Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    In the menu bar at the top of the calendar that shows what calendars are active and their associated color, each one of my calendars is listed as many as 40 times!
    Each listing has a different color associated with it and repeats in a pattern through all available colors. None of the entries in the actual calendar are repeated and only the original calendar entry shows under the color I selected for it. I have gone through and manually deleted each duplicate, but they reappear when the calendar syncs again. Have also deleted and reconnected each account associated with the calendars and this does not help. I am using stock calendar on 3.0.5. The only recent modification that I have made prior to noticing this is installing the patch to fix the google sign-in error.

UPDATE 10/15/2014: Apparently this is back. Entering Airplane mode, shutting calendar off in accounts app, turning off Airplane mode, and turning calendar back on is working, though the root problem appears to be potentially more sinister (see latest posts in this thread). Luckily, Indiana, top men are investigating, top men. Thanks gizmo21, Preemptive, and frantid.
    Last edited by hitsmanj; 10/16/2014 at 10:24 AM.
    Hi,

Yes, I have this problem and posted about it on some other thread. I'm wondering if individual events are being displayed as calendars due to a sync problem, but that's pure speculation...
    Yes, I saw the same thing a few days ago, specifically with my Google calendar. Looking at some of the other threads on here, it would seem that a few other people have noticed weirdness with Google calendars and contacts in the last four or five days. Are you seeing this with Google's calendar?

My symptoms were that both the phone (pre3) and touchpad started slowing down noticeably. On the phone, I started getting the Too Many Cards error and then eventually the Application Database is Almost Full error, repeatedly. I then noticed the issue with the calendar on both devices. Turned the calendar off, and the problems went away on my Touchpad ... but I can't get the calendar to come back on now. On the phone, turning the calendar off hasn't solved anything. I finally got fed up last night and did the erase-apps-and-data thing, and I'm going to add all my accounts back this morning and see what happens.

Sorry this isn't helpful, but I thought I'd just confirm that it's not isolated to you.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    My issue with this problem is that it makes it virtually to impossible to turn off individual calendars so that I can focus on information from just one. I suspect you may be right as to this being related to Google as I am getting "check login and password" error notification for Google accounts in the email app (but I don't use Google email, just sync for contacts and calendar) All of my calendars are synced through Google, so I can't confirm if it is just isolated to Google. Calendars are syncing fine and updating regularly.
    I noticed this yesterday.

I'm getting close to blowing out everything and starting fresh. It's really aggravating so I'm just ignoring it for now.
    I haven't looked at the calendar on my Touchpad in a while.. Better take a look.
    Ah! Not immediately noticable on the phone, but I just tried to swap an event to a different calendar / colour using the drop-down list on the top-right of the event view. The colours were wrong (actually, they're right, which is why I didn't immediately notice the problem. The labels are wrong) and then I noticed that I could scroll down and down and down...

Same problem, different interface. Multiple entries of the same calendars. Still no problem in the actual timeline display or with syncing that I have noticed.

Could this actually be problems at Google? Surely they are not continuously changing the API? That would also mean updates for the apps on all platforms that are connecting. I'd imagine calendar systems and syncing is a fairly mature technology now and it's not like webOS has changed in four years...
    My calendars on my phone are all correct. Haven't had time to check my Touchpad.
    Have the same problem on my Veer, but only with Goolge calendar, the Hotmail (Live) calendar works fine.

Calendar constantly refreshes as if a new item was placed, I guess this adds every time a new calendar pane with its own color. This makes the phone slower and drains the battery faster. The only solution I found is turning off the calendar in the accounts app, so just a temporal one unfortunately.
    I noticed this problem last week but since I only work with one calendar (Google) I am not really affected. A solution would be nice though....
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    Noticed that on my phone only(pre2 daily driver). I assume that this is result of all my attempts to log on to google when we had to wait for a fix for v2 of the patch that Grabber did.
    Don't have that on my temp veer and TP, on all these 3 devices I use the same google account and only the pre2 has these symptoms.
    The way I fixed it:
    1. Removed the account from calendar accounts.
    2. Went to the Account app and enabled calendar for Google account which was disabled due to 1.

Hope that helps anybody else having that problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRS10 View Post
    Hotmail (Live) calendar works fine..
    How do you do that?! Not that I'm using hotmail calendar but just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    Noticed that on my phone only(pre2 daily driver). I assume that this is result of all my attempts to log on to google when we had to wait for a fix for v2 of the patch that Grabber did.
    Don't have that on my temp veer and TP, on all these 3 devices I use the same google account and only the pre2 has these symptoms.
    The way I fixed it:
    2. Went to the Account app and enabled calendar for Google account which was disabled due to 1.

Sounds simple...
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    The way I fixed it:

This is the fix! Interesting that completely removing and re-installing the account through the accounts manager didn't produce this result.

Thanks again.
    Just did it on my TP. It had the same issue but I didn't use the calendar there much. Was testing if gcal will sync a task created on the phone.
    The way I fixed it:

Have same Prob on TP and Pre2 and tried above on TP and it was not that easy, as the multiple duplicated calendars always resynced as it seemed not all info was deleted. Even removing the WHOLE google account in Account app didn't remove all, so here is my way (please try above solution before as Impostah is a mighty tool which can break a lot).

1. turn off wifi/data as it seemed the account always synced back the events, i could literally watch as they reappeared in the database in impostah

2. remove account from calendar app accounts - wait till removal is complete (was spinning forev
    er for me)

3. As turning on calendar back on in Accounts app let all the multiple duplicated calendar colors reappear, i removed the whole google account there

4. check again if wifi/data is turned off (see 1.)

5. Got into impostah - databases - persistent and first removed all items in:
    calendarevent.google:1
    calendar.google:1
    account.calendar.google:1
    (perhaps even contacts.google... i did that to have a clean start)

6. reboot whole device

7. Add google agin in Accounts app and also check the calendar option there and wait for resync

8. Check calendar if only all calendar (colors) are there only once

That did it for me (but wasn't brave enough to test that on my main device Pre2), but as i said try 60RHs method first.
    Frantid is there a reason for google calendars display frankensteining themselfs?
    This happened to my Pre3. I am not sure when or why it happened. I know it was after I did some travel and changed timezones for a week or so. I just turned the account calendars off while in airplane mode, waited for everything to clear. Then I turned airplane off and turned the calendars back on. Hasn't come back. I keep checking for it to happen, if it does I might be able to take a look.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    This happened to my Pre3. I am not sure when or why it happened. I know it was after I did some travel and changed timezones for a week or so. I just turned the account calendars off while in airplane mode, waited for everything to clear. Then I turned airplane off and turned the calendars back on. Hasn't come back. I keep checking for it to happen, if it does I might be able to take a look.
    Well still have a Pre2 with the symptoms if i could do some logging or you tell me where to look for i could try to check. But atm i have no clue where to start as i think it's all there and not growing anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Well still have a Pre2 with the symptoms if i could do some logging or you tell me where to look for i could try to check. But atm i have no clue where to start as i think it's all there and not growing anymore.
    I think you would have to catch it while it is growing to see anything important. If it's stable, the logs won't show much except exceptionally long sync times.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    How do you do that?! Not that I'm using hotmail calendar but just curious.
    By adding the hotmail (live) account as exchange, than there are more options besides only email.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast