1.    #1  
    Hi all,

on my TP 4G I have the regular "feature", that while it claims to have a data connection, it actually does not.
    There is a 3G symbol and some bars, but nothing is transmitted. The apps don't complain about "no internet connection" but just don't get data.

As a simple Airplane mode -> no Airplane mode fixes it, I do believe it is something stuck on the TP rather than a bad net. However, as there is no indication, I don't even know if the cycle is required.
    I do not recall having seen that in wi-fi mode.

Anyone with similar issues and maybe a solution?

Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrSchwarz5 View Post
    Hi all,

on my TP 4G I have the regular "feature", that while it claims to have a data connection, it actually does not.
    There is a 3G symbol and some bars, but nothing is transmitted. The apps don't complain about "no internet connection" but just don't get data.

As a simple Airplane mode -> no Airplane mode fixes it, I do believe it is something stuck on the TP rather than a bad net. However, as there is no indication, I don't even know if the cycle is required.
    I do not recall having seen that in wi-fi mode.

Anyone with similar issues and maybe a solution?

Regards,
    UW
    well I've got a tp3g too and the only time I've had something like this happen, I was using a card that while yes worked in a phone I had and got data, it was not supported by the TP, so I connected to the network but wouldn't transmit data. Or at least that's how att explained it to me. Put my pre3 sim in my TP and everything is great.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by usafandersons View Post
    well I've got a tp3g too and the only time I've had something like this happen, I was using a card that while yes worked in a phone I had and got data, it was not supported by the TP, so I connected to the network but wouldn't transmit data. Or at least that's how att explained it to me. Put my pre3 sim in my TP and everything is great.
    Hi,

thanks for the answer, but I don't think it is a problem with the sim card. Most times it does work just fine (like at the moment, as I am posting this on the TP)

Any other ideas?

Cheers,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
  4.    #4  
    The "feature" is still there.

No one else having this? On the other hand, the number of people with a similar setup (TP 4G with ACL running) is probably virtually 0

Cheers,
    UW
    Question for you. I have 4g touchpad with ACL installed. Are you trying to use 4g with the android apps or with WebOS apps? To get 4g on my pad, I must go to phone app, preferences, and turn on data. I then get an H+ symbol and data works with my webOS apps. Not sure about ACL as I don't use it much unless I am on WiFi. Does your ACL apps work on WiFi? Note I am not in area to get a strong if any 4g signal.
  6.    #6  
    Hi,

for me it is about webOS, but if my TP looses the connection, that applies for the android side as well. ACL uses the existing data or wifi connection just fine.

As I wrote in the first post, the data connection generally works just fine, sometimes the connection is just no longer active.

Regards,
    UW