goes away in January.

Any suggestions?
    Unfortunately, the app store sales ended on October 31st. You can still download free apps, and if you are still looking to buy something, you may be able to track down the developer and buy it directly

I hope you'll be around long enough to see the community-hosted Profile server go live. Everyone who will log in before January 15th will be able to migrate their Palm Profile off the HP servers before everything is gone. That will include a back-up of your purchased apps as well