1.    #1  
    I've been searching around for a while, and it seems the only way to unlock the touchpad is to buy an unlock code. I dont want to do that. I've been doing my own unlocks for years, and I really dont feel like paying for it if I can just do it myself. So how can I generate my own code? And if there really is no way to do it, can ATT give me the code? I see that they need proof you were a customer of theirs in order to get them to unlock a device, but Ive never found it that difficult to trick them into giving me the info I need.
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Ellerbeck View Post
    I've been searching around for a while, and it seems the only way to unlock the touchpad is to buy an unlock code. I dont want to do that. I've been doing my own unlocks for years, and I really dont feel like paying for it if I can just do it myself. So how can I generate my own code? And if there really is no way to do it, can ATT give me the code? I see that they need proof you were a customer of theirs in order to get them to unlock a device, but Ive never found it that difficult to trick them into giving me the info I need.
    I'd really appreciate any response as to how I could unlock my touchpad. Even if its where I can buy one at this point. Idk what sites are trustful or not. Though I'd love to be able to get the code myself. Is CM automatically unlocked or do I need the code for web os before its unlocked?
    Take a look at this thread - members have been trying for one a while back - there may be a source posted: TouchPad 4G Unlocking source???

Also, check here: 4G TouchPad Owners Lounge