Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    I've been putting off doctoring my 32GB TouchPad for a while now, I haven't been able to access pictures (media indexer is broken) along with other instability issues. I want to do it now (probably this weekend) before HP servers are shut off, and wondering what the best way to make a totally clean start. I have ACL installed and CM11, both of which I will want to reinstall, maybe a newer version of CM.

I believe CM11 needs to be uninstalled first, then I can do a full erase and rebuild from there?

Is there a way to save android game progress or app data like Save/Restore?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    If you want to start 'totally clean' I'd suggest using Touchpad Toolbox and do a 'Complete Data Reset', followed by a 'Create webOS Volumes' and only then running the webos doctor, as described in post #64 of the same thread. (The certificate fix as described under 7) didn't work for me, but as you probably know there are other ways to update the app catalog certificate). No need to manually uninstall android if you're going this route, 'Complete Data Reset' will take care of wiping everything.

I did exactly that ealier this year as I never had doctored my touchpad since getting it in the fire sale and wanted to start fresh just like you want to now. It all worked flawlessly and I can only recommend TP Toolbox. Pretty fast aswell once you start using it, but I do strongly suggest to take your time and read about it (and how and what to install in terms of CM11) first.

To save app data in android, take a look at Titanium Backup for example.
    Last edited by DocJones; 10/19/2014 at 06:04 AM.
    Remy X likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    If you want to start 'totally clean' I'd suggest using Touchpad Toolbox and do a 'Complete Data Reset', followed by a 'Create webOS Volumes' and only then running the webos doctor, as described in post #64 of the same thread. (The certificate fix as described under 7) didn't work for me, but as you probably know there are other ways to update the app catalog certificate). No need to manually uninstall android if you're going this route, 'Complete Data Reset' will take care of wiping everything.

I did exactly that ealier this year as I never had doctored my touchpad since getting it in the fire sale and wanted to start fresh just like you want to now. It all worked flawlessly and I can only recommend TP Toolbox. Pretty fast aswell once you start using it, but I do strongly suggest to take your time and read about it (and how and what to install in terms of CM11) first.

To save app data in android, take a look at Titanium Backup for example.
    Totally clean is what I want. I beta tested ACL and had several problems with my media indexer, causing device wipes when I tried fixes. I want to start fresh with CM11, ACL and webOS.
    I'll read the steps this week and tackle it next weekend.
    Thanks
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  4.    #4  
    Spurred into dealing with this by HP's server shutdown announcement, I started last night, used TouchPad Toolbox to do a complete data reset, then created webOS volumes, ran the doctor. Had issues with the App Catalog update (I'll be glad when that's no longer an issue!), got apps installed, patches done, LunaCE. Today, installed ACL, using the final version for the first time (I had installed the final release they subsequently pulled and never wanted to doctor), now using new version of CM (KitKat). I'll never understand why Google and Apple feel it necessary to change the look & layout with each release.....
    Working good so far, love the TouchPad Toolbox, that was soooo easy!
    Not to hijack, but this is sorta related:

What happens if you choose to format a drive of a device that's connected USB to windows PC? Does it wipe all existing files and then you simply run the dr? Or does it require new partitions or other steps prior to dr?

Wondering if this is quick way to a clean slate or just creating more work then necessary
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Spurred into dealing with this by HP's server shutdown announcement, I started last night, used TouchPad Toolbox to do a complete data reset, then created webOS volumes, ran the doctor. Had issues with the App Catalog update (I'll be glad when that's no longer an issue!), got apps installed, patches done, LunaCE. Today, installed ACL, using the final version for the first time (I had installed the final release they subsequently pulled and never wanted to doctor), now using new version of CM (KitKat). I'll never understand why Google and Apple feel it necessary to change the look & layout with each release.....
    Working good so far, love the TouchPad Toolbox, that was soooo easy!
    How did you do this?
    I did this but it keeps failing..

From a user perspective, it's pretty simple: copy three files when and where TPToolbox asks and then select "yes" when asked to confirm the install details.
    However, it won't accept just any three files (ROM, Recovery, GApps), so see below for what files are compatible.

