Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  1.    #1  
    I've been searching for a while now, and it seems I can only find forum posts asking how to tether their phone to the touchpad. I want to do the opposite. Im going to Canada in a few weeks, and my cell phone carrier is Republic wireless. For those of you that don't know, Republic wireless has the ability to make calls both off wifi and cell. I wont have cell service in Canada, so I figured I'd buy an unlocked Touchpad 4G, put CM 9 or 10 onto it, and get a sim down there to put into it. Now is there any way to tether my internet connection from my Touchpad to my android phone in either Web OS, or Cyanogen, with either wifi tethering or bluetooth?
    Thanks for any help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Ellerbeck View Post
    I've been searching for a while now, and it seems I can only find forum posts asking how to tether their phone to the touchpad. I want to do the opposite. Im going to Canada in a few weeks, and my cell phone carrier is Republic wireless. For those of you that don't know, Republic wireless has the ability to make calls both off wifi and cell. I wont have cell service in Canada, so I figured I'd buy an unlocked Touchpad 4G, put CM 9 or 10 onto it, and get a sim down there to put into it. Now is there any way to tether my internet connection from my Touchpad to my android phone in either Web OS, or Cyanogen, with either wifi tethering or bluetooth?
    Thanks for any help!
    Try this: put freetether app on your Tp, set it up to be a hot spot, put your phone in airplane mode then turn on Wi-Fi, and see what you get!

You can do this now for free while you wait for responses from those experienced with 4g tablets. Good luck.
    I use my TP 4G daily for this :-) I have 50MB limit on my corporate sim that's in my Veer. My wife has a 4GB limit and a 2nd sim with her subscription, so I use that in my TP4G with FreeTether and connect my Veer to it using wifi :-) I tested this with my Windows 7 laptop as well sometime to get around the corporate proxy for some blocked sites like GMail or YouTube, working fine :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    TJs11thPre likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the help! My touchpad 4g should be here in a few days and its good to know I can get this working!