1.    #1  
    So I tried to see if the spotify web player would work on the touchpad. It loaded the page but only the background is visible, no Playlist or anything. Does it work for anyone of is it just my device?

Also has anyone had success installing spotify app on touchpad?
    Does the same for me

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  3.    #3  
    What a pity, I like playing music on touchpad speakers than on my laptop
  4.    #4  
    Any chance spotify for linux could work?
    I wondered, but I doubt it. More than likely it is a QT or GTK app. They can be run on webOS as evidenced by the QT browser test apps, but I'm sure there are other dependencies for something like Spotify. I haven't tried installing the phone app, but I'm sure it would work.

Well, the phone app kind of freaks out on the Touchpad - the keyboard keeps opening and closing and anything you try to type in the username field gets immediately cleared out. Going to need patching.
  7.    #7  
    Wow. Seems like a lot of trouble, not a big deal we know some things can't work on our old machines. Thanks for checking
    For what it's worth, I recall having problems with the spotify app on the phone on first use. I don't recall exactly, but it may have been crashing or the sign in screen kept reloading or opening or something. With great persistence, I finally managed to enter my login details and the app was fine after that. I don't have a paid account and don't use spotify much on the phone, but it plays local files fine and one time there was some kind of promotion/free trial of premium and the streaming all worked fine.

I think there was some hooha about free accounts getting mobile access, but I don't know if that ever happened for webOS or if there's been any API change. If it still works on phones then there are possibly 2 problems on the TP - that the app won't run on 3.0.5 or that first logging in is the problem. So if there is a way to copy over a token or patch the login process, the maybe the rest of the app is OK?

This is just a suggestion based on my own experience. Spotify looked very broken until I manged to login - then it was fine (on a phone).
    It is not listed in Save/Restore. If it uses sqlite or cookies, it should work. The only reason I'm really using it much is I got a 6 month free trial of Spotify Premium from Sprint.

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 07/03/2014 at 10:25 PM.
    In order to get the Spotify app running on the Touchpad, you need to manually install copies of a couple of the program files in a couple of directories. Here are the directions I used:

Want to install Spotify on your HP TouchPad? - Engadget

There's a link to an HD patch for the TP on the forums:

Touchpad HD Patches

I've also found that a Luna restart is insufficient. You'll probably need to reboot the TP after installing and placing all the files in the right directories. Without the additional files, you'll get the instant reloading of the login screen and the app will never work.

Works fine for me with the above directions on my TP and my Go. The Spotify phone app also worked for me on my Pre3 running 2.2.4 and will work through Bluetooth with my car stereo. I don't remember if I needed a restart for that. I also get the occasional error with Spotify not recognizing the TP 4G's cell modem connection.
    Wow, that's a lot more involved than I expected. Sounds like it's worth the effort.
    It takes a few minutes, but it's worth it.

I should also note that Spotify only lets you download music to three devices at most. If you dual-boot your TP, that's two of them. I went for "device" number 4 and Spotify deleted my downloaded music from all of my devices. I could download it again. but that was annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by krotech View Post
    In order to get the Spotify app running on the Touchpad, you need to manually install copies of a couple of the program files in a couple of directories. Here are the directions I used:

Want to install Spotify on your HP TouchPad? - Engadget

There's a link to an HD patch for the TP on the forums:

Touchpad HD Patches

I've also found that a Luna restart is insufficient. You'll probably need to reboot the TP after installing and placing all the files in the right directories. Without the additional files, you'll get the instant reloading of the login screen and the app will never work.

Works fine for me with the above directions on my TP and my Go. The Spotify phone app also worked for me on my Pre3 running 2.2.4 and will work through Bluetooth with my car stereo. I don't remember if I needed a restart for that. I also get the occasional error with Spotify not recognizing the TP 4G's cell modem connection.

That is totally correct. Spotify is (still) working like charm on the TP with the HD-Patch.

I recently read a review about streaming music provider and noticed that Webos was listed as one of the supported mobile clients 8-D, although I found no way to download the SW from their websites.
    Spotify with HD patch works fine for me 99.5% of the time I use daily.
    On the odd occasion I get the keyboard jumping up and down issue then it goes to enter password screen but cannot enter. I then restart touchpad and all is well again.

I was daunted first time about entering the code above but it takes but a few mins.

PD
  15.    #15  
    Just spent some time installing spotify and the hd patch. Works fine, thanks all