Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DRS10 View Post
    By adding the hotmail (live) account as exchange, than there are more options besides only email.
    Seems like I'm almost 4 years late to the party
    With my Pre2 i had to do the same more advanced method to bring back all my accounts to normal. But now all seems good, it's still syncing though, but calendar entries are filling quickly and labels are back to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    1. turn off wifi/data as it seemed the account always synced back the events, i could literally watch as they reappeared in the database in impostah

2. remove account from calendar app accounts - wait till removal is complete (was spinning forev
    er for me)

3. As turning on calendar back on in Accounts app let all the multiple duplicated calendar colors reappear, i removed the whole google account there

4. check again if wifi/data is turned off (see 1.)

5. Got into impostah - databases - persistent and first removed all items in:
    calendarevent.google:1
    calendar.google:1
    account.calendar.google:1
    (perhaps even contacts.google... i did that to have a clean start)

6. reboot whole device

7. Add google agin in Accounts app and also check the calendar option there and wait for resync

8. Check calendar if only all calendar (colors) are there only once.
    I tried the simple remove / restore technique (with WiFi off). It seemed to work, but resyncing was taking forever with a spinner notification that seemed a little jumpy. Some stuff came back but it was taking ages.

So I tried gizmo21's method. Saw nothing when doing part 5, but took this as a good sign. The calendar restored in 5-10mins and I have the correct headers with correct colours. I'm not sure if the whole calendar is back, but current & recent events are. Also, when selecting 'Sync Now', there's a brief notification, not an eternal spinner.

Thanks!
    gizmo21 likes this.
    This problem has returned for me. No idea why - nothing changed in settings. The only thing I've noticed is that I use a service to add events (in the form of a URL) to google calendar - it's a button on the website. This opens the google calendar website on the event editing page. I then tweak the data & save, but I don't want this on the main calendar and can't select another from the drop down. The work around is to click edit to return - then the options are available to select the sub-calendar I want to use. However, if the phone has synced before that, I can get duplicates that I have to delete (one in original colour/calendar, the other as I want it). The other option is to swap it on the phone, but I think the result is the same. I don't know why this would cause the problem or why duplicates of all the other sub-calendars would appear in the drop down menu with different colours...

I followed gizmo21's method.

(Still found nothing with impostah - part 5)

"Your account is not configured for Calendar". I can't switch it on...

I have previously checked against Grabber5.0's warning & google is set to enable 'insecure' devices.

Investigating...

OK, reopening the accounts app enabled me to slide the calendar button to 'on'. Then I got the check password notification, so I re-entered the password and 'sync now'. The drop down calendars menu is back to normal - correct colour and labels - only one of each. ;-)

There's still syncing going on. I'll be back if there's a problem. Or if the multiple calendars in menu issue returns.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 10/11/2014 at 03:58 AM.
    grrr just saw mine also back with the problem and i was offline this weekend and just activated wifi 2h Abo

[2014-10-12 13:23:10] (calendar.google.jsjsjs) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$] $Error$: $palm$://$com$.$palm$.$systemservice$/$timezone$/$getTimeZoneRules$ [{&$quot$;$tz$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$undefined$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$years$&$quot$;:[$2007$,$null$,$2009$,$2010$,$2011$,$2012$,$2013$,$2014$,$2015$,$2016$,$2017$,$2018$,$2019$]}]: $Message$ $status$ $unknown$. $at$ $Object$.$create$ (/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$structure$/$err$.$js$:$5$:$17$) $at$ /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$comms$/$palmcall$.$js$:$158$:$16$ $at$ $Future$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; (/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$control$/$future$.$js$:$228$:$17$) $at$ $Timer$.$dispatch$ [$as$ $callback$] (/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$control$/$queue$.$js$:$72$:$16$) $at$ $node$.$js$:$28$:$97$

