1.    #1  
    Unit hasn't been used in a year or so and I want to give it to someone (16GB wifi). Going to device info and attempting to erase using any of the options just does nothing. The device restarts with everything in place. I have tried the three-button trick, and got a warning that the entire device would be erased.....but nothing after it restarted. I tried to doctor it but all I have is an iMac running Mavericks. I could download the doctor, it would start, but crash after 12%, saying it couldn't reset the device. When logging into the account on the web, everything is there except there is no information about the device, and thus no option to remote wipe.
    Even if I go into USB mode and erase some apps, they come back when the device reboots. When I try and turn off backup and erase the current backup, I get a message saying I have to be connected to a network.....and I AM connected to a network.

Not too long ago I wiped a 32GB TP with no problem whatsoever......

There must be some way to wipe this device.....HELP!!!!!!
    go to device information and select reset options
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Unit hasn't been used in a year or so and I want to give it to someone (16GB wifi). Going to device info and attempting to erase using any of the options just does nothing. The device restarts with everything in place. I have tried the three-button trick, and got a warning that the entire device would be erased.....but nothing after it restarted. I tried to doctor it but all I have is an iMac running Mavericks. I could download the doctor, it would start, but crash after 12%, saying it couldn't reset the device. When logging into the account on the web, everything is there except there is no information about the device, and thus no option to remote wipe.
    Even if I go into USB mode and erase some apps, they come back when the device reboots. When I try and turn off backup and erase the current backup, I get a message saying I have to be connected to a network.....and I AM connected to a network.

Not too long ago I wiped a 32GB TP with no problem whatsoever......

There must be some way to wipe this device.....HELP!!!!!!
    Sounds like you might have a locked NAND, or a corrupted media partition which can act like a locked NAND...

Search the threads on repairing a software locked NAND and see if that fixes your issues?
  4.    #4  
    My Touchpad has not had Android installed. I just basically want to just try to doctor it but running into a problem with a Mac running Mavericks, and novaterm is an exe file, so I have to run that in Parallels; when I do it can't find the device.....