Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm new to this, and can't seem to figure out how to get my TouchPad into Dev mode, I've tried both the upupdowndown... and the webos20090606, but neither work? And so I've got it right, you simply type these into the 'Just type...' box correct? Then what hit enter???
    Hi snowrider_69 and Welcome to the webOS Nation forums!

Easiest instructions to use would be to look at the following article and scroll down slightly until you see the section marked "Put your device into Developer Mode"

How to install homebrew apps on your TouchPad or webOS smartphone | webOS Nation
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the response, but I've tried that, after typing it in and hitting enter, nothing pops up? all that's on the screen is the 'search Google' option?
    You shouldn't have to hit the "enter" button. As soon as you type "webos20090606" (without the quotes) it should pop up with this screen instantly:

If it doesn't do that, try restarting your device and trying again.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Nope, nothing... I don't get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by snowrider_69 View Post
    Nope, nothing... I don't get it?
    Is this a new touchpad or a used one? Perhaps previous owner removed the icon?

Are you already in dev mode? Plug into computer with novacom drivers installed and run wosqi if it recognizes it its already in dev mode.

otherwise, devicetool, or a doctor may be in order.
  7.    #7  
    It was new, and it won't connect to PC with wosqi and drivers...
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You shouldn't have to hit the "enter" button. As soon as you type "webos20090606" (without the quotes) it should pop up with this screen instantly:

Click to view quoted image

If it doesn't do that, try restarting your device and trying again.
    Weird that your tp has address look up as first choice. Mine has "search Google (ssl)"

OP, be sure you are typing in the "just type" bar and not the browser.

You mentioned it but i can't imagine why this thing isn't displaying for you. ?????
    As soon as you type the final 6, the icon pictured above should spring up. If not, doctor may be in order.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Weird that your tp has address look up as first choice. Mine has "search Google (ssl)"

OP, be sure you are typing in the "just type" bar and not the browser.

You mentioned it but i can't imagine why this thing isn't displaying for you. ?????
    As soon as you type the final 6, the icon pictured above should spring up. If not, doctor may be in order.
    that's not a screenshot from my device, but a picturetaken from one of the front page articles.