1.    #1  
    Has anyone noticed Yahoo messenger problem on HP Touchpad 3.0.5 ver? It keeps signing in and out of the Yahoo messenger account (most of the time it remains logged out). Google talk seems to work fine.

On my Palm Pre (1.4.5 ver), I can't even log into my yahoo account. It started in mid 2012 or thereafter. The error states that it cannot connect to the server. I doctored the phone and still the same error.

Any known issues or protocol changes similar to what we have seen lately with google, yahoo contacts, etc?

Thanks.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    So, is this recent on the TP, but since 2012 on the Pre? The last issue I remember was the Yahoo 1299 Error. I think it only applied to mail and would give that number in the error message. Seach this site for 1299 & how to set up your mail account manually, but I'm not sure that's the problem.

Could it just be a timeout problem?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    So, is this recent on the TP, but since 2012 on the Pre? The last issue I remember was the Yahoo 1299 Error. I think it only applied to mail and would give that number in the error message. Seach this site for 1299 & how to set up your mail account manually, but I'm not sure that's the problem.

Could it just be a timeout problem?
    Both Touchpad and Palm Pre issues started around the same time. Thx.
    I have two accounts on Yahoo on one of my touchpads, and the messenger was flipping in and out like that on one of them. I looked and saw that my computer was also logging rapidly in and out of that one. Apparently Yahoo doesn't like multiple logins anymore
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    This has been the issue for me too: Yahoo doesn't let my computer and phone stay logged in at the same time. I've also experienced the issue with my Pre3 and TP kicking each other off, but somewhat strangely, that doesn't always happen. It happens often enough that I tend to keep Yahoo IM turned off on my TP and just use it on my phone.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I have two accounts on Yahoo on one of my touchpads, and the messenger was flipping in and out like that on one of them. I looked and saw that my computer was also logging rapidly in and out of that one. Apparently Yahoo doesn't like multiple logins anymore
    I am not logged in on any other device and yet it does the signing in/out. Any input on why Yahoo I'M doesn't work on Palm Pre anymore? Thanks.
    Hi palmpre06062009,

It's doing the same on my Pre3, so it could be more universal.