1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone,

Given that the ACL App Mall seems to no longer be updated, I believe there are some that know how to get to the Google App Catalog and/or Amazon App Catalog....

If this is the case, does anyone have simple instructions on how to do this? As I have said before, I am a novice, and often the instructions I see on various posts here regarding the TouchPad are complex to me and include acronyms and assumptions... many of you are experienced developers which have no problems going through some of these instructions. Heck, if I was more technical, I would have installed CM a long time ago...lol

Please, if there can be an "Add Google App Catalog to ACL for Dummies" post, it would be most appreciated.

The instructions for how to do that have been posted on here. I don't recall if it was in an ACL thread or a separate one, but I know I've seen it a few times.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOS Rocks View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Given that the ACL App Mall seems to no longer be updated, I believe there are some that know how to get to the Google App Catalog and/or Amazon App Catalog....

If this is the case, does anyone have simple instructions on how to do this? As I have said before, I am a novice, and often the instructions I see on various posts here regarding the TouchPad are complex to me and include acronyms and assumptions... many of you are experienced developers which have no problems going through some of these instructions. Heck, if I was more technical, I would have installed CM a long time ago...lol

Please, if there can be an "Add Google App Catalog to ACL for Dummies" post, it would be most appreciated.

Google is complicated. Amazon is easy, first go to android Settings, then Applications and check the box for Unknown sources. Then open the android browser & go to Install Amazon Appstore then click on Download the Amazon Appstore, then follow the on screen prompts.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The instructions for how to do that have been posted on here. I don't recall if it was in an ACL thread or a separate one, but I know I've seen it a few times.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    The instructions I have seen are not for the novice... hence this thread.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Google is complicated. Amazon is easy, first go to android Settings, then Applications and check the box for Unknown sources. Then open the android browser & go to Install Amazon Appstore then click on Download the Amazon Appstore, then follow the on screen prompts.
    thank you! i will give this a shot... much appreciated.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    You could also give 1 Mobile Market a go too 1Mobile Market - best Google Android Apps Market and there are a few APK sites around for free software for older versions of Android. But these you'd need to sideload and there is of course the danger of malware/virus installs.
    I'm interested in the Google PlayStore instructions as well. I have read the instructions posted on this site and as the poster for this thread indicated...WHOOSH!!!!, over my head. I have installed the Amazon app store as well as the 1Mobile Market. I have also successfully downloaded apps from the Opera Mobile Store.

All of the above have been easy.

It's the Google PlayStore that's yanking my undies over my head.

-Koa-
    I just came across...

Mobogenie

works great!

-Koa-