[2014-10-12 13:43:37] (calendar.google.jsjsjs) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$] ----&$gt$;&$gt$;&$gt$;&$gt$; $Sync$ $window$ $for$ $calendar$ '$xxxxx$' $from$ $Sat$ $Oct$ $11$ $2014$ $17$:$47$:$56$ $GMT$+$0200$ ($CEST$) $to$ $Fri$ $Oct$ $12$ $2018$ $15$:$43$:$37$ $GMT$+$0200$ ($CEST$)
    I think they are making changes to the calendar api. Google is shutting down the earlier versions of the api on Nov 14, 2014. I'm fairly sure, this will affect us all. Hopefully the caldav solution will work from then on. But I worry about the 100,000 calls a day limit by the service. (A limit based on the developer ID of any google api using app). Anyone know someone who might have knowledge of an old Palm or HP developer ID from google that has larger api limits?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I've PM'd you (and others). We'll put some kind of guide up on pivotCE before the shut down. Garfonso tells me that CalDav should handle all the syncing fine.
    Thanks for pointing me to the thread, Preemptive! This worked for my Pre 3 (airplane mode, calendar off, airplane mode, calendar on). Plus I was nosing around in Impostah while doing it and saw how to fix my (unrelated) broken EAS work calendar, which in turn also fixed my EAS contact lookups.

'Atsa good day right there.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Actually, since doing this I have a new issue. It seems like when I open an email from Gmail (and a Gmail sender) that has Synergy-linked contacts from my work EAS account, the email opens then immediately Synergy links like 15 clearly unrelated contacts to the sender. I have to manually break them apart and put them back together.

After 5 years of working like magic, how does Synergy lose it's mind like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    grrr just saw mine also back with the problem and i was offline this weekend and just activated wifi 2h ago

[2014-10-12 13:23:10] (calendar.google.jsjsjs) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$] $Error$: $palm$://$com$.$palm$.$systemservice$/$timezone$/$getTimeZoneRules$ [{&$quot$;$tz$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$undefined$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$years$&$quot$;:[$2007$,$null$,$2009$,$2010$,$2011$,$2012$,$2013$,$2014$,$2015$,$2016$,$2017$,$2018$,$2019$]}]: $Message$ $status$ $unknown$. $at$ $Object$.$create$ (/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$structure$/$err$.$js$:$5$:$17$) $at$ /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$comms$/$palmcall$.$js$:$158$:$16$ $at$ $Future$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; (/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$control$/$future$.$js$:$228$:$17$) $at$ $Timer$.$dispatch$ [$as$ $callback$] (/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$control$/$queue$.$js$:$72$:$16$) $at$ $node$.$js$:$28$:$97$

[2014-10-12 13:43:37] (calendar.google.jsjsjs) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$] ----&$gt$;&$gt$;&$gt$;&$gt$; $Sync$ $window$ $for$ $calendar$ '$xxxxx$' $from$ $Sat$ $Oct$ $11$ $2014$ $17$:$47$:$56$ $GMT$+$0200$ ($CEST$) $to$ $Fri$ $Oct$ $12$ $2018$ $15$:$43$:$37$ $GMT$+$0200$ ($CEST$)
    So after having constantly errors in lumberjack and battery seemed to be sucked up even faster, i did the remove/enabled procedure successfully again.

As it seems google won't fix this or even shutting down this API on 14th nov., i continued with testing the calDAV connector c+DAV and now managed to also have shared friends and websites calendars to be shown.

The read only version of C+DAV seems to be promising right now: C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem... Did the simple delete account and wait (hours...) then added it back. Was fine, now I have tons of duplicates again. Can someone share the other thread with the fix? Or go into detail about the CalDav method?

Thanks in advance!!
    The remove and re-add method should work again - no need to wait hours.

But if you want to go right ahead and install the new connector, it is here:
    C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud

While you are here, are you aware of this issue?
    HP to Shut Down Catalog and Cloud Services | pivotCE
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12