Compatible KitKat/DataMedia install files
    Since TPToolbox depends on recovery to finish the install of the ROM and GApps, the recovery used must be one of three approved recoveries.
    You can choose from traditional CWM, Philz-CWM or TWRP (Note that this version of TWRP has been tested much less than the other two).

Download traditional CWM:
    http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouch...n-20140317.zip

I downloaded this file. Is there an additional Gapps download. This download was just a single zip file
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    How did you do this?
    I did this but it keeps failing..

From a user perspective, it's pretty simple: copy three files when and where TPToolbox asks and then select "yes" when asked to confirm the install details.
    However, it won't accept just any three files (ROM, Recovery, GApps), so see below for what files are compatible.

Compatible KitKat/DataMedia install files
    Since TPToolbox depends on recovery to finish the install of the ROM and GApps, the recovery used must be one of three approved recoveries.
    You can choose from traditional CWM, Philz-CWM or TWRP (Note that this version of TWRP has been tested much less than the other two).

Download traditional CWM:
    http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouch...n-20140317.zip

I downloaded this file. Is there an additional Gapps download. This download was just a single zip file
    Good point, I didn't read through the whole thread, but they don't link all three of the files in the Toolbox thread. The other downloads are found here:
    [ROM] [4.4.4] [CyanogenMod 11 by Jcsullins] … | HP TouchPad | XDA Forums
    ROM, Recovery & Gapps.
    Thanks, that was it. Of course I found it about 3 minutes before you linked me.
    Is there any way to make the WebOS partition larger using the toolbox. Now that I am done there isn't enough space for apps with WebOS. (Webos showing .5 GB free but 20 GB on Android).
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    Is there any way to make the WebOS partition larger using the toolbox. Now that I am done there isn't enough space for apps with WebOS. (Webos showing .5 GB free but 20 GB on Android).
    There is an option in the toolbox to resize the Android volumes. Did you do a complete wipe and install as posted above? I can't imagine why it would have only left .5GB free. How much total memory does it show in webOS?
    Yea, I did a complete reset. I may just go though the whole process again. This time I will make sure all my Webos apps are loaded in before I install Android.
    Guys, I can't for the life of me find the webos doctor for the TP. I keep trying the HP site, but it's not there. Where is the direct download from this forum? I used to be a regular on here for years, and I want to start completely fresh on my pad but need the doctor.

Help Please!
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Here's a fix:

I need Help installing Andriod on my Hp touchpad

23.4.17.24 cdn.downloads.palm.com
    195.22.200.42 downloads.help.palm.com
    140.211.169.161 ipkg.preware.org

Also: TIP: preware.net solutions for WOSQI, Preware v1.9.13 | pivotCE
    Remy X likes this.
    And if the hosts file fix doesn't work for you, let us know. It works for Europe, but for a couple of people here in the States it no longer does. And that includes me, the originator of this fix

Hmm... Maybe i should try using a Europe-based proxy and see what's up..
    last time they (hp) did a change (dns related), it took 1 to 2 days to propagate to europe. Anyway a set of free dns would suffice, vs using a proxy

Telecom - Italy

Libero - Italy
    Doctored my TP 4G (3.0.5), now can't get passed initial setup. I select language, then it get sot terms and conditions... where it stops.

anyone got any ideas?
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    Doctored my TP 4G (3.0.5), now can't get passed initial setup. I select language, then it get sot terms and conditions... where it stops.

anyone got any ideas?
    answering my own question. remove the SIM card :-)
    Siobhán

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Preemptive, Mutoidi and Rnp like this.
    Please help!
    Uisng Jason's tool cleared Tp, 'doctored', new boot... all fine.
    Set-up wishes WiFi connection. Enter home wifi - no luck.
    TP says: Cannot connect to the internet through this connection. Try another network.
    Even tried using the Hotspot on my phone.

Thnaks Colin
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post

anyone got any ideas?
    Can you please tell me where the doctor download can be located?
    Siobhán

MudShark22 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast