Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gizmo21
  1.    #1  
    I just found my HP TouchPad after a year of not being sure where I'd put it. I've been trying to turn it on, which if memory serves involves pushing and holding the button in the top left. I do this, however there is no response.

I had been letting it charge at the outlet for several hours up to this point. I can't tell if it's charging or what - the button at the bottom if it, under the screen, is glowing and doing a left-right-left-right pattern. I don't remember if this is normal.

It might be worth mentioning that I am not using the charger that came with it. I have no idea where that charger might be. Does it matter?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Hi,
    There are several threads regarding this issue.

Just dig through them.

But, first!, let it stay on the charger for one or two days - yes days! Worked with mine just fine. Didn't have to do any tricks or magic, just charged it for some days after it has been without power for a week or so and - wow - somewhen it turned on and everything runs perfekt.

And here two relevant threads:

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rn-charge.html

Revived Touchpad... my story, full instructions...

Best Jrg
    Quote Originally Posted by RewWo View Post
    I just found my HP TouchPad after a year of not being sure where I'd put it. I've been trying to turn it on, which if memory serves involves pushing and holding the button in the top left. I do this, however there is no response.

I had been letting it charge at the outlet for several hours up to this point. I can't tell if it's charging or what - the button at the bottom if it, under the screen, is glowing and doing a left-right-left-right pattern. I don't remember if this is normal.

It might be worth mentioning that I am not using the charger that came with it. I have no idea where that charger might be. Does it matter?
    Most webOS devices power on when the charger is activated, by the correct USB plug or a touchstone. If yours didn't wake up, just leave it til it does. But if you can, confirm that is a 2.0amp with data capable cable.
    as on the other threads and own experince a deep sleep TP is best revived by charging on a 500mA charger or PC usb:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3414837
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    as on the other threads and own experince a deep sleep TP is best revived by charging on a 500mA charger or PC usb:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3414837
    This forces a trickle charge? Very interesting!
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the links and input. I'm leaving mine plugged into my desktop for a few days, hope it works.

Oddly I can't get it to display the blinking light anymore, plugged into the wall or into the computer.

What a strange device this is.
    Yes, what gizmo says is important. A 2A charger seems to require too much logic inside the TP to work until power is flowing... better use something real dump like trickle charging with a PC or the dump 1A chargers that come with the phones where the datacable just gets short circuited.
    All the ones I've had this happen on would not boot until plugged into a 2A charger for many hours.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: