Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. TJB
    TJB is offline
    TJB's Avatar
    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
       #1  
    Day one Pre user. Still miss the OS. Repeat android email notifications are killing me.

    Anyway, my TP rebooted or DR itself. I lost everything. It is not allowing me to establish my WebOs account.

    In the accounts screen: HP WebOS account says Dr. Skipped First use.

    When I click on that it errors to "Must be connected to a network to communicate with HP's cloud services. Check your connections or try again."

    I am connected via wifi and I have internet access.

    Any clues on how I can restore my TP and get my patches and apps back?

    Any advice would be much appreciated.
  2. #2  
    Your Tp is in devmode, so your profile had defaulted to dr. Skipped first use.

    You can install impostah and use that to sign in to your webOS acct and delete dr. Skipped.

    Or,
    Take it out of devmode and reset the pad. It should allow you to sign in.

    Why it crashed? Idk. You should probably redoctor fresh just in case something's corrupt.
  3. TJB
    TJB is offline
    TJB's Avatar
    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Your Tp is in devmode, so your profile had defaulted to dr. Skipped first use.

    You can install impostah and use that to sign in to your webOS acct and delete dr. Skipped.

    Or,
    Take it out of devmode and reset the pad. It should allow you to sign in.

    Why it crashed? Idk. You should probably redoctor fresh just in case something's corrupt.
    Thank you I will try that..
  4. TJB
    TJB is offline
    TJB's Avatar
    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
       #4  
    Looks like I will have to re-doctor it. It has been awhile and I kind of need a refresh on how to do this. I have WebOS Quick Install and preware. But how do you DR? I think I was running a version of WebOS CE. Do I need that to DR it?

    Or is now a good time to go with ACL?
  5. #5  
    IMHO to hell with ACL. but others have installed and use it. I think more here prefer cm9 if anything, but research that. My tp is stock webOS and I'm cool with that still.

    To doctor, you just need to have the right one on your computer. It installs itself, just have java current. Turn off devmode, do a full reset, then put into usb mode so when you connect it, you're computer will see it. More detailed instructions are on this forum just search with Google and you'll find them.

    There are recovery threads already explaining better than i could, so read those.

    Reset, doctor, create profile, install app cat cert update, then use wosqi to install preware and start rebuilding your apps and patches.

    Everything you need to do is documented here, spend a little time getting familiar again.

    "It's a quest! A quest for fun."
    - Clark Griswald
  6. TJB
    TJB is offline
    TJB's Avatar
    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    IMHO to hell with ACL. but others have installed and use it. I think more here prefer cm9 if anything, but research that. My tp is stock webOS and I'm cool with that still.

    To doctor, you just need to have the right one on your computer. It installs itself, just have java current. Turn off devmode, do a full reset, then put into usb mode so when you connect it, you're computer will see it. More detailed instructions are on this forum just search with Google and you'll find them.

    There are recovery threads already explaining better than i could, so read those.

    Reset, doctor, create profile, install app cat cert update, then use wosqi to install preware and start rebuilding your apps and patches.

    Everything you need to do is documented here, spend a little time getting familiar again.

    "It's a quest! A quest for fun."
    - Clark Griswald
    "install app cat cert update"

    Is that where you turn the date back and then update the App catalog? Or is that something else?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    "install app cat cert update"

    Is that where you turn the date back and then update the App catalog? Or is that something else?
    That is correct.

Similar Threads

  1. Question on Webos speed after long time of usage
    By daexpression in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10/05/2012, 03:43 AM
  2. It's Time For HP To Throw The Long Bomb And License WebOS
    By ilovedessert in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08/18/2011, 04:57 AM
  3. WebOs 1.4 Assistance
    By russelli in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02/16/2010, 09:14 AM
  4. Long time Palm user, first time Pre owner
    By ging-ging in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01/27/2010, 10:23 AM
  5. Long Time Sprint, Long Time Palm - Gotta Switch
    By BenJoeM in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11/29/2007, 07:50 AM

Posting Permissions