Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Hi guys!... I would install the CM 11 on my HP Touchpad. I have tried with flash of zip, but this not have worked. Now, I understand that i should update, the CMW before, true?
    How can do this?... and especially where can find the file with update of CWM? Thank to all
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Head over to XDA forums for the Touchpad as there are several ROMS available.
    There is also a great installation tool called Touchpad Toolbox for installing that
    is really a stroke of genius.

Take your time in deciding which is best for your needs.
    I am running Kitkat 4.4.4 on several Touchpads and am really pleased with the results.
    Pre 2, TouchPad 32
    My Touchpad has been acting up lately and I need to run the Doctor to get it back to a smooth state. But that means reinstalling CM too. Glad GiffordT pointed out the Toolbox! I didn't know about that one (it's been a while since I installed my version). Hopefully I can pick a good version of CM for my device.
    Android dummy here - having used that wonderful tool and installed an Android ROM, if I want to change to a different ROM, will that wipe all the apps etc that I have installed? Any advice gratefully received...
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    The recommendation using Toolbox is to do a clean install. That means wiping the data.
    Of note is that you must follow the naming conventions as indicated in the XDA forum.
    For me that meant renaming the gapps files to 4.4.2 instead of 4.4.4 when I installed Kitkat 4.4.4.
    Pre 2, TouchPad 32
    On my spare TP, I have one of the legacy ROMs supported by tptoolbox - Shumash's Schizoid ROM, which combines elements of CM10.1, Paranoid Android and AOKP. Its JB 4.2.2.

You can find links for the ROM over at XDA. Google "shumash schizoid kang"

When combined with an android launcher, the amount of control over the UI / UX is nice (e.g. dpi per app)
    Still not webos though
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    If you follow this step by step guide you will not go wrong. KK has been very stable on my Tp, I use Milaq's roms and they also have an auto update feature that works well "most" of the time

[ROM GUIDE]How to install Android 4.4.2 Data Media builds on the HP TouchPad - Post #2 - XDA Forum
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I use the jcsullins CyanogenMod 11 Rom and run Kitkat 4.4.4. Look around the XDA forum for the latest version which is 06/25/2014.
    Used Toolbox and the naming convention as outlined in the XDA forum and my post above.
    Have installed on 2 TP's and will install on 2 more....works great.
    Pre 2, TouchPad 32
    Anyone happen to know what the latest greatest best thing to run with a 4G TP is? that hopefully gets Cell, Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, etc ? :-)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Flintman has been working on Evervolv ROM for the 4G TP. Go to the XDA developers site to follow the progress.
    Not sure what is working and what is not.
    Pre 2, TouchPad 32