1.    #1  
    Hi,

hindsight I probably should have looked here earlier. Well, too later for that now.

I have a TP 4G with some preware apps, patches and ACL installed which was running great safe from crashes from time to time, mostly caused by ACL, I guess.

Today however, I ended up with a "Restore required" message top right corner - which I did.
    I went through the process of the whole setup process and I think that went ok - the compatible apps showed up but of course none of the preware.
    So I turned on the devmode again, installed preware and the apps, that I remembered having on my TP.

However, some things are strange, especially wrt. patches. I re-installed the contacts patch for the C-DAV and a german keyboard layout, which worked fine.
    Preware showed me now 2 installed patches, but when I started the stock-browser, it tried to launch the ISIS Webbrowser instead, which I had not re-installed, yet. This indicates to me, that the "Make Isis Web the default web browser" patch was still active, yet it did not show up in the list. Reinstalling was possible and then it appeared.

I can't reinstall the UberCalender patch though and I wonder, if there is something left, that should not be.

Also, I opened a support request with openmobile to ask, if I need to take care of anything, before I reinstall ACL - don't want to lose anything there either.

Anything else, I can/should do now? I don't even remember all the apps and patches, I had

Thanks,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    I believe there's an "Emergency Patch Recovery" tool or some such that will allow Preware to recognize the patches that may possibly remain, and allow you to undo them so you can redo them if needed.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  3.    #3  
    Hi,

thanks. I found it on preware and if I get the description correct, it will remove any patch that may be present, so I can reinstall all that I need afterwards.

I will give it a try soon and will report back.

Cheers,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    Yes, that was always the case.. patches survive a profile wipe, but the information if they are installed or not, does not... so the patches will still be active in the background without you knowing.
    As long as the version of the patch did not change, on installing again, they will notice that they are already applied and will do nothing and show up as installed after that. But if the patch changed for any reason, you'll get a conflict. You'd have to undo the old patch and then apply the new one. But that's only possible doing manually after a profile wipe or using the Emergency Patch Recovery (which removes all patches, right? Never used it TBH).

Manual removal is possible... if you know what files the patch changes (you can open the .patch file in a text editor to find that out) you can use Internalz (for example) and browse to that directory, you'll see the modified file and a file of the same name but a different ending (something like webos original). You can then remove the modified file and rename the backup file to the old name. I'm pretty sure that is what EPR does, too. But that way you can do it selectively for some patches.
  5.    #5  
    Hi,

so that means, if a particular patch fails to install, I check the file mentioned in the log file and revert that back to its original value and start again? Maybe I'll give that a try first.

And a find for *.orig may show me all patched files then?

Still so many things to learn

The graphics started to act a little wiered also. I am seeing vertical stripes every now and then.

Regards,
    UW
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrSchwarz5 View Post
    so that means, if a particular patch fails to install, I check the file mentioned in the log file and revert that back to its original value and start again? Maybe I'll give that a try first.

And a find for *.orig may show me all patched files then?
    You can try that, yes.

The graphics started to act a little wiered also. I am seeing vertical stripes every now and then.
    Uhm.. with such issues maybe a visit to the doctor is a good idea?
    Never saw vertical stripes...
  7.    #7  
    Hi,

thanks for your answer.
    The stripes went away by now, so no immediate reason for the doctor. I am trying to avoid that if possible.
    The only problem I still have now is the Ubercalendar patch and the C+Dav and I am not sure, what to do.

The Ubercalendar HD patch claims to be installed, but I can not remove it - I think, I'll post that in the UberCalendar thread.

As for C+Dav, I try to restart over again (following the instructions on the mobo page) and see how far I get

Regards,
    UW
  8.    #8  
    As for C+Dav, I try to restart over again (following the instructions on the mobo page) and see how far I get
    That worked, my addresses and calendar items are synced again, yay

Ubercalendar ( fixed, see UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch ) and
    ACL to go

UW
    Last edited by HerrSchwarz5; 09/24/2014 at 04:26 PM. Reason: update after fix
    Great to hear.