Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MikeN68
  • 1 Post By MikeN68
  1.    #1  
    I have one.
    I wanted android on it but it was just to complicated for me to complete on my own ):
    I hate webos software.

So are they done being updated?
    And can anyone guide me through installing it??
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Hmm. webOS ia amazingly easy and intuitive, but let down by its lack of development and old hardware. But I still use the Pre3 and Touchpad everyday. Yes, official support kinda finished before it started . . . .

However, if you do want to replace webOS with Android, head over to XDA (TouchPad Development - xda-developers) and check out the Touchpad Toolbox thread. Then choose a ROM to install.
    geekpeter likes this.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Yes, use Touchpad Toolbox to install Android.
    Here is a link that may help to walk you through it:
    How to use TouchPad Toolbox to install Android, erase webOS on the HP TouchPad - Liliputing

Spend a little time at XDA reading the posts on the roms for the TP. There are several available to install.
    Look for the ones with the least amount of issues. My personal choice was KitKat by jcsullins. He is also the
    developer for Toolbox.
    Pre 2, TouchPad 32
    if anything id still recommend keeping webOS installed even if the OP doesnt like it, even if only to fix potential future android issues, you can mount the android partitions in webOS and replace broken files, revert changes to config files etc etc.

with only 1 OS present, if anything goes wrong your potentially knackered.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I totally agree with geekpeter, although the webOS bootie remains present so whatever happens you can then use TP Toolbox to reinstall Android or set it to re-create the partitions for webOS and then install webOS again like 'new'.

Personally I dual boot one of mine and have ACL on both of them.

But you MUST read up on it and ask questions in the XDA forums. They're a nice bunch really.
    garrydal likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    if anything id still recommend keeping webOS installed even if the OP doesnt like it, even if only to fix potential future android issues, you can mount the android partitions in webOS and replace broken files, revert changes to config files etc etc.

with only 1 OS present, if anything goes wrong your potentially knackered.
    Sorry to change the subject but I did the android thing and it did good for a long time but now I can't sign into google and sometimes I have internet and sometimes I don't, any thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by tmb196144 View Post
    Sorry to change the subject but I did the android thing and it did good for a long time but now I can't sign into google and sometimes I have internet and sometimes I don't, any thoughts.
    you only have issues on the touchpad when signing in to google? do you have any other "native" android devices that have the same issue or are they fine? do you have 2 step verification on your google account? which variant of android have you got on your touchpad?

any more info you can squeeze the better.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<