1.    #1  
    Hi

I am not a tech bod, and i have a problem with my HP Touchpad, I have had it for a year now and everything was perfect but for the last few months, when I try to load Ebay it starts to load and then the screen goes dark and the little swirly thing in the middle spins for about 5 seconds then it trys to load again and the same thing happens over and over and this goes on for about an hour before it finally loads and the it is fine. It has no problems with any other site and and loads then instantly as it did this to start with. I have today reset the pad with a full reset but it made no difference. Sorry about the war and peace description and i hope some one can help me. Thank you everyone.
    hmm. Sounds like the browser is crashing and restarting for no obvious reason. I don't know if there's something stupidly weird that ebay's main site is doing? maybe?

are you using webOS 3.0.5 ?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I'm surprised to hear it eventually loads. Are you talking about the main eBay page or another page? It's workin for me, but I suppose it could be regional or personalized content that is causing it. YouTube has been doing this to me lately - I can't remember the last time I was able to watch a YouTube video on my Touchpad. It was such an unpleasant experience even when it did work, I usually just use my iPhone or Nexus tablet for YouTube. (Yeah, sorry :/ )

Sent using WebOS Nation mobile app
    While not exactly the same problem, I have had on ebay where the cookies that ebay saved on my touchpad's browser caused me to be unable to log in. I had to delete the cookies and then it was fine. Could there be something in the cahce or the cookies of your browser causing this?
    EBay's site is absolutely horrible. Their web master deserves a kick in the nutz. The site forces mobile on every page load even if you select classic site. I hate it. Whatever it is doing in the back ground is a mess. I can't use it on android at all.

However, i just loaded eBay.com and while it took a full minute to list its image-heavy first page, it did load completely. My TP is loading full pages, not mobile content. This is how it should be.

Here's the address to their SITE MAP page:
    Http://pages.ebay.com/sitemap.html

Maybe you can navigate from there. But as suggested above, cookies may be identifying your device incorrectly. Clear them out. EBay may not like opera browser, you may have to force desktop view.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    EBay's site is absolutely horrible. Their web master deserves a kick in the nutz. The site forces mobile on every page load even if you select classic site. I hate it. Whatever it is doing in the back ground is a mess. I can't use it on android at all.

However, i just loaded eBay.com and while it took a full minute to list its image-heavy first page, it did load completely. My TP is loading full pages, not mobile content. This is how it should be.

Here's the address to their SITE MAP page:
    Http://pages.ebay.com/sitemap.html

Maybe you can navigate from there. But as suggested above, cookies may be identifying your device incorrectly. Clear them out. EBay may not like opera browser, you may have to force desktop view.
    I used to get m.ebay.com on my FrankenPre2, but for a couple of weeks I get wap.ebay.com. I found "m" was okay, or at least I was used to it, but "wap" just stinks mostly because I won't retain the item number in links that used to take me directly to the listing...
    Tried clearing cookies with no change.
    I can hit "m" from desktop chrome emulating a nexus 4, but not from my phone.
    Wap!? C'mon ebay this is so 2000. Pre is not dumb phone. Oh well.
  8.    #8  
    Thank you so much everone, how do i clean out the cookies and catches that have been mentioned, I did do a full reset would that not have done it.