Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I have a Touchpad which wont' boot (stuck at the HP logo). I tried to sort out the issue a while back but couldn't resolve it, but now I've decided to have another go at it. Anyway, using WebOS Doctor is gets stuck at 12%, so from what I've read online, there are some commands I can run in Novaterm which may resolve the issue. Problem is, I can't get Novaterm to work. When I run novaterm.exe it brings up a terminal window, but when I try to connect (at localhost) the console just stays blank with no prompt. If I try to type anything in it, I get an error saying "Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow". From what I've found online I should be unzipping the Novaterm download to the palm\sdk\bin folder, but I don't have the WebOS SDK installed, so that folder doesn't exist on my computer. I tried just manually creating the folders, in case it needed the file path or whatever, but it still behaved the same way. Can anybody help me out with this? Thanks.
    you can use JCsullins touchpad toolbox to erase everything on the touchpad (Complete Data Reset) and then have it create the partitions for webOS. (Create webOS Volumes) This fixes the corrupt patition you are seeing stop at 12%
    (you should also flash A6 battery firmware too)

then run webOS doctor.

[TOOLS] Touchpad Toolbox | HP TouchPad | XDA Forums

You can also use it to install latest kitKat android.

You have to boot up Touchpad same as if using doctor to connect Touchpad Toolbox. (webOS recovery mode)
    Last edited by Firepower; 10/13/2014 at 04:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
    you can use JCsullins touchpad toolbox to erase everything on the touchpad (Complete Data Reset) and then have it create the partitions for webOS. (Create webOS Volumes) This fixes the corrupt patition you are seeing stop at 12%
    (you should also flash A6 battery firmware too)

then run webOS doctor.

[TOOLS] Touchpad Toolbox | HP TouchPad | XDA Forums

You can also use it to install latest kitKat android.

You have to boot up Touchpad same as if using doctor to connect Touchpad Toolbox. (webOS recovery mode)
    Thanks for the link! When I run the Complete Data Reset or the Create WebOS Volumes they fail though. CDR gives me: "ERROR: LVM configure erase check FAILED. Possible read-only failure". CWOSV gives me: "ERROR: volsizes all failed rc=1". You think this is a hardware problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by jools1976 View Post
    Thanks for the link! When I run the Complete Data Reset or the Create WebOS Volumes they fail though. CDR gives me: "ERROR: LVM configure erase check FAILED. Possible read-only failure". CWOSV gives me: "ERROR: volsizes all failed rc=1". You think this is a hardware problem?
    did anyone find a solution for "ERROR: LVM configure erase check FAILED. Possible read-only failure" on HP touchpad using touchpad toolbox?