1. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Day one Pre user. Still miss the OS. Repeat android email notifications are killing me.

Anyway, my TP rebooted or DR itself. I lost everything. It is not allowing me to establish my WebOs account.

In the accounts screen: HP WebOS account says Dr. Skipped First use.

When I click on that it errors to "Must be connected to a network to communicate with HP's cloud services. Check your connections or try again."

I am connected via wifi and I have internet access.

Any clues on how I can restore my TP and get my patches and apps back?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Your Tp is in devmode, so your profile had defaulted to dr. Skipped first use.

You can install impostah and use that to sign in to your webOS acct and delete dr. Skipped.

Or,
    Take it out of devmode and reset the pad. It should allow you to sign in.

Why it crashed? Idk. You should probably redoctor fresh just in case something's corrupt.
  3. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Your Tp is in devmode, so your profile had defaulted to dr. Skipped first use.

You can install impostah and use that to sign in to your webOS acct and delete dr. Skipped.

Or,
    Take it out of devmode and reset the pad. It should allow you to sign in.

Why it crashed? Idk. You should probably redoctor fresh just in case something's corrupt.
    Thank you I will try that..
  4. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Looks like I will have to re-doctor it. It has been awhile and I kind of need a refresh on how to do this. I have WebOS Quick Install and preware. But how do you DR? I think I was running a version of WebOS CE. Do I need that to DR it?

Or is now a good time to go with ACL?
    IMHO to hell with ACL. but others have installed and use it. I think more here prefer cm9 if anything, but research that. My tp is stock webOS and I'm cool with that still.

To doctor, you just need to have the right one on your computer. It installs itself, just have java current. Turn off devmode, do a full reset, then put into usb mode so when you connect it, you're computer will see it. More detailed instructions are on this forum just search with Google and you'll find them.

There are recovery threads already explaining better than i could, so read those.

Reset, doctor, create profile, install app cat cert update, then use wosqi to install preware and start rebuilding your apps and patches.

Everything you need to do is documented here, spend a little time getting familiar again.

"It's a quest! A quest for fun."
    - Clark Griswald
  6. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    IMHO to hell with ACL. but others have installed and use it. I think more here prefer cm9 if anything, but research that. My tp is stock webOS and I'm cool with that still.

To doctor, you just need to have the right one on your computer. It installs itself, just have java current. Turn off devmode, do a full reset, then put into usb mode so when you connect it, you're computer will see it. More detailed instructions are on this forum just search with Google and you'll find them.

There are recovery threads already explaining better than i could, so read those.

Reset, doctor, create profile, install app cat cert update, then use wosqi to install preware and start rebuilding your apps and patches.

Everything you need to do is documented here, spend a little time getting familiar again.

"It's a quest! A quest for fun."
    - Clark Griswald
    "install app cat cert update"

Is that where you turn the date back and then update the App catalog? Or is that something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    "install app cat cert update"

Is that where you turn the date back and then update the App catalog? Or is that something else?
    That is correct.