Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Saijin_Naib
  • 2 Post By PalmPixi_User23
  1.    #1  
    Recently I was in a long distance relationship then everything went south and I ended up with a severely painful breakup. It's so bad to the point where I don't want to have anything to do with technology because the inner me has disappeared. I have thought this over many times and it's come to the conclusion were I can easily get rid of my iPhones,Xbox,ps4,etc but the thought of giving up my webos devices just makes me freeze in my very tracks. So I'm calling on the community to help me decide what to do (I know this sounds a bit stupid) but in a way we are family as a community so I do deeply care about your opinion. thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't sell your webOS devices if I were you. I understand not wanting to use them now but chances are if you were to sell them eventually you'll wish you still had them. Turn them off and put them in a box in your closet or under your bed until you're ready for them again.

Another way to look at it is while you can easily sell the other things and buy new (probably better) ones down the line webOS devices have become a niche collectors item that both would require extra effort to sell and find again later.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Mrmarquis, I hope you are doing better. I've had my share of terrible break-ups and heartbreak, so I know how you might be feeling. You're never alone, don't forget that. You always have family and friends, and they're always there for you when you really need their help.

Just know that you have the power to feel good. Maybe not today, but soon. It is up to you, and you'll get there. Also know that no matter how bad you feel, you've grown as a person, and you will be better off for the suffering. Tomorrow will see a better you, and anything you learn from is a great experience once you get far enough away from it to gain perspective.

As for selling things, sometimes it is really cathartic to do so. But like cbosdell said, you'll regret selling your webOS devices.

This year I ran on hard financial times so I sold my Pixi+, Veer, Pre2, and Pre3. I have no more webOS devices, and I really, really miss them. I miss them enough that I'm trying to work with EricBlade and herrie and morphis to get open webOS running on a ZTE Open C FirefoxOS device :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    ...I'm trying to work with EricBlade and herrie and morphis to get open webOS running on a ZTE Open C FirefoxOS device...
    Is there an Open project somewhere? Where can I find out more on this?
    Thanks
    Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Thanks
    Vas
    http://webos-ports.org
    I was going to sell my old phones I have, but their value is soo low these days to sell, its almost not worth it. Every so often I get the box out, boot them up, cry a little then put it away again.

I would have to say it feels like a bad breakup for me with webOS every time I open that box of devices. If you sell them, it won't be the only bad breakup you will have haha.

Sorry about the breakup, they suck...Whatever your feeling thats causing you to disconnect, it will get better and you will then wonder why you got rid of stuff eventually. I have days that I wish I didn't sell my Samsung Instinct phone and it sucked.

Goodluck.
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Thanks
    Vas
    Vas, right now we're in the planning stages as the ZTE Open C hasn't arrived yet. I'll keep you guys updated on our progress as it goes along.
    i agree with the crowd on this one. not much point in selling web os stuff since

a) the small amount of money you'll get and
    b)the collectors value they must have for you at this point since you have held on to them for this long.
    c)if you sell of you iphone, you'll need somthing that can place and receive calls unless you plan on sticking to a land line
    d)seems you associate your webos stuff as much to webosnatation as you do your former relationship.

I personally have found burning pictures to be of high therapeutic value in a time such as this. now were in an all digital age with nothing to burn. Another hidden price of progress.
    Well first off, going off of what xortenterprises says, I suggest you build a wooden model home, and set it on fire with a voodoo doll of your ex in it. And then, keep you webOS devices.
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for all the comments guys. I will keep them just in case one day I want to use them. If you all can do me a favor and keep me in your prayers (if you have a religion) thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by ryancell View Post
    I was going to sell my old phones I have, but their value is soo low these days to sell, its almost not worth it. Every so often I get the box out, boot them up, cry a little then put it away again.

I would have to say it feels like a bad breakup for me with webOS every time I open that box of devices. If you sell them, it won't be the only bad breakup you will have haha..
    I thought I was the only one who went all watery eyes when I start using my WebOS, I even started building my touchpad from the garage(about 6 months ago) makes me cry in outrage out of the things that of WebOS could've been if HP could have better management and vision including all of the things from the "Verge" web article of all the plans of the team of Palm including WebOS software big update named Eel. Mostly I get angry because of the broken promises like "Isis" or a promise of that update WebOS 3.0.6 or 2.2.5 that never came or release to the public. Plus, lets not even talk about the Palm Pre 3 having Front facing camera.... due to any software update its pretty much useless and also the lack of developers in the webOS ecosystem makes me angry.

sorry about the ranting here, sorry again

Wishing good luck to the poster, and hope you get past your heartbreak soon....
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    barryb20 and cbosdell like this.
    Well... here in Brazil, we have a dictation that say: there is a lot of men that go out from work early and find his woman with his best friend in the sofa. To solve this situation, they sell the sofa and continue with his life...

Don't leave your devices be your sofa: maintain all stuff with you, and just forget inside your closet for now...

Who knows if they can help you to pass this situation in next times...?

Good luck, guy...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Hummm... now that I'm reading again... my analogy is not good for this case...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Well... here in Brazil, we have a dictation that say: there is a lot of men that go out from work early and find his woman with his best friend in the sofa. To solve this situation, they sell the sofa and continue with his life...

Don't leave your devices be your sofa: maintain all stuff with you, and just forget inside your closet for now...

Who knows if they can help you to pass this situation in next times...?

Good luck, guy...

Best Regards...
    actually my ex was brazillian small work huh? lol but I will be using them but currently I want to distance myself from technology
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I thought I was the only one who went all watery eyes when I start using my WebOS, I even started building my touchpad from the garage(about 6 months ago) makes me cry in outrage out of the things that of WebOS could've been if HP could have better management and vision including all of the things from the "Verge" web article of all the plans of the team of Palm including WebOS software big update named Eel. Mostly I get angry because of the broken promises like "Isis" or a promise of that update WebOS 3.0.6 or 2.2.5 that never came or release to the public. Plus, lets not even talk about the Palm Pre 3 having Front facing camera.... due to any software update its pretty much useless and also the lack of developers in the webOS ecosystem makes me angry.

sorry about the ranting here, sorry again

Wishing good luck to the poster, and hope you get past your heartbreak soon....
    thanks, and I feel the same way with all the empty promises that HP gave :/