Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I have been struggling with my TP since the beginning of the year. I really would like to get it back and running, but I am at a loss. I am not tech savvy so a lot of the terms thrown about in these forum posts are above my head. But I am trying to understand the various instructions and have attempted to follow some of them.

I've been reading posts on debricking and webdoctoring, etc. I'm not exactly sure what my problem is. I believe my TP is charging. It gets warm, but the home button does not flash. All I see is the HP logo. When I unplug the charger, eventually it discharges and the HP logo goes away. After plugging it back in, the unit charges and all I get is the HP logo again.

When I depress the power, home and volume down button, the hp logo will turn off. When I depress the power and volume up button, the USB symbol comes on, but my PC does not recognize the TP connection.

The last time that I was able to recover and start to run the doctor, it did not complete. I tried several times. I abandoned that effort and was able to use the TP as-is for awhile, but then it died again and that is where I am now.

I would really appreciate a how-to recover my TP for dummies lesson if someone has the patience to help me figure this out.
    Power on while holding volume up (or down don't remember) untill you see the BIG USB symbol. Then run the 3.0.5 webOS Doctor and it should work.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Power on while holding volume up (or down don't remember) untill you see the BIG USB symbol. Then run the 3.0.5 webOS Doctor and it should work.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    OK, I will try it again. I can get to the USB symbol, but the last time I tried to doctor, the process would not run all the way. It hung up after connecting the TP. But, I will try again. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I was able to start up the doctor, but it never finished. I got to the instruction to connect the TP to the computer. I let it run for hours, until the TP battery finally exhausted. I don't know if anything was happening on the TP side, there was no progress bar or other message. On the PC side, we could watch performance through task manager and it appeared that something was happening, but no way to really tell.

So, after recharging the TP battery, got the TP started up, but all of the apps were still there and everything looked the same, so it appears that a total reset was not accomplished. I was able to run some of the apps, sort of. Those that I tried did not run properly. I deleted a purchased app with the intent of downloading it again. Mistake. It wouldn't re-download. The downloading button would flash briefly, but nothing happened to indicate a download was taking place.

Will try to doctor again I guess. Not sure if the problem is with the TP or the PC though when doctoring doesn't complete like it's supposed to.

Any other advice?
    If you go to the settings tabs, and pick device info, you can do a full reset right on the device. Plug it in, go to reset options, and choose full device reset.
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    traveld,

My brother's TP had the same issue last week (his would disconnect during doctor install at 8%) and I was able to fix it following the set of instructions that I included in this package I zipped here.

In this zip file I included:

Instructions
    Novacom Drivers
    ACMEInstaller
    nova installer image
    novaterm
    terminalcontrol.dll
    The full download of webos doctor 3.05 (222 mb)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5oxg66il08...20Touchpad.zip

I did not write these instructions myself but they were very helpful for me.

Also look for you tube videos on how to fix your issue. There are a few out there.

Good luck
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Thank you for feedback. We figured out if was the computer that had the problem. It was missing drivers that the TP was looking for. Put the missing files on the PC and the doctoring completed as it should. However, then had to deal with updating the certificates. Another painful experience!