1.    #1  
    As recorded in this thread:

Synergy Broken?

My 3.0.5 Touchpad decided to do a restart (Erase all Apps and Data) on me. When I attempted to reload my patches, all of them loaded fine with the exception of Uber Calendar, which apparently is on my device, is not functional, but can't be uninstalled, as recorded in this thread:

UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch (starting at post #4081)

So that meant that I was going to have to take my first trip ever to The Doctor (after 2 1/2 years of owning my Touchpad).

So, I logged in to my HP Profile from my PC, downloaded the Doctor .JNLP file to my desktop (file name : webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi), doubled clicked on it and it began to download The Doctor. Seemed like it took a pretty long time for the progress bar to load, but then when it finished downloading and went to try to run I got the error message on the attached .png screen capture.

This didn't look like an error message from my antivirus/firewall software (McAfee) or from Windows. The download program was "Java (TM) Web Start Launcher", and this looks like a Java error message.

I checked McAfee and saw that it was set to auto stop programs, so I changed it to "ask me", not "auto", and ran it again with the same error message, which reinforces my belief that this is a Java problem. I'm running Java 7.5, and only 1.5 or later is required.

Now I can't even Doctor to fix my Uber Calendar problem.

What the heck am I supposed to do now!?!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Odd - is the date set right on your computer? I haven't downloaded a doc in years, as I have kept them all, but I can't imagine they've changed them. I haven't installed java 7 (er, 1.7 ) on my PC, so I can't say it's not related to something new in java..

I never download the doctors from HP's recovery site, because the default behavior of the jlnp files is to download the jar for you and run it, but not save it for future use. Get the appropriate doctor here (wifi-only vs ATT): WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

If it's wifi-only it will be this one: http://downloads.help.palm.com/webos...5hstnhwifi.jar

Then when you run it, run it from a command prompt, like this: "java -jar webosdoctorp305____.jar" (use correct filename) so you can see any output aside from that somewhat useless error message from Windows.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Odd - is the date set right on your computer? I haven't downloaded a doc in years, as I have kept them all, but I can't imagine they've changed them. I haven't installed java 7 (er, 1.7 ) on my PC, so I can't say it's not related to something new in java..

I never download the doctors from HP's recovery site, because the default behavior of the jlnp files is to download the jar for you and run it, but not save it for future use. Get the appropriate doctor here (wifi-only vs ATT): WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

If it's wifi-only it will be this one: http://downloads.help.palm.com/webos...5hstnhwifi.jar

Then when you run it, run it from a command prompt, like this: "java -jar webosdoctorp305____.jar" (use correct filename) so you can see any output aside from that somewhat useless error message from Windows.
    Thanks Matt! Downloading now from WebOS Internals.

When you say run it from a command prompt, do you mean from WOSQI?
    No, from the Windows command prompt.
  5.    #5  
    Success! The .jar file from WebOS Internals ran fine with no problems and I was able to complete the Doctor. Starting to reload applications, then will start this weekend to patch it back up the way I like it :-)

Thanks for the redirect on where to get The Doctor, Matt!!