1.    #1  
    I was wondering if it would be possible to create some method to bring the TP out of USB mode from the TP itself without having to reboot. Such as some kind of eject button. The reason I ask is that I wanted to watch a movie stored on the TP on my 60" sadly pre webOS LG plasma and I connected it to the TV without issue. When I went to eject the TP from the TV, it showed disconnected but it did not send whatever signal the TP looks for in the unmount request so I had to hard boot it. Of course in android this is not as much an issue, but I use the WebOS side more often and just thought I would ask.

Has anyone tried this with one of the WebOS enabled LG's?

(BTW I did search for this but I did not see anything, just in case I missed it.)
    Last edited by joeytino; 07/10/2014 at 07:01 PM.
    Interesting question. I suppose there is either a code/signal sent to the device (TP or any other USB device) or the device itself detects that the connection to it has closed. I've often shut down my PC having forgotten to eject. The phone comes out of USB mode but makes a complaining message. I've also had trouble ejecting on windows even when I've finished doing stuff as the PC seems to think I'm still sending data. Sometimes closing the program that had a file open does the trick - even if I already saved and closed the file. The machine obviously is maintaining a connection between the program and the USB partition.

If the TV OS has no eject function, maybe it's possible to make a TV app that just lists attached devices and allows you to eject them.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Interesting question. I suppose there is either a code/signal sent to the device (TP or any other USB device) or the device itself detects that the connection to it has closed. I've often shut down my PC having forgotten to eject. The phone comes out of USB mode but makes a complaining message. I've also had trouble ejecting on windows even when I've finished doing stuff as the PC seems to think I'm still sending data. Sometimes closing the program that had a file open does the trick - even if I already saved and closed the file. The machine obviously is maintaining a connection between the program and the USB partition.

If the TV OS has no eject function, maybe it's possible to make a TV app that just lists attached devices and allows you to eject them.
    It's obvious that there is something else going on that WebOS cries Owww! if you do not disconnect gracefully so the question for me is what is it looking for that says OK I will release my death grip on your PC? In my case the TV does have an eject function and when I used it the Touchpad disappeared from the available list but did not get the memo and remained in USB mode.
    Have you tried the samba file sharing apps from preware? With that you should be able to create a network share with all of your movies and never even have to physically connect to the TV at all. That is assuming the TV supports Windows network shares, but I would be somewhat surprised if it didn't.

Good luck!