Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    several months ago my exchange account quit working on my touchpad, I finally deleted it and when I tried to reinstate it, I always get bad username or password. error details - error code 1000, http error:403.

    help
  2. #2  
    I had a couple of exchange account stop working also. From my side, the certificates used were no longer valid/supported.
  3. #3  
    ...so you may be able to visit a website associated with the exchange server, and pick up a valid certificate that way, if that is indeed the problem
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  4. traveld's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I had a couple of exchange account stop working also. From my side, the certificates used were no longer valid/supported.
    Does that mean that MS Exchange cannot be accesssed on the TP anymore? What about Hotmail accounts? It shows up in my account listing with a yellow triangle, but I cannot do anything with it. Tapping it opens a blank screen, I cannot even delete it to try and reload.

    It seems that none of my email accounts work anymore. Yahoo keeps trying to sync and Gmail won't even set up.

    Does anyone have any solutions?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by traveld View Post
    Does that mean that MS Exchange cannot be accesssed on the TP anymore? What about Hotmail accounts? It shows up in my account listing with a yellow triangle, but I cannot do anything with it. Tapping it opens a blank screen, I cannot even delete it to try and reload.

    It seems that none of my email accounts work anymore. Yahoo keeps trying to sync and Gmail won't even set up.

    Does anyone have any solutions?
    Hotmail still works as long as you update the certificate, via the browser or my 'patch' package (really it is a script that updates it for you). There are also patches to fix Yahoo and Gmail sync/setup problems. Links for all of those are in my signature.
  6. traveld's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Hotmail still works as long as you update the certificate, via the browser or my 'patch' package (really it is a script that updates it for you). There are also patches to fix Yahoo and Gmail sync/setup problems. Links for all of those are in my signature.
    I will try this when I get home today. Which is the patch to fix Hotmail? The Update GlobalSign certs? Otherwise, how do I find and update the certificate for it?

    Thank you. This is all so helpful for the novice user.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by traveld View Post
    I will try this when I get home today. Which is the patch to fix Hotmail? The Update GlobalSign certs? Otherwise, how do I find and update the certificate for it?

    Thank you. This is all so helpful for the novice user.
    Yes, that is the right one for the hotmail cert.
  8. traveld's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    #8  
    I was able to add my gmail account with no problem. The Yahoo account is still defective. It continuously tries to sync and keeps sending me back to input login information. I have had no success with Hotmail. The account is listed with the yellow triangle. I still cannot do anything with it. When I launch it, I get a blank screen. I cannot even delete the account. I tried to add a Microsoft Exchange account, but it tells me that account has already been created, but it does not show up on my account list. Prior to all this humbug, I did have all of these accounts on the TP at one time.

    I checked the patches that are loaded, using PreWare, only the google and yahoo patches show up. The global cert patch is not there even though I've installed, or at least tried to install several times. I used the same steps as the google and yahoo patches.

    Here's what shows up in Patches:
    Google sync fix for https
    Yahoo sync fix for https

    This is the patch file that I downloaded from the forum: com.grabber.globalsigncerts_1.0.2_all.ipk
    Is this the correct one?

    Can you help?

    Thanks
  9. MikeN68's Avatar
    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    #9  
    traveld,

    For your Hotmail, did you try [Solved] Microsoft Outlook Certificate Expired
  10. #10  
    I had a similar issue with my Loyola University account that was resolved this way. Provided, your incoming mail server and @ will be slightly different. Hope this helps!

    Email Address: [username]@luc.edu
    Incoming Mail Server: https://outlook.office365.com
    Domain: adms
    Username: [username]@luc.edu
    Password:


    Sincerely,
    ~Ted
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
  11. traveld's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    traveld,

    For your Hotmail, did you try [Solved] Microsoft Outlook Certificate Expired
    Yes, tried both the outlook and Hotmail addresses. Only get a blank screen, no prompt to trust certificates. Is this a lost cause?
  12. #12  
    Which patch (if any) can be used to fix my yellow triangle issue:

    Synergy account for google - my correct email and password yields 'unknown error' and I always get contant notifications to check it.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by synchron View Post
    Which patch (if any) can be used to fix my yellow triangle issue:

    Synergy account for google - my correct email and password yields 'unknown error' and I always get contant notifications to check it.
    I used the one that Grabber5.0 has in his sig file.. worked like a charm for me
    [Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in)
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sidotij View Post
    I used the one that Grabber5.0 has in his sig file.. worked like a charm for me
    [Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in)
    Thanks, worked perfectly.

Similar Threads

  1. modify username on exchange account
    By rblack in forum webOS Synergy and Synchronization
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08/22/2010, 05:33 PM
  2. WebOS 1.2.1 Exchange username/password (lockout password)
    By dhmantell in forum webOS Synergy and Synchronization
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10/30/2009, 02:18 PM
  3. OWA - rejecting username and password
    By cwf42 in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06/08/2009, 02:42 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09/23/2006, 10:30 AM
  5. Treo 600 p bad username or password???
    By brvheart in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04/30/2005, 08:45 PM

Posting Permissions